Chapter 1

We need a break.

 It wasn't the first time they fought. But it was the first time their daughter witnessed the violence of the scene.

 

« You know what Lee Donghae ? I'm out of it ! »

 

It was their first time she heard her daddy call her appa with his full name.

 

« Oh come on Hyukjae, don't act as if it was only my fault ! »

« Care to explain how it is NOT your fault ? When you're the one who comes back so late with the only excuse of work ! What about that woman's message you received last night ? »

 

Hyukjae was so infuriated and yet so insecure, tears starting rolling down his face as he was shouting at his husband. He couldn't take it anymore.

 

He violently shut the kitchen room, place where they had been fighting and started climbing the stairs.

 

Haru started panicking as it was already 2AM and she was supposed to sleep. The anger that could be seen in his daddy's eyes could have frightened her, if she didn't notice the tears that didn't stop falling.

 

Hyukjae who had been looking down all the time, finally noticed his daughter in the middle of the staircase.

 

« Ha- Haru » he was startled.

 

She expected her daddy to ask what she was doing here, in the middle of the night, yet he didn't.

 

« My baby daughter, how much did you hear ? » he asked, tears still falling.

 

She loved the way her fathers still considered her as a baby even if she was already 8 years old. She didn't say anything but extended her arms so she could hug her daddy.

 

Hyukjae wanted to be strong, he didn't want his daughter to witness such a scene, but he couldn't stop the crying. He sobbed even harder in the little girl's arms. He lifted her in his arms, making her hug him even tighter and took her to her bedroom.

 

« Sweetie, my baby daughter, I'm sorry, we didn't mean to wake you up ! You know I still love your appa, it's just that sometimes people don't agree or are so worried about the other that they might end up fighting. You should go to sleep, and tomorrow you'll see everything will be fine » He kissed her on the cheeks, at least ten times on each, and pecked her forehead before wishing her to have a good night.

 

Donghae had witnessed the scenes, he had been worried when he heard Hyukjae stop in the middle of the stairs, and had been really down when he heard their daughter. They had always been united in front of the various demands of Haru, they had always agreed on the education they were to give her, and, yet, tonight he was afraid of what Haru could think.

 

He entered the room when Hyukjae was kissing his daughter endlessly, and when his husband was finally done he cleared his throat.

 

« Appa ! » Haru was the one to speak up. She opened her arms so she could receive a hug from her appa as well.

 

Hyukjae wanted to retreat, his heart was heavy, but Donghae caught his hand and forced him into the hug. Their fight was nowhere near finished, but they wanted to give a united family image to Haru.

 

They each kissed their daughter's cheek, and Donghae, never letting go of his husband hand led him to their bedroom.

 

They changed into their pajamas, and Hyukjae went by his side of the bed and turned his back.

 

« Baby... Hyuk... » Donghae tried.

 

He put an hand on Hyukjae's hip. Hand that was chased within a second.

 

« Hyuk, you know that I love you, never doubt that »

 

Hyukjae pulled the blanket up, in an attempt to ignore his husband.

 

« This girl, she's just a colleague, she's tried for months to get closer to me... but you're the only one I love. I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. You're not at fault at all. »

 

Hyukjae was insecure, he had been insecure for years. He had been insecure since a drunk Donghae had slept with a girl that had tried to seduce him for months at university.

 

Haru had been the fruit of this accident. And yet, Hyukjae loved her with his entire soul. The girl had threatened Donghae with her, but quickly flew when Donghae gave her money for their daughter.

 

Donghae had been left with a baby daughter, and a boyfriend he had to explain everything to. Hyukjae had taken months to accept the fact, but the adorable baby made him melt everytime. He realized it was a chance for the both of them. He could be a daddy, and that was a blessing.

 

Donghae could finish his studies because his mum took care of Haru for him. Hyukjae also helped. And by the time Haru was 1, Donghae proposed to Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae had been a huge support, he had forgiven Donghae for his fault but had been scarred for the rest of his life.

 

He never wanted to doubt Donghae, but this one time it had been too much. The girl who had texted Donghae had the same name as Haru's biological mother.

 

« Baby, the girl, I don't know her, she's not the same Jina, and if I didn't tell you about her, is because she never meant anything, I didn't even chat once with her except for work. I know I hurt you so bad back then, it was the hugest mistake in our relationship. But Haru is also the best thing that happened in my life, along with being with you. Forgive me, please, I love you so much. »

 

Hyukjae sat up on the bed, and glanced at Donghae.

 

« I'm sorry, I'm just thinking way too much. I think I need a break. »

 

Donghae's eye widened.

 

« A break ?! » he panicked.

« I have no intentions of breaking up with you, it would mean divorce, and I still love you too much for that, I think I just need a few days out of this house. Do you want me to take Haru with me ? She'll be on holidays the day after tomorrow, and I took a few days off to pass some time with her. »

 

Donghae tried to reach his husband's hand. He received Hyukjae's attention and took advantage of the moment to peck his husband's lips.

 

« I'm willing to let you have a break, only if you sleep in my arms tonight. »

 

Despite of his heavy heart, Hyukjae agreed, he needed the contact to be able to be away from his husband for a few days.

**************************************************************************

Thank you for reading, comments are always very welcome ! :D♥