Gift

Be Mine (High School King of Savvy x BOF crossover)

Sorry it took so long! Thank you for all your comments and support, because of all the comments, it motivated me to start writing again!
Actually I wrote Chapter 2 a long time ago, but I didn't like it, so I deleted it... 
This is my second piece! Also Happy Lunar New Year to all!

Chapter 2: Gift


It was only when Ga Eul reached home that she realised she still held Jin Woo’s jacket. She managed to avoid Ji Hoo’s questioning stares as he drove her back and had spent the rest of the journey answering Chung Ah’s annoying texts. She was exhausted and was in no mood to do any more socializing. As she held Jin Woo’s name card in her hand, she decided to return the jacket the next day. 

Morning came quickly for the busy COMFO director, he had a full day ahead with back-to-back meetings. It was past lunch when he could finally come back to his office, rubbing his temples, trying to suppress a forming headache. His eyes fell on a large paper bag on his desk, before he could question any further, his assistant quickly explained, “Director, someone left this at the front desk, addressed to you, apparently it was your blazer.” 

“What? When was this delivered?” 

“It was about 2 hours ago while you were-” 

Jin Woo ignored his assistant and hastily checked his phone and found Ga Eul’s text amidst a growing list of unread messages. 

[Thank you for last night! I had your jacket dry-cleaned this morning! I also hope you like the small thank-you gift, my skills aren’t very good, so please don’t judge it too quickly! Also, please remember to eat something!] 

Jin Woo smiled to himself and rushed to open the package. He placed his blazer aside and found another paper bag with a sandwich and a salad. He also found a white box. He opened the box to find a large tea cup, Ga Eul’s initials were engraved at the bottom of it, signifying her handicraft. 

“Director, would you like me to get some lunch for you?” His assistant interrupted Jin Woo’s train of happy thoughts. 

“It’s fine,” Jin Woo smiled and showed off the sandwich hidden in his package, “head off quickly for lunch, we will begin the next meeting in 20 minutes.” 

The assistant bowed and left the office, leaving his boss smiling to himself. Jin Woo wished he could give a heart-felt thank you call to Ga Eul but he still had to finish up his next presentation, he pondered briefly, before he sent her a short message. 

[You should have called me when you came by. The cup is beautiful, I’ll be eating well today, so thank you. I’m going to be busy in the next few days but I would like to meet you again soon.]

Jin Woo looked at the cup again and smiled before biting into his sandwich, and getting to work on his presentation. 

Director Yoo was not lying when he said he would be busy, a new development project had came up and he even had to fly overseas to attend meetings, but even during his busy schedule, he had managed to at least send 1 or 2 text messages to Ga Eul. The messages were about mundane topics, such as how was she doing and if she had already eaten or gotten off work, but every reply he gotten from her made him burst into smiles instantly. His colleagues noticed the change and would slightly about it but Jin Woo would brush it off and often ordered them to concentrate on the tasks at hand. 

Jin Woo realised he was falling faster for Ga Eul when it was 2 days since receiving word from her. He was immediately tensed and was in a bad mood. 

This irritating dongsaeng, Min Seok was quick to catch on. They were taking a quick break from their intense discussion and Jin Woo was busy glaring at his phone.

“Hyung, just call her!"

"…I don’t understand what you are referring to," Jin Woo wasn’t ready to take advice from someone younger than him, and who was a thorn in his side the whole of today’s meeting.

Min Seok rolled his eyes and decided to give his hyung a bigger push, "What if she is in trouble? Like an accident? Or what if… What if she was kidnapped?!!” 

Jin Woo’s eyes widen and he started to develop an angry frown.

Soo Young, Min Seok’s assistant and wife, tried to calm the 2 younger directors down, “Stop putting weird thoughts in his head!” 

Min Seok laughed, “but I haven’t seen Director Yoo frown in a long time!” 

“Ya! Soo Young scolded, hitting her husband on the arm. 

Ignoring the loud banter that was soon to form, Jin Woo left the 2 and went out of the boardroom to give Ga Eul a call, When there was no answer after 2 calls, he started pacing around anxiously, gripping his hair. A thought suddenly slapped him in the face, and he sighed before giving a call to Chung Ah. 

"Ga Eul? She’s been sick these 2 days, I’m just about to head over to her house now. Oh… Could it be you are worried? Hehe… I-” 

“Has she seen the doctor?” 

“Of course!”

“What’s her address?”

“What? Don’t tell me you’re coming over? Wow Jin Woo-ssi, I didn’t expect that… I won’t allow you to take advantage of Ga Eul in her vulnerable state!”

“What nonsense are you sprouting out? I’m working and overseas right now, I’ll send something over. Just text me and … Keep me updated. Please.” 

Jin Woo hastily hung up before he had to suffer through having a conversation with Chung Ah. He sighed, at least Ga Eul was safe, he was about to have a heart attack, the more he thought of Min Seok’s outrageous imagination. 

He soon received a text from Chung Ah and while skipping through her angry rants and teasing, he found Ga Eul’s address. With fast fingers, he sent out various messages and headed back into the boardroom to resume the next meeting. 

Later in the day he had received 2 messages. Firstly, Chung Ah reported Ga Eul was doing much better and was resting well. Secondly, his second assistant who was in Seoul reported that Ga Eul had the delivery courier send back his care package, which included some ginseng and other health products. Jin Woo sighed, he could already imagine the shock look and defiance on her face when she rejected the delivery. He had received her message too. 

[I’m doing better! Please do not trouble yourself further and focus on work! I think you need the ginseng more!]

“She’s too kind,” Jin Woo cracked a smile, before telling his assistant to leave the care package at his desk, he would personally see to it when he came back. 

It was 3 more days before Jin Woo finally came back to Seoul and had some time off his hands, he decided to surprise Ga Eul and waited for her outside the kindergarten she worked at. 

As throngs of children and parents passed him by, he soon spotted her waving goodbye to the last few students. He got out of his car with his previously rejected care package in his hands. He wasn’t as flashy as the F4 boys, but with his impressive height and figure, it did not take long for Ga Eul to notice him. 

“Jin Woo ssi?” Ga Eul was shocked as she jogged to come greet him. 

“You know, I’ve been doing a lot of negotiating lately so I’m confident in making deals. Shall we strike a deal?” 

“Huh?” 

“I know you think this is expensive so you don’t want to accept it, so how about you treat me to dinner and we will call it even? I’m very healthy and I don’t like ginseng very much…. so I don’t think I need any of these,” Jin Woo gestured to the basket filled with expensive ginseng in his hands, “If you say no again, I may need to just throw it away…” 

Ga Eul seem to consider it while pouting, it was a cute look on her and it took Jin Woo all he had not to break out into a bigger smile, he had to seem pitiful to curry her favour. 

“Promise you wouldn’t pay for dinner like the last time?” 

“Ga Eul ssi, aren’t you hungry? I’m craving for some barbecue,” Jin Woo opened the car door, pressuring for Ga Eul to give in.

Ga Eul sighed and finally agreed, rushing back into the school to fetch her things. Jin Woo drove to a nearby barbecue joint and they soon started having a comfortable and lively conversation about their work.

After dinner, Ga Eul was dismayed to find that the sly Jin Woo had already paid for everything when Ga Eul left to use the washroom. 

“You promised!” Ga Eul raged as she sat in his car. 

“I didn’t promise anything, I just asked if you are hungry.” 

Ga Eul silently fumed in her seat as she tried to recall their conversation earlier in the evening while Jin Woo started to drive to her apartment.

At a red light, Jin Woo chuckled to himself and poked her nose to disrupt her from thinking, quickly drawing his hand back as the firecracker looked like she would have bit his finger off. 

“It was nice... the cup,” he begun, as he continued driving. 

“Huh?” 

“The tea cup you made. I like it a lot. I use it at the office but I’m thinking I need one to use when I’m home…” 

“Oh…” Ga Eul blushed, looking down while fiddling with the edges of her dress, “It’s one of the pieces I made previously, so maybe it wasn’t very good… I could make another one for you when I head down to the workshop this weekend….” 

“I would like that,” Jin Woo smiled, looking at her now, they were already at the front of her apartment.

“It’s in exchange for the ginseng and dinner! Ga Eul suddenly declared, looking up at him. 

"Haha okay,” Jin Woo gave in and tucked a strand of loose hair over her ear, watching her flush under his touch, “but you can’t sneakily drop it off at my office either, deal?” 

“Deal!”