Call me, baby

Call me, baby

He liked amusement parks, he really did, but Hoseok hates roller coasters for as long as he can remember. He just hated them. The uneasiness in his stomach, the height, the twists and loops… He’d rather dive into an ice-cold bath than sit in a roller coaster.

Hoseok threw his head back, inhaled and exhaled, and slowly rethought his life-decisions. If he hated roller coasters that much, then why the was he sitting in one right now, getting ready to take off?

“Remind me to never listen to you again, Yoongi,” he hissed to the blond sitting on his right, who was wearing a wild grin.

“Nah,” the blond simply replied. “That’s no fun.”

He felt a tap on the shoulder and turned around. “Yes, you too, Namjoon,” Hoseok stated, glaring at him. The reason he got on this train ride to hell was actually quite simple, but Hoseok didn’t want to admit it just yet.

“It’s cute how far you are willing to go for just a boy, hyung. I’ve never seen you like this,” Namjoon said, winking at Hoseok.

 “Bye,” Hoseok said, turning back to sit straight again and getting a good grip on the safety bar in front of him. “I’m scared as .”

“You’re welcome,” Yoongi mumbled.

 

 

Earlier that day

“I think it’s a good thing we’re doing this today,” Hoseok spoke, walking through the entrance of the amusement park.

Namjoon and Yoongi followed him in silence, the latter not saying anything and instead grunting in annoyance.

“C’mon guys, we have loved this amusement park since we were little and you can’t fool me saying you don’t anymore, because you’re ‘older’ now.” He suddenly came to a stop, what caused Namjoon to bump into him.

“Ah, hyung-” he tried to say, but Hoseok started to raise his arms.

“Embrace the youth that’s still in you,” he said, eyes closed and breathing in. “Feel the sun on your-”

Yoongi coughed. “Yeah, no,” he shot, and walked around Hoseok. “I just wanted to have some good quality time with myself and the studio today since Jimin is outta town, so you better not ruin it with your talks. Getting me out of the house was one thing, so you better give me a good time today.”

“Let’s just go, hyung,” Namjoon hissed, pushing Hoseok in his back, “And lower your arms, people are staring.”

Hoseok let himself being pushed by Namjoon and followed Yoongi. With a grin on his face, he looked at the two and got a feeling today was going to be great.

They walked through the park, and for most of the time, it was Hoseok dragging Yoongi and Namjoon around. They had gotten into several attractions, even in a few ‘slower’ roller coasters. It wasn’t a secret that Hoseok hated roller coasters; Namjoon and Yoongi knew about it. And yet he did that. But there were two roller coasters that they hadn’t ridden – two very fast and enormous ones, in comparison with the others.

And yet here he stood. In front of one of them.

Looking up at the height of it, Hoseok could already hear himself scream. He gulped. “Hyung,” he hissed at Yoongi. “There’s no way in hell I’m going to ride this.”

“I know you’re scared,” Yoongi began, analyzing the attraction, “but it will be so worth it.”

The three of them were standing in a line, in front of the roller coaster, when a train flashed by. Hoseok gulped. “I’m so not doing this,” he squealed. He followed the train with his eyes and his heart started to beat faster.

.

His eyes moved to the line that was waiting to get on, which wasn’t exactly far away from where they were standing. It wasn’t a very long line, he noticed. The train that just dashed by was now at the starting and stopping point and people were getting off. The line moved and new people were getting on. Hoseok thought to himself how in the world people were willing to do this on free will.

“You’re definitely gonna miss out if you aren’t going with us,” Yoongi said.

Hoseok imitated Yoongi’s sound and bit his bottom lip. From the corners of his eyes he saw the door of the control room open and two men walked out. He followed the first man with his eyes, but he disappeared quickly to check the other line of the train. His eyes switched to the second man, who was smiling at the people, checking if their safety belts were adjusted good enough.

(“You’re so weak,” Yoongi teased. “Such a wimp, a baby.”)

He didn’t really know what he saw. Like he couldn’t accept the sight in front of him. Maybe because the world seemed to stop for a second.

The man was, even from that distance between them, gorgeous. His strawberry blond hair was so beautiful, standing out from the others like that. It was beautiful, breath-taking.

(“There’s not a spark of manliness to find within you,” Yoongi continued.)

He had to see him from a closer point. And that probably meant he had to get on the roller coaster. Hoseok swallowed. Was he really going to do this because of one man?

“It isn’t like Hoseok is going to ride this roller coaster anyway, so let’s go inside before he drags us away,” Yoongi said to Namjoon, nodding his head towards the roller coaster. Hoseok looked away from the man and focused his hearing and sight on the two.

Namjoon nodded in response and without saying anything, they slowly walked towards the line of waiting people.

Thoughts flew through and around Hoseok’s mind. He brought his hands to his face and closed his eyes. “I’m such an idiot,” he muttered to himself, then yelled: “Wait up!”, and already regretted his choice when they turned around with confused faces. “I’m coming, too.”

As he was walking towards them, Namjoon’s mouth fell open. “Are you serious, hyung?”

“Yeah,” his voice cracked. “Yeah,” he corrected himself.

“This is going to be a wild ride,” Yoongi laughed.

Hoseok mumbled a whining “Why” and joined Namjoon and Yoongi at the end of the line – which was even shorter now.

Getting closer and closer to the boarding point, Hoseok’s heart started to beat faster and faster. His eyes constantly flashed from the line in front of him, to the train, to the handsome man. And before he knew it, the small gate opened in front of him and he sank down in the seat, with Yoongi next to him.

What he didn’t know, was that Yoongi and Namjoon exactly knew why Hoseok joined them. They noticed that every time a new line could enter the trains, Hoseok’s eyes had wandered over to a guy with strawberry blond hair. Yoongi and Namjoon knew Hoseok longer than today, it only took them a few seconds to figure things out and put two and two together.

“My heart is beating like crazy. Why am I doing this again? Remind me to never listen to you again, Yoongi,” he hissed to the blond sitting on his right, who was wearing a wild grin.

“Nah,” the blond simply replied. “That’d be no fun.”

He felt a tap on the shoulder and turned around. “Yes, you too, Namjoon,” Hoseok stated, glaring at the younger boy. The reason he got on this train to hell was actually quite simple, but Hoseok didn’t want to admit it just yet.

“It’s cute how far you are willing to go for just a boy, hyung. I’ve never seen you like this,” Namjoon said, winking at Hoseok.

“How do you-!?” Hoseok stated, eyes wide and mouth agape.

“We’ve been friends for more than ten years,” Namjoon replied, a small grin forming his face, “It’s not like we don’t know you by now.”

“Also, you couldn’t stop staring at him,” Yoongi butted in, “He’s got a nice and face, though.”

“Bye,” Hoseok said, turning back to sit straight again and getting a good grip on the safety bar in front of him. “I’m scared as .”

“You’re welcome,” Yoongi said proudly. “But Jimin’s is better.”

“I don’t even wanna know that!” Hoseok whined. “Can I still get off this hell-thing?!”

But exactly at that moment, the control room opened and the handsome man stepped out. “Nope,” Namjoon said, “You can’t.” Hoseok could feel Namjoon’s grin pressing in his scalp.

“ing hell,” he yelped softly, as the man got closer. He had to check Hoseok’s side of the train, guh-reate. And as he got even closer, Hoseok stopped thinking.

How lame, he thought. But the man was drop-dead gorgeous.

He checked Hoseok’s safety belt, adjusted the rubber block in front of it and pushed it. His fingers touched Hoseok and Hoseok looked up at the men. He shouldn’t have done that. The man was flashing Hoseok a beautiful rectangular smile. He didn’t know how to react, but could manage to give him a weak smile in return.

The man went on with Namjoon, and was way quicker done with him than he was with Hoseok. Namjoon leaned forward. “You’re acting weird, hyung,” he hissed with an evil smirk on his face. “Is Taehyung that intimidating?”

“Taehyung?”

“Nametag,” was a quick and clear reply.

“I want to hit you. With a chair.”

Namjoon didn’t say anything anymore and sat straight again with a satisfied smile on his face.

It took a few seconds, but after that, the train finally took off and Hoseok screamed from the moment the train got loose from the pull until it stopped. It cost Hoseok a few seconds to finally realize the train had stopped. He heard people talk again and on the background he heard Taeyang’s Ringa Linga softly blaring through the speakers.

To release the people sitting in the train, the employees had to, not only push a button, but to also help the visitors out of the chairs; they had to go past all of the visitors.

That meant, Hoseok realized after the train came to a stop and when the employees came out, that the handsome man – or Taehyung, according to Namjoon –  would come over to him again. “Oh, God,” he hissed and Yoongi burst out in laughter. Hoseok wisely chose to ignore it.

Handsome man walked out and Hoseok paused his breathing. He had looked straight at Hoseok when walking out. He got to the first row and helped the two people out of their seats, and Hoseok wasn’t really sure, but it looked like the guy tried to make eye contact with him?

As he came closer, Hoseok could see a nametag that read ‘Taehyung’… So for once Namjoon hadn’t lied to him.

(“See you later, Hoseok,” Yoongi muttered to Hoseok, leaving the coaster with Namjoon.)

Hoseok was next and Taehyung stepped next to him. While Hoseok’s heart was drumming through his whole body, Taehyung watched him as he lowered and slowly moved his hands over the rubber in front of Hoseok, touching his stomach on accident.

“Woops, sorry,” Taehyung mumbled.

Hoseok shook his head, mumbling a small “It’s okay,” and noticed Yoongi already left.

“Did you like it?” He what? Like what? Taehyung probably saw the confusion on Hoseok’s face and quickly added: “The roller coaster, I mean.” Hoseok quickly looked at him from the corners of his eyes and saw Taehyung pressing his lips together, focusing his eyes anywhere but at Hoseok.

“Yeah, I think so,” Hoseok replied, discovering a small croak in his voice. Damn.

Taehyung finally looked at him. Grinned at him. And once again Hoseok didn’t know what to do. Taehyung’s smile was gorgeous – drop-dead gorgeous. “Awesome, hope you have a nice day today.”

“Yeah,” Hoseok said again.  Mentally cursing, (couldn’t he say anything else beside a stupid ‘yeah’?), he returned the smile. “You too.” He hoisted himself from his seat and shot Taehyung one last look, who looked back.

He stepped over the seat Yoongi was seated in during the ride, and slowly stalled in the direction of the exit, replaying their conversation in his head.

“Wait up, Hoseok!”

He stopped his legs and slowly turned around. There was Taehyung, motioning him to wait for him, and he gave him a confirmation with his hand.

How did Taehyung know his name? He hadn’t told him his name, had he?

Discussing with himself, Hoseok didn’t see Taehyung nearing and jumped a little when he put a hand on his shoulder. “,” he softly cursed, placing his hand on his heart and turning around. “That scared me.”

“Ahh, sorry,” Taehyung apologized, bopping his head quickly up and down. “But, uh, you dropped this,” he said, head down and pushing a small piece of paper into Hoseok’s shirt.

“I don’t think I–” Hoseok started, taking the piece of paper from Taehyung’s hands.

“Bye.” Taehyung dashed away to the control room.

“–dropped anything? Huh?” He looked at the piece in his hands. “I first need to find Namjoon and Yoongi-hyung,” he mumbled to himself, keeping the paper tight in his right hand, and walking through the exit of the roller coaster, to the bench where the duo was waiting for him.

Yoongi grinned at him. “Look at who’s finally here. Did mister employee keep you busy? What took you so long?”

“He passed me a paper,” Hoseok whispered, not knowing what to expect.

Namjoon mumbled a “What?” and Yoongi shrugged.

“He passed me a paper,” Hoseok repeated, “saying I dropped it but I didn’t carry any pieces of paper on me?” He slowly started to unfold the piece of paper, and Yoongi and Namjoon were immediately all ears: anything that concerned their friend and a boy meant real business. They came to stand behind him and read along over his shoulder.

“I usually don’t and actually can’t do this, but call me ><” followed by a phone number.

None of them said a word. None of them moved a muscle.

“Dude,” Yoongi finally spoke after a few moments of silence.

Hoseok moved his head to look up at the control room, where a curious face – that belonged to Taehyung – was staring at him and immediately looked away when he noticed Hoseok and his friends looking at him. Hoseok saw his head slowly moving back to them and raised a hand next to his face. Hoseok’s face turned a slight pink because of Taehyung: he was making a ‘call me’ sign.

“ing hell,” Hoseok muttered, slightly embarrassed.

“Hyung,” Namjoon started, “this will be a keeper.”