Unexpected meetings

Be Mine (High School King of Savvy x BOF crossover)

Jin Woo knew he was tricked the moment he sat down in the restaurant alone. Chung Ah, the rude girl who had left her phone in his car the other night, had arranged to meet with him in a restaurant but she had not shown up and only left sent him a text message:

[My friend is coming to get it instead… ^-^ Don’t leave and wait for her, okay? She’s a nice girl, my Ga Eul! She should be messaging me… or rather you, on this phone.]

Frustrated, he attempted to call her but that sly woman did not pick up. As he wondered why Chung Ah even had 2 phones in the first place and was deciding to leave, he received a text message on Chung Ah’s phone. 

[I’m sorry I’m running late! Please don’t be angry! T_T One of the student’s parents didn’t turn up today so I waited with him… >_< ]

Jin woo’s brow arched in confusion, not understanding why this mystery person was being so friendly towards him. He looked at the top bar and it read, “Ga Eul”. “Autumn? What a curious name,” he thought as he decided to play along. 

[Where are you now?]

[I’m already in the cab, I will be there in 15 minutes I hope! Are you angry? T_T I’ll buy you dinner!] 

[Oh? Just dinner?] 

[Ya! Chung Ah T_T I’m already this poor, and you chose such an expensive place, this is a luxurious gift already! Have some pity on your childhood friend! T_T T_T T_T T_T… Okay, I’ll do one thing you want today!]

[Just call me when you reach.]

Jin Woo smiled at the number of crying faces in the text. He switched to using his phone instead, checking on his work emails while waiting for Ga Eul. 

In the posh restaurant, he was seated in a good position to see who was at the entrance, and also out of the restaurant’s glass window. The sky was dark and it was starting to pour. 15 minutes had already passed and there was no girl in sight. He supposed the rain was causing traffic to be a bit chaotic, shaking his head he continued looking through his emails. 

It was another 15 minutes before a young lady stepped into the restaurant albeit clumsy as she seemed to be carrying 2 bags and was running in from the rain. She gave a smile and nod to the waitress who helped her with her umbrella before quickly whipping out her phone to make a call. 

“Chung Ah, I just reached, are you here? Should I give your name?” 

Her voice was like a gentle breeze and Jin Woo smiled into the phone as he stared at her from a far, “Ga Eul ssi? This is Chung Ah’s… friend, please tell the waitress for Yoo Jin Woo.” He gave her a wave when he saw her confused face, laughing to himself. Lee Chung Ah was a sly woman indeed, tricking not one, but two people in a night.  

As the waitress led the confused girl to his table, Jin Woo straightened up, standing up to greet her. Still confused she shook his hand in a daze. 

“I know you must be confused, I’m Yoo Jin Woo. I’m sure your friend, Chung Ah, will be glad to explain everything.” 

“I’m Chu Ga Eul, I’m sorry but what is going on? Is Chung Ah here?” 

Gesturing for her to sit down, Jin woo answered calmly, “it seems we were both tricked today… perhaps you want to give her a call… on her second phone number?” 

It took a while before Ga Eul seemed to understand the situation, excusing herself to the ladies, she has hurriedly made a call to Chung Ah. 

When she came back, Jin Woo was already flipping through the menu. 

“I’m so sorry for having to waste your time, Jin Woo ssi. I’m so sorry for Chung Ah too. She just likes to play tricks like this. If it’s alright with you, I will be happy to take her phone from you and pass it to her and you can do what you have planned for for tonight.” 

Jin Woo looked up from his menu, “I already waited almost an hour here, if I had any plans for tonight, it is already ruined. So don’t worry about that.”

“I’m so sorry, please accept my deepest apologies.” Ga Eul had her hands together and gave a bow. 

“Didn’t you promise a dinner treat?” Jin Woo teased. 

“Eh?” 

“Are you going back on your words, Miss Ga Eul?” 

“Eh? Of course not… If it’s okay with you…” She took a seat from opposite him awkwardly fidgeting in her chair. 

Hoping to ease the tension, Jin Woo broke into a smile before recommending some items on the menu. 

They had a pleasant conversation after Ga Eul apologised for the fifth time. Getting over the initial awkwardness, Ga Eul slowly loosened up and laughed when Jin Woo told her how he had met Chung Ah in the streets. He learnt that Ga Eul was a pre-school teacher and she had an interest in the arts, mainly pottery. While she learnt he liked music and worked at COMFO.

As they finished their meals, Ga Eul was ready to foot the bill when Jin Woo swiftly slid his credit card to the waiter. A startled Ga Eul protested, “This is supposed to be my treat! To apologise for being so late. How much was it? I’ll pay you back right this instant in cash!”

Jin Woo placed his hand overs hers to stop her from counting the notes in her wallet. “How about to pay me back, you give me your number instead?” 

“… That’s hardly enough to make up for this…” Ga Eul seemed unfazed and persisted.  

“I still have a wish coupon right?” 

“Eh?” 

“You said you will do one thing I ask for today earlier,” Jin Woo smirked, shaking his phone and reminding her of her text message to “Chung Ah”, “my wish is that you let me pay and in return you give me your number. Unless, you really didn’t like not even 1% about me, then I won’t force you to.” 

Ga Eul seemed to give it a thought before she relented, holding her palm out. With a chuckle, Jin Woo unlocked his phone and passed it into her hands. Ga Eul keyed in her number and called herself, so she would have his contact too. 

She was very interesting to him, she was independent and had a streak of stubbornness, much unlike many girls he had met previously who were continuously fawning over him. 

“Thank you for the meal again, Jin Woo ssi.” Ga Eul bowed as they stepped out of the restaurant together.

“It was nice meeting you, Ga Eul ssi.” Jin Woo smiled.

The rain had stopped but the wind was still chilly. He removed his jacket and placed it over her, watching her flush prettily.

“Aren’t you cold? I’m fine, please-

"Do you need a ride home, my car is just around the corner.” He asked with a chuckle, she was always so courteous. 

“Ah no, I’m fine. I don’t want to be a bother any further…” 

“It’s not a bother, so- ” 

“Ga Eul?” A man called, cutting into their conversation. 

“Ji Hoo sunbae?”  

“Oh Ga Eul yang… It’s been a while, are you on a date?” 

“Eh?! No, this isn’t a date…” Ga Eul frantically explained. Embarrassed she turned towards Jin Woo and gave a short bow. 

“Jin Woo ssi, really thank you for today! I’m fine to go back on my own. Ji Hoo sunbae over here can send me back. Have good night.” Saying her quick goodbyes, Ga Eul quickly dragged a confused Ji Hoo down the street. 

Jin woo chuckled as he watched the petite girl dragging her senior down the road.

“I’ll see you soon,” he smiled to himself, seeing as Ga Eul still held on to his jacket. He had to thank Chung Ah for teaching him that little trick. 

 

———

 SoEulmate was my very first kdrama ship, I feel like a traitor ;___;