the beginning of a real friendship

I hate U

The sun is already lighting up the city when I open my eyes due to the pain to my neck, I blink my eyes a few times then I realize that I’m lying down on my sofa with my laptop on my legs in stand by.
I grumble scratching my forehead, yesterday night I must have been really tired to fell asleep here, I didn’t touch food. I sit clicking a random button to turn on my computer and I see that the site is still open and I received another message.

I blink my eyes a few times deciding to think about that message later going to fill my empty stomach with a nice breakfast. Today is my day off so I can think about myself, I can call Hoseok to let him come over to watch a movie or just to talk about our lives.
Expect for yesterday we couldn’t really meet up properly since weeks, we just chat by phone, but it is not like have him in front of me.

I take the phone from the kitchen cabinet searching for the number of Hoseok, I type a message asking him if he is enough free to find a few hours to stay with his best friend. He will come for sure so it’s time to move my and starting to tidy up my house and letting myself be presentable, even if he’s my closest friend I still think I must protect him not letting him see my face without any make up on.

While I’m searching something healthy in the fridge my cell phone rings informing me that a message has just arrived; I take an apple and a bottle of juice and I close the refrigerator approaching to my phone. As I expected Hoseok is coming and he decided on his own to have lunch together eating something made by “his amazing and beautiful friend”. Lap dog.

I smile starting to eat my juicy fruit thinking of what I can cook today; I don’t want to go out today, much less to go to the supermarket. I can make Bulgogi, I have all at home and he likes it so it’s perfect.

I stretch my arms drinking the juice and going right after to shower and to dress up, I decided to wear my favorite white shorts and a nice blue t-shirt, my make up is pretty natural but I put enough powder to cover all my skin imperfections.Yes, I think I’m ready to face someone now.

While I’m waiting for Hoseok I sit on the couch ready to read the message that I received during the night; again it’s from that guy, Suga.
I unwittingly smile clicking on the chat, I feel strangely happy and excited to read the following message, I shouldn’t, I really shouldn’t feel like that.

Oh, he is online right now.

“Oh,
I thought you wouldn’t reply actually. It’s the first time for me as well … I actually thought you wouldn’t reply to me, really.
I’m happy you did it.
I read something about you, you really worked hard to fill up your profile!
Do you really like Hit boy? I mean, almost every girls that I knew don’t even know who he is, That’s really surprised me!
You know, he is kinda my role model, I would like to make music to live. You know, be a producer or something like that.
What do you do you in your life? I didn’t find anything about it so we can start our conversation talking about this, I think.

- Suga ”

 

I read every word with a smile drawn on my lips.
He is online right now, he may have seen I am as well so it would be a bit impolite to ignore him now, right?
I should reply right now, right?

 

“Good morning,
You are online right now, I hope you had a nice night.
I listen to Hit boy because my best friend likes him as well so I just got into unintentionally, but I have to admit that he is not bad at all!
I read that you want to be a producer, that is a nice dream, you must be good at making songs, I would like to listen to something someday… maybe when we’ll be closer”

 

I delete the last phrases. What the hell are you writing?!
C'mon girl, you must remember why you are on this site, it is just a game and you cannot say something like that to a stranger. To an internet stranger.

 

Good morning,
You are online right now, I hope you had a nice night.
I listen to Hit boy because my best friend likes him as well so I just got into unintentionally, but I have to admit that he is not bad at all!
I read that you want to be a producer, that is a nice dream!
I don’t have such a dream, I just want to live a peaceful life, I envy people like you, you are working for a purpose haha

___ -”

 

I send the message not asking for anything, I really don’t know what to do, what am I supposed to ask to him?
I sigh loudly turning off my computer and turning on the television waiting for Hoseok.

 


 

I’m telling you that we should go to that concert, ___! You wouldn’t be disappointed!” He repeats eating another bite of meat, I groan playing with my food and glaring at him “I really don’t want to go to that concert. Don’t misunderstand me, dear, but It won’t be fun just because there will be him there”.

He rolls his eyes smiling lightly, “Yoongi won’t even consider you. We are going to a concert of one of his favorite groups. Please, ___! I really want to take you there!” he says taking his empty plate and going through the sink. He is so sweet, he always washes dishes when he comes to have lunch or dinner at my house. I smile looking at him starting to wash his things.

Ok, I will think about it …” I give the plate to him shaking my head to announce I’m not that hungry anymore “The concert is in more than a month, we have a lot of time anyway!” I say going to the living room to turning on the TV.

Time flies, you know! Last time we couldn’t go to that concert because you waited until the very last week to decide.” Hoseok follows me sitting on the couch and taking me by my hips to making me sit on his lap. “I know it is a sly plan of you to avoid to go to a concert, I know you ___!” He mumbles tickling my hips making me smile.

Hey, stop it! It is not a sly plan or something like that” I hit his hands moving from his lap to sit next to him resting my legs on his. He just sighs making himself comfortable on the sofa and taking the remote to find a nice movie to watch together.

We decide to watch a pretty boring movie not finding anything else better. We pass our time talking occasionally or just making fun of the main actress, a bit because of her stereotypical character and a bit because of her horrible acting skills.

Hours pass fast and we stop talking relaxing on that soft couch, Hoseok turn off the TV and he closes his eyes caressing my legs. I relax at his touch closing my eyes as well, I really love moments like these; we don’t need to say anything to feel comfortable, silence is perfect.

 


 

I must have fell asleep, as I open my eyes I see a sleeping Hoseok next to me, I still have my legs on his lap and his hands are still on my skin; I stretch my arms sitting on the sofa being careful to not waking up him from his sleeping state.
I look at the clock on the wall, it’s 6pm. I still can let him sleep a little more while I prepare something to drink; I move my legs from his and he just mumbles something moving a little bit, I smile getting up and going toward the kitchen starting to make hot tea.
I sit on the stool, the sun is starting to set and a warm orange light colors my house, it’s really relaxing just to listen to the silence and looking to the sun from the window.
I dangle my legs waiting to hear the whistle of the tea pot; my eyes move on the sofa when I see Hoseok lifting up his head to look around and rubbing his eyes;“I’m making tea” I say softly looking at him turning his head to look at me with a gentle smile on his face.
He gets up from the couch approaching to me and sitting in front of me.
I’m sorry, I fell asleep” he mumble with his raspy voice, I smile shaking my head “I fell asleep as well, don’t worry” I say getting up to turn off the flame of the tea pot, I pour the hot water in two cups and I wait a few minute looking how the tea colors the water in a slowly way; I pass a cup to Hoseok and I sit where I was a moment ago.
We drink our beverage thinking about our own matters, “I like this tea!” He says randomly moving in a circle way his cup, I nod looking at the tea “Yeah, it is pretty tasty. I bought it in that shop that I talked you about last time. The one with biological things!” I explain taking another sip.

____, I’m going to the cinema with Yoongi tonight. We are going to watch The Babadook, do you wanna come?” I look at him with a grimace on my face, is he kidding me?
Is that the new horror movie, right?” I ask  taking our cups and putting them in the sink, he nods looking at me for a response.
Ugh, Hoseok. I don’t know, I mean I’d like it, but if that says something bad to me I will really won’t mind to murder him” I say biting my lips “Don’t look at me like that, dude! Ok, I will come, but I’ll leave if something will bother me” I finally decide moving toward my bedroom.
The movie starts at 8pm so I will wait here while you prepare yourself, ok?” He says with a big smile. I nod rolling my eyes and closing my bedroom’s door.
I don’t really want to think too much about the right outfit to use, I just will wear a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt, it’s just a normal night with my bestfriend and Min Yoongi. My make up is already done so I’m ready in about 10 minutes.
I turn off the light taking my beg and the shoes that I chose to wear and I go to the entrance where Hoseok is waiting for me. He helps me to put my shoes and he takes my bag. “You can avoid to be that kind, really!” I joke poking his shoulder, he smiles back holding my hand and going to his car.

 

Here we are.
The cinema is not really full of people since we are here in the middle of the week. Near the box office there is Yoongi waiting for us with his headphones in his ears and the phone on his hand; I roll my eyes as we approach to him.
Hi” I say looking at my shoes, Hoseok holds my shoulder and greets his friend.
I already bought the tickets so we can already go inside the theater” he says passing the tickets to us, he moves near Hoseok and we head the room.
Hoseok sits in the middle to avoid any kind of problem and we watch the movie peacefully. I rest my head on Hoseok’s shoulder and I comment some parts with him during the movie.
There are other few people in the dark room, the movie has a really beautiful photography, but it doesn’t scary people that much. Some of them even leave the theater after just one hour from the start.

This movie was strange” Exclaims Hoseok going out from the theater, I nod laughing.
I heard it was her first work, but you can’t deny the photography was really amazing! The house was perfect and even the colors that they used. The actors were really amazing, especially that kid. I wanted to kill him since the beginning of the movie” I laugh.
I think it was a psychological thing about the condition of a single mother dealing with a problematic child. I think that monster” Yoongi moves his finger to emphasize  the word “it’s just the fear hidden in the main character. The movie isn’t really well made. It is so messy” I turn my head to Yoongi rolling my eyes “Oh, wow Mr Movie Critic” I say “It is an interesting way to see the movie, but how can you tell that? I mean, the book was there, she didn’t even know of the existence of that thing until her son took it from his books”.
He sighs “It’s all psychological ____, that book could be just all in the head of the woman. Babadook is like the fear, you can’t avoid it, it will always return and it will become bigger every time” I nod not having nothing to say. It’s always like that, he has always the last word in our conversations and this is the reason why he calls me silly sometimes. I mustn’t be that cultivated as him, but I still have a pride and a brain and I don’t think I’m that stupid, I just decided to grew my knowledge in specific things, just this.
We head to Yoongi’s car and I greet him in the same way I did when I arrived, he just greets me because he has to, then he turns to Hoseok greeting him and according to their next meeting.

I sit in Hoseok’s car curling up in the sit, it is so warm and really comfortable, he smiles patting my head and turning on his car to take me home.
I hope you had fun” He says looking at the street.
Yes, I did” I reply watching the lights of the street light passing fast “But I’m really sleepy right now” I say closing my eyes relaxing and waiting to stay at home in my warm bed.
We are almost at home” He says slowly.

As I greet Hoseok I enter in my apartment, I turn on the light and I go toward the window seeing the car of my best friend moving away. I sigh removing my shoes and taking my laptop going to my bedroom.
I wear my pajama and I sit under the blanket turning on my laptop to control ifhe replied to my message during the day.
He did. I bit my lower lip opening the message right away.

 

You must have a dream, a purpose - whatever you want to call it , it is necessary to our lives.
I think you just have to found out what is your.
Anyway, what will you do today? I think I will meet up my best friend and we will go around Seoul.

Suga”

 

Do I have just to found out?  I smile clicking the “reply” button:

 

That’s a nice way to see things, Suga.
I really hope to found out soon, It must be really amazing to have a purpose, a dream – I really don’t know how to call it. haha
I’m sorry if I’m replying just now but I stayed with my best friend all day and I couldn’t really use my laptop.
I had fun with him, we went out and I’m just back at home, I’m really tired.
Did you have fun today?

____. “

 

I see the green light near his icon so I just wait his reply scrolling the site’s home. A window opens in the bottom part of the site informing me of a new message.
I open it moving my body to feel more comfortable on the bed.

 

You will, I’m sure :)
I had fun, I went out as well. I arrived at home about one hour ago and I think I will start to work on a song.
You should go to sleep if you are tired, are you going to work tomorrow? Is your work hard?

Suga”

 

I read as fast as I can afraid to let him escape from his laptop.

 

What is the genre of the song?
Do you have a site where you upload them? I’m really curious about it.
Yes, tomorrow I will work, but in the afternoon so I have enough time to sleep. I’m a waitress in a cafè. It’s really tiring, but I really love talking to people so I enjoy my work.

___.”

 

I read again what I wrote, may I look too confident asking him that? Should I just keep not asking him anything?
Oh well, I’m not saying to come to my house, so it’s ok, we are just talking about his passion.
I send the message not leaving the message’s window this time.
It doesn’t take really long.

 

 

Hip Hop,  I read you like this genre. I don’t upload anything on internet.
First of all there are a lot of s on the web ready to steal everything that can be sold. Moreover I don’t really feel enough good to let my songs be heard by people.
When I will be sure they are perfect to my eyes I will upload them, or should I invite you here to let you listen my songs? :)
I’m kidding.

It must be really tiring working in a cafe, there are a lot of people that just live to mess with the cafe’s worker, you know … to have fun. I really respect you :)”

 

I laugh at his “I really respect you” and I decide to ignore his joke, letting go.
He must be a really hard worker.

 

It’s good that you look for perfection, but don’t overdo it.
I think you are right about the people that steal works on the web, I heard that lots of people find their own works on the net with someone’s other name on it
I really like that genre so I’m really curious about your songs ;)
When you will be ready I will be glad to listen to something.

Am I disturbing you? You may want to work.”

 

Sent it.
Few minutes.
His reply.
I smile again.

 

You are not a bother at all!
I won’t overdo it, thank you for your concern, I’m used to work all night and I have the day to sleep.
I work in a pub and I work just during the night so I’m pretty free.
I can send you something using an app, do you trust me enough to give me your KakaoTalk’s ID?”

 

I bit my lip, do I?
I mean, right now I would give to him my ID without thinking about it, he is really easygoing, but it may be a mistake.
Well, that app allows to block people, so if he reveals himself to be a strange man I can just delete his account and forget about everything.

 

yes I do.
My ID is ________.
I will wait your songs there :) I’m glad you trust me enough to send me something like that!
I feel really honored haha.
I will turn off my laptop now, I will wait for your message.”

 

Sent it.
I turn off my laptop resting my hands on my head wondering if I did the right choice. This might mean that he will want meet me or he may thing I’m an easy girl, damn.

 

The vibration of my phone making me jump, I turn my head seeing my mobile on the night table lighting up showing a new message from KakaoTalk.
I sigh taking my phone, I unblock it and opening the chat of Suga

 

“Hi. This is the song that I’m writing right now. I will record some seconds.”

 

I smile clicking the button to play the audio.
I move my head to the rhythm of the song.
It is catchy.
It is really catchy.

 

“Wow, I can’t believe you did this! It’s something that pros make!”

 

He sends a smiley emoticon. ”I’m glad you like it, but it is still the beginning, there are a lot of things wrong in just these few seconds I sent you”

I would like to say something smarter, but I’m not a professional and I don’t really know where these mistakes are.
I just send to him a smile saying that I hope he can find the perfection he searches for.

“I’m really tired, Suga. I’m going to sleep right now.
Let’s talk soon, ok?”

He sent another smiley emoticon saying goodnight, then I turn off my phone ready to fall asleep.
This might be the beginning of a real friendship, maybe.

 

 


 

Thanks to my beautiful betareader that helps me a lot

I really hope you like it!