01

ambience

2012 (17)

   

The school bell rang as all the students pilled out the classrooms, ready to head home after a long day.

Joowon packed her things getting ready to get out from this hell of a school. Holding onto her backpack straps, she walked out the classroom. Should I go get food? Yes, I should. Woohoo bento sets.

Just as she went out the class door, Joowon felt someone hold onto her bag and immediately went in defense mode.

C'mon slow-poke, we dont want to be late to guitar class, again.” A voice said.

"No, you can starve by yourself"

“Do you really want to get kicked by Mina again?"

“Shut it pretty boy, I want lunch.”

Joowon said as Dowoon chuckled. She never misses lunch.

“Fine, but if we're late, I'm blaming you.” Dowoon said while pulling her to the canteen so she can get her lunch.

 “Okay okay the blame is on me, I just want food.”

After Joowon got her food, they boarded the bus at the bus station. Both of them beeped their cards as they walked to the back of the bus to find a seat. And as usual, the bus is packed.

“So, how's dance lessons without me?” Dowoon asked as both of them sat at the very back of the bus. Joowon snickered “Obviously better than usual since I won't get nagged at because my partner cant catch up on the beat.”

Dowoon glared at her as she chuckled, “That's why bands are more of my type because they don't dance. And I don't dance."

___

 

After a 25 minutes ride, they came down the bus and went into a building that had three gigantic letters on it that read “JYP”.

Both of them are trainees in the company since 2010. Even though it's only been 2 years since they joined the company, but they are quite popular among JYP trainees.

They don't know how, but somehow trainees from other companies know about them too. Most probably because they think they have more rivals and competition.

Popular for what? Their singing skills, dancing skills, okay maybe not for Dowoon but you get the point.

Both are popular for their composing and producing skills, their talent to play almost all the instrument by ears, and most importantly, their close and tight friendship.

They knew each other since they were 13, when Joowon first 'moved' to Korea.

They went to the same middle school and now high school. Chasing for the same dream, they decided to audition together. People think that they're unseperatable, some even think that they're dating. But both of them would honestly care less about what people think. As long as they know what they're doing, everything is fine.

You'll see that they bicker a lot, but that's how their friendship works.

But there's bound to be something they don't have in common. And it's their personalities. Dowoon is more of a cheerful type, sometimes. He's quiet most of the time.

Joowon too, she gives a cold vibe. She doesn't talk much, and her sarcastic-ness takes over her.

You'll sometimes see them sitting in front of each other and not talking, but they don't complain about it. They're used to it. 

__

 

“Finally,” Joowon said as a yawn left when streched her hands. “I think I'm becoming a lazy nowadays.”

Dowoon glanced at her “When are you not?” as he packed his cajon.

“Shut up," Joowon threw him a glare. 

Dowoon raised both his hands,"You win girl, want some food before going back?"

"When do I not."

___

 

Being highschoolers, they had to go to school in the morning and afternoon, train at night until midnight, sometimes till dawn.

It's the same routine for 2 years, but they never complained, not if it's to reach their dreams.

But sometimes seeing their friends from the company leave one by one because they couldn't wait so long to debut, makes them more depressed, stressed. Especially those who trained for a long time.

Joowon has to debut, she can't leave. Not if her father is watching her every move, he'll find a way to bring her back.

____

 

They walked to the food stalls around the alley and ordered some food.

“So friend, how have you been doing?” Joowon asked as she sipped on her can of coke. Dowoon stopped playing his phone and looked up at her, he sighed. “Tough?”

Joowon answered him, "When is it not?"

Their food arrived as the waiter placed it on their table and left.

“It's getting tough, more trainees are coming in and they're talented as , I can't help but get pressured.” He continued as he took his chopsticks and started chugging in food.

Joowon stared at him, "Can you stop eating like a hooligan.”

"Fine." They started to eat, they haven't ate the whole day since school ended, you can imagine how much food they ordered.

“I'm suddenly scared.” Joowon suddenly said, breaking the silence.

“At what?”

“Will we ever get the chance to debut?

__

 

Joowon was sitting in class as the teacher was blabbing about history.

Even though she was a trainee, she kept her academics stable,and presentable that is.

She joined the school volleyball team even if she didn't have time to attend training sometimes, she tries to go even for a half an hour. But she's still good at it.

Joowon never takes advantage of her being a trainee, she thinks whether or not someone is a trainee or an idol, they're still the same, they need to attend school, aim for good grades and do things normal people do.

There are some idols and trainees from other companies at her school that takes advantage of their "identity", but she could care less.

Plus, it's not like you're an international superstar or whatever, you don't even know if you'll get the chance to stand on stage to perform.

2 years living the same routine everyday, 2 years isn't a long time, nor is it a short span of time. She always questions herself why she chose this path, going through training, scoldings by trainers, gave up being with her mom at Toronto.

But then she knows why, she knows exactly why she chose this path, to let people from all around the world to listen to her music,music she made, music she composed, music that is coloured by her, music that is hers and only hers.

 

“Joowon?” A voice called her as she turned around to see one of her classmates beside her with his bag. “School ended, aren't you leaving? ”

“Ah, thanks Taewon. I didn't hear the bell.”

He chuckled  “Spacing out again huh.” Joowon smiled and wore her earphones as they left the class.

__

She walked to her locker to put her books away as she saw Dowoon walking towards her. “Well well, someone is late.”

“Shut up boy. Let's go.” She said as she pulled Dowoon with her.

“Someone looks a tad bit happy today. What happened? A boy finally confessed to you?" Dowoon placed a finger on his lips as he pretended to think.

"Although I think he should consult an eye doctor.” Dowoon joked and placed a hand around her shoulder as she walked beside him.

She glared at him, she hated him sometimes, but she's like this too. They insult each other a lot but they know that they're joking so it's okay.

“No Sherlock, no one is using the studio today, are we gonna finish the song or not?”

Dowoon widened his eyes, “How'd you know?”

“I was borned with techniques. So hurry up.”

__

The glass door opened as Joowon and Dowoon went into the recording studio. Dowoon the lights as he sat in front of his laptop. “So, where were we?”

Joowon took out her guitar and plugged it into the guitar recorder, she strummed her guitar. “Well let's continue with the second hook part.”

Joowon was concentrating on the song as Dowoon looked at her.

Why do I have such a good friend like her? It's been 4 years since they were close friends, 4 years.

It's not that long, but you can't say its a short period. She probably knows him better than he does.

She knows when he's dissapointed or sad at something with just a look in the eye. Even if Dowoon wasn't obvious, she somehow just knew.

“Hey? What's wrong?”

“No,nothing let's continue.”

“Are you keeping secrets from me again Yoon Dowoon?”

“Aish, just shut up and work.”

 

Joowon glanced at her friend, how she hope they can debut together, but she knows they can't.

There are so less co-ed groups now, even if there were, they won't last long. And the company won't take the risk to debut a co-ed group. She sighed as they finished the last part of the first song they composed together. 

 

Where will this path lead us to?

 

 

                            ________________

so,what do you all think?

well it's just the first chapter so just a small little intro

to the characters and their relationship.

jae will come out soon, i promise.

i'll update the second chapter soon!

hope you all liked it,tell me what u think

in the comments!!

-hoelographic