One-Shot Delivery to Helloimqee

♪Beautiful Melody♪ [Status : Discontinuing Until Further Notice]

One shot for: Helloimqee

Story Title: The Unexpected Happy Ending

Character(s): Naeun Apink, Park Hyunki (o/c), Park jinyoung (hyunki's dad)

Mood/Theme: happy & comedy

Written By: 

Most people can say they have both of their parents. Whether it is by divorce and they have 2 sets of parents, or both of their parents are still together. For me, Na Eun, my parents died last week in a fatal car accident caused by a drunk driver. He ran a red light and hit my parents on the drivers side. When I was told, I couldn't handle it. I wanted to run off and die so I could be with them. They gave me life and something. I may not have been the perfect child, I mean what chid is? I just made them proud. That's all they asked for. 

Today was the funeral of my parents. They were cremated so that no one could see all the cuts and burises of how bad they looked. I just sat there and cried. All the close friends and family were there to pay their condolances, it really meant a lot to me. Even my best friend Hyunki and his dad Jinyoung were there. They never knew my parents, but I was really good friends with Hyunki. Hunki and I have been really close ever since I was bullied back in middle school when I moved to Seoul from Incheon. He stopped the bullies from pounding my face in. He was my hero, and he always will be. 

“I have to go live with my grandmother” I told Hyunki as he sat down next to me. 

“Where does she live?” He asked grabbing my hand. 

“Incheon..” I rested my head on his shoulder looking at the two boxes that held the ashes of my parents. 

“Oh..” He sounded sad. 

“Yeah..” A tear ran down my face and I wipped it away. 

“Can't you stay here..?” I could tell he was about to cry. “You can always live with me..” 

I lifted my head and looked at him while shaking my head. 

“I can't.. you know your father would never allow it.” 

Hyunki stood up and walked away, leaving me there alone. After about 20 minutes and about 10 people coming up to me saying how sorry they were about my loss, Hyunki finally came back. He took a seat next to me again as the funeral service began. 

--FF like 3 hours-- 

I was standing outside, shaking everyones hand and thanking them for coming. The last two out, Hyunki and his dad. Hyunki was looking at me smiling, then he gave me a hug. I wanted to ask him why he was so happy, but I really didn't care at the moment. 

“So, NaEun..” Mr. Park started. “Hyunki said that you're gonna be going back to Incheon to live with your grandmother.” 

I nodded. 

“Well, I wont allow that.” He spoke out and I looked at him shocked. 

“Sir, you really don't hae a say.” I told him honestly. 

“I want you to stay with us, and finish out your last year of school.” Hyunki looked at me and smiled. 

“See! I told you that you could stay with us.” Hyunki hugged me. 

“I..” I looked at Hyunki's dad and shook my head. “I would love too, but I have to go stay at with my halmeoni ..” 

“Already talked to her and told her my idea, she's fine with it.” 

I hugged him and said thank you over and over again. I didn't wanna leave right yet. I wanted to stay, be with my friends, be with Hyunki. 

I've always had feelings towards him, just never told him. I've always been like a little sister to him, someone he needs to protect. Him and I together never crossed his mind.  

--FF 2 Weeks-- 

I had just gotten out of school and I was walking home along side with Hyunki. We were walking side-by-side, holding hands. No, we were not together..sadly. To him, holding my hand is like protection. He was always someone everyone looked up to in school, no he wasn't a kingka or anything. Just everyone looked up to him.  

We walked inside his house, took off our shoes, and put on our slippers. We heard some laughing coming from the living room. We quickly looked at each other, shrugged, and walked into where the laughter was coming from. I saw the back of a head from an old person, my guess a woman, and on the other side Hyunki's dad.  

“Ah! Hyunki, Naeun. You're home!” Mr. Park was smiling. “Come sit, please.” 

I took a seat next to Hyunki on the mini couch and looked over at the woman. It was my halmeoni. She looked at me and smiled. I was shocked. She hardly left Incheon to come to Seoul.  

“Halmeoni,” I looked at her in disbelief “what are you doing here?” 

“Well, Mr. Park here, fine young man I must say!” She looked over at him and smiled. “He called me up last weekend and proposed an idea. An idea that I have to say, I like very much.” 

“Appa, what's the idea?” Hyunk asked his dad. 

“That you and NaEun get married.” We looked at each other shocked. “You two are so perfect together and have been nearly insperable since you two met! It makes sence to me.” 

I took a deep breath and looked at halmeoni. “And you're okay with this?” 

“I am fine with it!” She looked at me. “Naeun, sweety, you're becoming a fine young lady. I know, an arranged marriage can be a bad idea, but you and Hyunki, there is just something that you two have that no one has. Chemistry.” 

I looked back over to Hyunki and he was smiling. “I'm in if you are.” He said. I nodded. 

“Alright! It's settled!” Mr. Park clapped. “I will get wedding planners to help out, so you two sit back and leave everything up to me.” 

With that, halmeoni and Mr. Park left the room to go to the kitchen and get some tea and to talk over the wedding some more. I turned my head and looked at the floor. This was just something that I never expected to happen to me. Marriage. So early in my life, so..young. I'm not even out of high school yet.  

I was thinking when I felt something cold grab my hand. I looked over to see Hyunki looking at our hands. He had a smile on his face from ear to ear. I wanted to tell him his hands were cold, but I didn't want to break the silence. I actually enjoyed the quietness between us. It wasn't awkward or anything. It was actually quite comforting. 

“Marriage.” He spoke out. 

I looked up at him to see him looking at me. “Yeah.” 

Hyunki quickly stood up and pulled me up along with him. 

“Come on, follow me” He let go of my hand. 

I followed him to the front door, I saw that he was getting his shoes on so I did the same. He handed me my jacket as he finished putting his on. I quickly put mine on and followed him outside. We were walking down the street and after about 20 minutes, we came across this abandoned park. I smiled to myself and walked up to one of the swings sitting down. 

Hyunki came up behind me and began to push me. It was kind of cold outside, but nothing that him nor I could handle. I closed my eyes as he pushed me, letting me imagine what life would be like married to the man that I loved. I quickly felt the swing come to a halt and a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I put my arms around them and just held them there, while putting my head back resting it on Hyunki's chest. 

I felt Hyunki kiss my cheek and whisper in my ear “Saranghae.” 

I couldn't help but smile and say back “Saranghae.”