Just a game

I hate U

“I think I better go.” I interrupt the guy in front of me, without a second to catch his breath he talked about his personal life, his work life and his past relationships throughout the evening without giving me the opportunity to communicate as well. I smile taking the bag and getting up from the table to leave the restaurant; the guy follows me with his eyes and then he blocks me holding my wrist “I thought we would have concluded something tonight”he whispers looking at me with a grin on his face drawing circles with his thumb on my skin, I reply leaving a smirk on my lips before shoving off my arm “life is always full of unexpected surprises, dear”. I turn my back walking away and leaving the good-looking boy in his seat trying to strike up a conversation with the waitress.
I snort throwing the bag in the passenger seat and removing my shoes, I massage my feet looking in front of me, it’s 11 pm and everything I had done up for all the evening was to find out how I fit into the career of psychologist; I did nothing but repeat the same phrases smiling like a fool hoping for a change of the evening. My reward? sore feet due to the heels and a headache. 
I turn to take from the rear seats shoes suitable for driving, I attach the seat belt and I turn on the car to go back home; at this hour I can’t organize anything, so I decide to end my romantic evening in front of a movie with myself.
As I get home I groan, finally that horrible evening ended; I change myself wearing my pajama, removing my make up and without thinking twice I throw myself on the sofa turning on the television deciding to zap through the channels until I’d find something interesting.


I can’t understand how it is possible all men with whom I went out are not suitable for me, I wonder if I am the problem. Maybe I expect too much, but I would just avoid superfluous relationships, I’m not the kind of person to have on the first date, but it seems that I can only find people who expect me to open my legs after eating at an expensive restaurant.


The finger stops at a TV commercial that caught my eyes, I turn up the volume to hear what it is about: Love&Kiss, a site for romantic dates; I wrinkle my nose calling me stupid for having stopped the zapping game to watch a commercial so silly; as you can find love through a social network, Furthermore on these sites hide horrible people; you often hear in the news of young girls becoming victims of abuse because of people met on the web. I start again to zap through the channels attempting to stop thinking about that tv commercial.

These are stupid inventions created for people without hopes, I think going to the kitchen to take a glass of water.  For months I searched a guy in vain, I might take it as a game. I bite my lip looking at my computer on the table. A game. I just have to see it as a game. I swallow the water and I put the glass on the sink.


I take the computer and I sit on the couch with my legs crossed, I put the computer on top of them turning it on. I take a deep breath before opening the browser and typing the name of the site just seen before on television. the web page appears so pleasing to the eye, it is in order and it has a base of color pink that relaxes the eye and makes it very pleasant. I search the area to register and enter my data. I add my preferences, my passions and everything needed to make my personal profile full of information; as avatar I decide to upload a picture that doesn’t show my face; perhaps it is normal for a love-site upload photos that show the face, but I hope that through this site I can meet someone interested in my passions and not to the size of my s. I wait a few minutes for someone to write to me, but there seems to be no one interested in my page; I snort turning off everything and I decide that tomorrow I will recheck if I will have time after work.I get up from the couch going to sleep.


The next day I wake up and I carry out my usual routine to get ready to go to work. I’m a waitress in a lovely local in the center of Seoul. It’s a pretty famous place that offers american style food and with a style tending the America of the’ 50s. I have breakfast then I head to the bathroom to wear my uniform; I make-up as usual and tie my hair into a high ponytail, I turn to see how the uniform models perfectly on my body before smiling pleased and leaving the bathroom.I take my bag and I go out from home to head for another busy and chaotic workday.

As always the place is full and I can’t rest for a single minute. I’m making coffee for a customer when I hear my name called by a familiar voice; I smile while I take the cup and I turn placing it in front of the costumer. I look to look the owner of that voice. 
There he is, leaning at the bottom of to the counter, Hoseok, my best friend, I smile approaching him, As I approach I see another familiar figure behind him and my smile fades from my face becoming a grimace.“Hello Hoseok!” I say in a loud voice and I turn to the other guy “Yoongi.” I say, nodding. Yoongi is one of the closest friends of Hoseok, he is a good looking guy and he recently dyed his hair platinum blond, attracting the attention of further girls. If not for his horrible attitude I would say that he is a boy almost acceptable, but our incompatibility is visible from miles away; it’s hateful the way he teases me for whatever I do, he sees me as a spoiled brat with no hopes. I also think that about him, I don’t know what he does in his life, I only know that he does nothing but stay at home day and night and he goes out only when it’s really necessary. I don’t even know if he has a job, and frankly I don’t care.
“It ’s always a pleasure to be greeted by you” says the blond with a grin, looking away from me to look at what is the Daily sweet. Hoseok smiles to my disgusted expression then he approaches me my head, “How are you? How was your date yesterday? ”He asks kindly. Hoseok unlike the blond guy it’s a very cheerful guy and he is always ready to help me. He’s a beautiful guy, he is taller than Yoongi, his skin is darker and he seems to be more muscular than his friend; he is quite popular in his school to be an excellent dancer, and several times I enjoyed seeing his shows.
“Well -”
“A fiasco, as always” Yoongi interrupts me smiling and looking at my shocked expression.
“I’m not the one to have done something wrong, if this may interest you!”I say stamping and looking at him angrily
“Guys, not here!” Hoseok scolds us choking a laugh. “Surely you will find the right guy, you’re a fantastic girl” continues Hoseok clearing his throat and looking into my eyes. I reply covering my face smiling shyly.
I feel Yoongi mumble something, but I decide to ignore him to focus on my work.“So, Hoseok, what can I bring today? The usual?” I ask, ignoring his friend.“Yes, thank you honey” I nod and I’m about to leave when I feel Yoongi clear his throat, “I think this waitress is not able to carry out her job well, she forgets of her customers” the boy doesn’t look at me, but he focuses on other things around the place; I look up to the sky, “What can I bring you?” I ask coldly putting my hands to my waist.
“I want that slice of apple pie” he says pointing to the cake. I snort nodding and starting to prepare their ordination.
They stay for about half an hour before taking their leave; I love the unannounced visits of Hoseok, they really make me happy.


I finish my turn in the late afternoon, I greet my colleagues going out from the back. I head to the car and I go home. The sun is setting, and the streets are busy by those who, like me, come back from a work’s day. For the evening I have nothing planned, probably I will  watch my favorite movie again. 
I get home and I throw things on the ground, I will think later to place them, I’ll think about it after a refreshing shower.

I make dinner and then I sit on the couch, my gaze falls on my laptop placed on the coffee table, I wrinkle my nose remembering of the site where I signed the day before. I bite my lip -only a game- I repeat mentally leaving the dish aside and taking the computer to place it on my legs and turn it on going straight to the site.

A message.

I swallow lingering about what to do, I continue to hover over the notification without have the courage to open it, there may be someone interested only in my hobbies?I sigh, looking up to the sky, repeating not to take seriously what’s going on this site.


“From Suga:
Hello,
My name is Suga. I am also new to this site …
… I’ve read many of your hobbies are the same as mine, so I decided to contact you.I hope to receive a reply. ”

That short? What kind of name is Suga? Which interests are the same as mine?
I raise an eyebrow before clicking on the “reply” button.


“Hello Suga! 
I am glad you are interested in my profile. What passions we share?I don’t know how to continue this message, this is the first time that I subscribe to this type of site and didn’t expect to really get a message.
I hope to receive a reply. ”

I conclude rereading the message a few times before sending it.
I enter into his personal profile, his avatar - like mine – it doesn’t show his face, but only lips and a microphone, 
may be his lips? 
I browse with the mouse reading of his passion for music and his dream of become a producer, I just smile at this particular aspiration still reading, he likes action movies and he loves to stay at home to watch them alone, as me on the other hand; even if I do it more out of necessity than as a hobby. He also lives in Seoul, I smile at this news even more eagerly.