Mysterious Legend

The Mystery of the Temple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright sunny afternoon on vacation in a foreign country, what could possibly go wrong? Parking their car, Mingyu smiled at his friend, Wonwoo, as the other stared at the ancient temple they had decided to visit. The younger man snickered when he noticed that his friend seemed nervous.  

Wonwoo was staring at the temple doors, a wary expression on his handsome face. Mingyu patted him on the shoulder, opening his car door. "Dude, this isn't anything to be afraid of, you know? It's just a silly legend, so relax!" Getting out and sticking the car keys in his pocket, he glanced at Wonwoo as he shut the passenger door. 

Mingyu sighed as they climbed the steps to the ancient temple. Once they reached the old door, he nudged Wonwoo forward, still smiling at his skepticism. It had taken him a week to convince his friend to even go with him to visit the temple, and he was glad his hard work had paid off. Stepping up to the door, he wiped a cobweb off of it, taking in the ornate designs on it. Even though it was said to be over five hundred years old, the dark red wood was still intact, withstanding the test of time. 

Wonwoo grinned at him, watching as Mingyu turned the doorknob and pushed it open. As soon as they stepped inside the dimly lit building, they saw a black desk standing in the corridor. It had obviously been built later on, and a stone plaque was inlaid in the wood, with mysterious looking words written on it. Mingyu was still smiling as he squinted in the shadows, blowing dust off of the plaque before reading the inscription. 

 

             ~~~~~~~

The Boy Who Drew Cats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Mysterious Legend

             ~~~~~~~

Several years ago, there lived a farmer who was blessed with several wonderful children. They were all successful in their endeavors, except for the youngest, who was different. He would spend all of his time drawing cats, uninterested in doing anything else with his life. 

Worried, his father sent him to live in a temple, in hopes that the young man would make something of himself and contribute to society. It was to no avail, as the young man sat in the basement and painted cats on the walls, quite proud of his art. 

One day, the elderly priest found the paintings, telling him he should go become a painter instead. The priest sent him on his way with a warning: "Avoid large places at night. Keep to the small." 

Once the young artist left, he decided to not go back home in shame, but instead moved to a different temple.This time, there was no priest to greet him and he took comfort in the solitude of the large building. Moving into the temple, he made himself at home and began painting cats on the walls of this temple, as well.

He worked on them for a several hours, finally satisfied enou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter