end

No Return

"face from heaven,bet the world he don't know"

"Morning." Taehyung lifted his head up from the book on his lap he was reading,his eyes wide. Jungkook was lying on the bed,his black hair was messy,and his red lips were forming a sweet smile. "Morning." The older grinned as he slightly fixed his purple hair. "You don't have to see Jimin today?" Jungkook spoke innocently,like the incident between Taehyung and Jimin was nothing,like he already knew them all. And that got Taehyung speechless. His mouth shut as sweats started to form on his forehead. The younger shrugged and stood up,as he hugged his dumbfounded boyfriend and walked out of the room,closing the door behind him. Taehyung closed the book and put it on the table beside him,a groan escaping his lips.

He started to feel like he didn't know who Jungkook really was,like he was a stranger that he just met that morning. Then he rested his head on the table,feeling the coldness from the surface crept up to his face.

The cold feeling made him feel lonelier than ever,without Jungkook's warmth with him.

▪ ▪ ▪

Jungkook watched silently as Taehyung walked out of the house,ready for his work at the office with that usual stupid grin on his lips. He waved at his boyfriend before closing the door,locking it,and the angel-like smile on his lips vanished immediately. The sparkle in his eyes were gone,leaving his pitch black orbs dead,without any warmth in them. The only thing left were coldness,and pure hatred. He stepped along the hallway and went inside the room he shared with Taehyung,which once he loved so much,but now,the room felt so uninviting.

The black hair boy picked up his phone from the small table beside the bed,as he dialled a number. He put the phone beside his ear,as he waited anxiously for the receiver to pick up,his left foot tapping along.

"Hello?" Jungkook grinned immediately as he heard the voice he wanted to hear so much.

"Hey,what's up?"

"Nothing much." He could hear the hint of laughter in the receiver's voice,as he could imagine how the receiver's eyes formed two crescents with that sweet grin on his lips.

"I want to know,about our plan." Jungkook's voice was quiet this time,more like a whisper.

"You don't have to worry about it,dear. I know what I'm doing."

"I'm so glad I called you in the first place. Or else I'll never be freed."

"Right? Hey,kid. Listen,you stay put. But remember this date, 22nd October. You hear that? 22nd."

"Time?"

"2305. Don't forget the five minutes. I'll be waiting at the place."

"Okay,bye."

"Bye,dear. Remember,22nd,2305. And always stay put until the time comes."

"Okay,hyung." Jungkook dropped the phone back on the bed as he glanced at the small calendar on Taehyung's work table. 21st October. Tomorrow would be the day,the day he waited for so long to come.

▪ ▪ ▪

Taehyung hummed happily as he stepped out from his office,as he walked to his car,pulling out his car keys from his pocket.

"Hey."

Taehyung turned around,as his eyes grew wide to see the sight before him. Jimin was standing right in front of him. He was wearing a white tank top and those skinny jeans were hugging his legs tightly. He was still the same Park Jimin that Taehyung knew,the only difference was that smirk on his lips.

"I miss you,Tae."

Taehyung looked down,avoiding Jimin's gaze that would break his walls down.

"Jimin,I have to go."

He was about to enter the car,when Jimin grabbed his hand and pinned him to the car. Their faces were only a few inches away,as Taehyung could see all the imperfections on the latter's face.

"You know that you can't leave like that."

Taehyung wanted to push the boy away,but he knew with only one force,he would hurt him,and he didn't want that to happen. Jimin was so close,as his breath was ghosting Taehyung's face. And in one swift move,Jimin leaned in and pressed his lips on Taehyung's.

It felt like the time stopped when Jungkook's face appeared in Taehyung's mind.

▪ ▪ ▪

Taehyung's eyes fluttered open and he slowly got into sitting position,looking at the sleeping Jungkook beside him. He sighed,as the memory of the kiss played in his mind. He ran his fingers through his mind and he stood up,walking to his working table. He sat on the chair and opened his book. The book was almost full,but he managed to find a blank page to write.

He always wrote entries everyday in the book,about his dreams,his problems,everything. He took out a pen from the drawer and bit on its cap to pull it off.

22nd October,2015

As I look back to the past with him,suddenly he starts to disappear. Maybe he never really existed.

He closed the book as he stood up to go into the shower when someone pulled him and put a piece of cloth over his mouth as he felt dizzy and fell to the ground. Jungkook was the last thing he saw before everything turned black,when he was about to question the sight before him.

Jungkook was smiling.

▪ ▪ ▪

Jungkook gently put the knocked out Taehyung on the chair and tied his hands together with a rope. He examined the purple haired boy,as he decided to tie Taehyung's body to the chair too. The older boy looked so innocent,with his long eyelashes on his closed eyelids,no emotions applied to his lips,and his chest moving up and down,breathing peacefully. Jungkook touched Taehyung's soft cheeks with the tips of his calloused fingers,his eyes bored on his face. He brushed away Taehyung's purple hair from his eyes,as he looked down,slowly pulling his hand away from the boy.

He stood up,looking around the old house that he chose to be the place to work out the plan that would change his fate,his life,his everything. He glanced at the watch around his wrist,2304. He waited,and as the watch ticked to 2305,the door swung open,and a boy walked in. There was a smile on his lips,as his dark brown eyes sparkle in eager,and his cheeks were faint red.

"Kookie." The boy called out as Jungkook grinned.

"Hey,Jimin." Jimin walked to him,as his eyes flickered to the sleeping boy on the chair. "We've waited for so long." Jimin whispered,and Taehyung's eyes fluttered open. "What is this? Wha-why,Jungkook?" Taehyung looked at Jungkook,his eyes were glassy,and Jungkook knew that those eyes would trick him,so the younger boy looked down. "Hey there,Tae. Kookie,maybe you should move away from us a little." Jimin spoke as he looked at the purple haired boy,his lips forming a smirk.

Jungkook stepped away from them and stopped,just enough to see them clearly. He saw their mouths moved,like they were speaking,but he couldn't hear them. And he saw the terrified look on Taehyung's face,but he couldn't find any emotions left in his mind to save Taehyung. As he saw Jimin pulled out a small bottle filled with clear liquid from his jeans' pocket,the memory of his past with Taehyung played in his mind. He remembered,how Taehyung beat his small body,and how he pleaded for him to stop,but he didn't. How Taehyung always came home drunk,and again,kicking him in the stomach,punching his face,leaving bruises on his face,which he covered the next day with tons of makeup,so that his friends wouldn't know.

As Jungkook's eyes met Taehyung's,the memory of how he met Jimin came back to his mind. He was crying beside the dumpster,as the raindrops covered his tears. And Jimin saw him,and he knew Jungkook was crying. When Jimin offered to help,he knew that the older boy was his survivor.

Jungkook watched Jimin screwing the glass bottle's cap off,dumping the liquid into Taehyung's mouth. He saw how Taehyung's body shuddered in pain,as his eyes grew wide,and Jungkook saw he was slowly dying. But the pain Taehyung was feeling would never be as hurt as how Jungkook felt,when his boyfriend he loved so much would beat him,almost to death.

He sighed in relief when Taehyung stopped moving,stopped breathing,his eyes were dead,and his face was still. When Jimin hugged him,he couldn't help but to wrap his arms around Jimin's waist,closing his eyes,as he felt the heavy weight was taken from his shoulders.

 

"So we meet again." He flashed a cheeky smile to the boy in front of him as he took a sip of the red liquid on the table. "I guess it's a success?" The latter spoke,as the brunette put down his glass,smirking along. "100 percent success. He is so easy to fool." He grinned,his eyes formed two crescents.

"Thanks,anyway. So what should we do now?" The brunette fixed his hair and leaned in,his face only a few inches away from the younger's.

"We'll finish him off."

Their eyes met,exchanging looks that they both knew so well.

Jungkook's lips formed a smile as he took the brunette's glass,drinking the red liquid that managed to make him feel slightly dizzy.

"Thank you,Jimin."

 

▪ end ▪