Halloween

Stories Under The Weather

 

Hyukjae´s POV.

 

When you aren´t a child to wear a cute costume and go chasing for candies, when you aren´t a youngster to wear a y dress up and go hunting for one night stands, there is something else you can be doing on Halloween night.

 

“Donghae, it tickles,” I slapped away the hand that was instead of teasing me, trying to find out if I was ticklish.

 

“It can´t be helped when you´re so sensitive, Hyukjae,” Donghae smiled and rolled my shirt up.

 

We were in my apartment in the city. Old enough to ditch this whole Halloween nonsense we decided to have a nice evening. But as soon as that jerk arrived, he jumped on me like an animal. I was pushed against the sofa and laughing aloud because, for the god´s sake, it was tickling!

 

“What was that?” Donghae suddenly raised up aware.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked looking up at him. Was there some weird sound or what?

 

“It´s coming from the kitchen,” Donghae said and I pricked my ears. Nothing.

 

“I guess you were hearing things,” I told him and pulled on his shirt. If he´s so eager we can get down to the business now and watch the movie later.

 

We kissed and his hands were making their way under my shirt again. I could tell that he was trying hard to not tickle me this time and brushed against my skin harder. I hummed pleasantly and d his arms. But just when he was about to kiss my neck, something made him stop once again.

 

“There´s something in the kitchen, Hyukjae,” Donghae raised in his position again.

 

“I get it now, it´s not funny,” I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. That little was trying to scare me! I already knew how immature he could act and it was irritating that he chose such a stupid moment to play the theatre. He could have waited an hour or so.

 

“You should check it out,” he told me seriously.

 

“You´re not scaring me this year,” I rolled my eyes, “and if you don´t continue what you started right away, you can go whank yourself home.” As I said, it wasn´t funny. I hated when he played jokes like these on me because I would end up frightened and once I even cried. We would fight then and Donghae would feel guilty. In the end the evening would get ruined. As if, I´m not going to the damned kitchen.

 

“But Hyukjae, it´s really weird,” Donghae bit his lip, “as if somebody was sharpening knives!”

 

“Seriously,” I sighed. He wasn´t going to stop, was he? But he looked cute with his lip between his teeth and dishevelled hair. Okay, I will do it. “If you are so scared, I will go check it, okay?” I told him smiling.

 

“Really?!” He looked at me happily. That´s how a child looks like when you say you want him to show you the picture he he had drawn. His fingers were nervously playing with the hem of the shirt and I could almost believe he was scared to go there. He was nervous but also excited. I wish there was a real ghost in the kitchen that would scare him off. Nope, I wouldn´t want that. I would rather be it me crying in fear then my Donghae. I´m too soft.

 

“Yeah, get off of me,” I didn´t believe I could say that with my hard on.

 

I pulled down my shirt and pushed my hands in to my pockets. I was shuffling towards the kitchen with Donghae skipping behind me when the doorbell rang. I was just standing in the hallway, a few steps from the door and raised my hand.

 

“Don´t!” Donghae stopped me with fear in his eyes. What´s that? Another game? “Don´t open the door!” He warned me.

 

“Why?” I asked confused.

 

“You have to go to the kitchen,” he pleaded and I rolled my eyes. What a kid.

 

“Okay, go ahead, I will come right after I check the door,” I told him simply because I was angry. Wasn’t it enough that he ruined the evening?

 

Donghae ran off to the kitchen and I thought he was hurt but before I could change my mind and go after him, the doorbell rang again followed by some knocking sounds. it, I thought and went to open the door. I grabbed the handle and the wood creaked. But the person behind the door made all my blood freeze and throat dry out.

 

There was standing Donghae with a bottle of wine in one hand and pizza in the other.

 

“Hey, Hyukjae,” he smiled the way I loved it the most, “I´m sorry for being late.”

 

And then I finally heard it. For the first time. The sound of sharpening knives from the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaPpY hAlLoWeEn.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Good evening! I know I promised you a short story on Halloween but I couldn´t make it, sorry. On the other hand in my country we don´t celebrate it, instead we have an old pagan tradition on the 2nd of November, today. I thought it would be fitting to post this short story on the celebration of souls. I know I´m not that good with scary stuff and you always find my creatures cute. So this time I decided to take it the opposite way and on purpose created a monster that was cute, but was it really? Thank you for reading and take care... - PandaHero