Chapter 2

We need a break.

The day after when he woke up Donghae still had his arms wrapped around him. He liked the warmth, but reminded himself he had to grow used to being lonely for the next few days.

 

He checked the alarm clock, Haru was to be up in 15 minutes. He decided to go to the kitchen and prepare everything for his daughter. He also prepared coffee and toasts for Donghae. For the sake of family unity he thought, but he still hugely cared about Donghae.

 

Haru woke up on his own and directly went to the kitchen, when she opened the door she ran into her daddy's arms. He lifted her and pecked her forehead. She whispered I love yous into his daddy's ear.

 

« Will Appa wake up soon ? »

« Why don't you go and check yourself my baby ? »

 

Haru ran up the stairs and threw herself into her dads' bed.

 

« Appa, appa, appa !! Wake up » she shouted and snuggled with her appa.

« Hmmmm Haru, you know appa doesn't like being awoken so early in the morning ! »

« But appa, I'm going to school soon, and daddy already prepared breakfast for you »

 

Donghae was a bit shocked, he would have thought Hyukjae would have left without a word. But he was still there, caring for him.

 

When he was totally aware of all of this, he hugged Haru super tight and kissed her face.

 

« Appa, why are you so cuddly in the morning ? » she laughed.

« Because appa is going to miss you » he pouted.

« But, appa, I'm not going anywhere, am I ? Is that because of yesterday ? Because you and daddy fought ? » she started crying.

« Of course not, my baby, you and daddy will be going to visit grandma ! But appa still has to work ! » he pouted. « Now let's go and eat the breakfast daddy prepared ! »

 

He took her hand and rushed downstairs, when he was there he pecked Hyukjae's cheek who was drinking his coffee and motioned for him to watch Haru teary eyes.

 

« Haru, my baby, did appa tell you we're visiting grandma ? »

 

She nodded.

 

« Are ou crying because you will be away from appa ? »

 

Once again she nodded, trying to ease her sobbings.

 

« But I promise we'll call appa every day and you'll be so busy eating cakes from grandma that you won't even remember how many days you will be apart from appa ! And you will be with me ! I'll give you twice more love ! » he hugged her so tight she stopped crying.

 

Donghae joined the hug.

 

« You see baby, everything is alright » he said.

« Now let's finish your breakfast and prepare for school ! You wouldn't want to be late to see your friends, right ? » Hyukjae added.

 

Haru drunk her hot chocolate in one go, making her daddies laugh, and ran upstairs.

 

« Careful, Haru, careful » Hyukjae shouted.

 

He sat back on his stool and noticed Donghae was looking at him.

 

« We messed up big this time » Hyukjae sighed.

« I'm sorry baby, I should have told you everything right away » Donghae looked down, now, staring at his coffee.

« It would have happened some day Hae, we just have to make sure she knows we're not breaking up »

« Do you still want to leave for a few days ?» he asked full of hope.

« I still think it's for the best, I need a few days out of our routine, I need to talk to someone, I need to let the doubts go once for good. I want to come back stronger to you, so we will always have a healthy and trust relationship. I need to work on myself, it will only take a few days I swear ! » he slightly touched Donghae's hand and gave him a small smile.

 

« Daddyyyyyyyyyyy ! I'm ready ! Let's go ! I can't wait to see Henry and Hani ! »

« We're going my baby, go and kiss appa ! »

 

As they climbed into the car, Donghae followed them by the entrance door. He waved at his beaming daughter, and sighed when the car was out of sight. No matter how mad Hyukjae was at him, he was still perfect. He sat on the first step of the front porch and blankly stared in front of him.

 

He had been the one to ruin Hyukjae 8 years ago, he knew he was affected, and yet he couldn't do anything. He had never loved a woman, yet he slept with one.

 

Before the incident they had been together for four years, they had fell in love during their freshman year at university. At that time Hyukjae would get jealous a lot over girls who were trying to seduce Donghae. But Donghae could claim he was gay and only love men, and only loved one :Hyukjae.

 

As he regained his senses, he decided to send a text to his husband.

 

[I will never stop loving you, you're the one and only baby, there will never be someone else for me, except Haru of course. Have a good day my love]

 

As Hyukjae reached his workplace he heard his phone buzz. Donghae was doing his best to reassure him. Just a few days he said to himself.

 

Since he was a bit early, he decided to call his mum telling her him and Haru would certainly arrive for dinner the following day. His mum was so happy that it eased his pain. He even decided to send a small text to Donghae.

 

[Have a good day at work too!]

 

Donghae smiled at the small message, Hyukjae was really trying not to be too upset, he could notice. Usually when they fought the other could ignore him for two days.

 

Their love was strong, no one could deny, but every relationship has its ups and downs. He caressed the picture he had as a wallpaper : Haru and Hyukjae hugging after they finished a snowman. They were both radiating with happiness. This picture was a source of strength for him everyday. He stayed one more minute staring at it, and finally decided to go prepare for work.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Thank you for reading the chapter ! Comments are highly appreciated. I think the story is meant to be around 5 or 6 chapters. I will try to publish one everyday as long as I can write enough. If it is not everyday, I'll try to publish at least one every two days ! :)