I. Prologue - DKLA (Don't Keep Love Around)

Chaos and Calm

(Song: DKLA - Troye Sivan ft Tkay Maidza https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bunU3OwGTQ&list=PLieo0apvqId4ihtjQ0W6E8fPy0V3DeBks&index=6)

 

 

 

 

 

“When we tried it, we were a fire with no smoke.

Rags to riches but I'm addicted to being broken.

Take my breath away, you know I'm bound to choke.

When I close my eyes, I still see your ghost.”

 

 

 

“Wendy.” She hears her call while loosening the grip of her hand. “I’m going to do it today.”

 

 

She doesn’t know how to answer, and she has long forgotten her answer. 

 

 

Not waiting for her response, she slowly walks away, disappearing from Wendy’s vision, fading away with a soft smile on her face. Lingering in Wendy’s mind but there's nothing she could do.

 

 

 

It still hurts. 

 

 

Only if it’s just dreaming.

 

 

But, why does it keep coming back to her?

 

 

 

“Wendy?” This time it is her, whom carries a very different smile. Gently placing her hand on Wendy’s cheek and caressing, she knows the girl is not there with her even she physically is. 

 

 

Wendy feels so sorry as she asks again, “Seungwan-ah, does it still hurt?” “You know I’d never hurt you.” “Are you still thinking of her?”

 

 

Her hand guides her face down and their lips meet, for the countless times. 

 

 

 

The Sun is just up when Wendy finally breaks away from her dreams. As if she can’t tell a dream from reality anymore.

 

 

Her eyes then start to search for her —  ah, there. Right beside her.  

 

 

So Wendy lays back down, and snuggles closer to another bundle of a warm body. 

 

 

 

Knowing the other girl won’t be awakened easily, she still parts her lips and whispers against her skin, trying to remind herself of last night and many other nights before. 

 

 

“Make me forget about her, please.”

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

When Wendy wakes up again, the other girl in the room is already studying her features with an intrigued face. It might look a little bit dumb but it is cute in Wendy’s eyes.

 

 

“Hey, good morning.”

 

 

 

“It’s rare for you to sleep more than me.” She laughs as she fiddles with Wendy’s locks with her slender fingers.

 

 

“I need my beauty sleep too.” In return, Wendy brings hers to the girl’s nose bridge, carefully tracing it to her lips and chin.

 

 

 

“Hm.” Her dark orbs have never left the pale, delicate tip of Wendy’s finger. When it reaches her lips, her body tightens and stiffens with the touch that she should be familiar with for a lone time.

 

 

Wendy chuckles at the adorable reaction and pulls her in for a kiss.

 

 

 

“Play it back and press rewind,

To when you traced your fingers, drew my spine.

Lost it's beat and so I find,

Starve my heart of touch and time.”

 

 

 

Today should be a good day for Wendy, as she doesn’t need to go to work and so does her girlfriend.

 

 

So they don’t leave the bed until it’s almost noon.  

 

 

 

It has been two years and they are seeing each other less frequently. But it’s okay, as long as they still love each other. 

 

 

And Wendy is grateful that she is willing to take her and her broken little pieces into her loving arms. 

 

 

Even if she’s that broken.

 

 

 

Wendy can’t say she’s completely over her past, but they’re slowly getting there.

 

 

She always admit that she is weak, she needs someone strong, someone to hold and love her. 

 

 

 

Her girlfriend is currently out to get some food for them both. While herself, counting how many pieces yet to be remolded back to her maybe.

 

 

She is listening to the clicking of the clock, the honking of the cars, the chirping of the traffic lights. 

 

 

Trying to find peace within the chaos. Waiting for her to come back and calm her once again.

 

 

Just because her mind would explode and roam to places that it shouldn’t go ever again whenever it’s free. It cannot be freed.

 

 

 

A chime of her doorbell disrupts her counting. 

 

 

Thinking it must be her clumsy girlfriend returning for some random forgotten items, she drags her feet to open the door, ready to greet her calm.

 

 

 

However, it is chaos standing in front of her as the door is flung open.

 

 

“… Wendy, it’s me.”

 

 

 

“Distance makes the heart grow fonder’,

Said by someone stronger than me.

So what do I do now ?” 

I don't keep love around, love around anymore.”

 

 

 

Wendy is left wide-eyed, contemplating whether she should just close the door on the chaos’s face.

 

 

“Why?” It’s all that come out from . 

 

 

 

“Can we talk?” The girl, who is slightly taller than Wendy, overpowers and sublimes the latter in every way.

 

 

“Can I say no?” Wendy’s mind then flies to a distant past. “I don’t think we have anything left to talk about.”

 

 

 

“Seung- Wendy please.” 

 

 

“How did you find me? And why?”

 

 

 

“Because I want to.” Her voice is full of sincerity and Wendy thinks it’s dangerous.

 

 

“Irene.” She daren’t to stare straight into her eyes. There is just too much going on in her mind again. “Can you please just leave?”

 

 

 

The expression on the brunette named Irene is softened with Wendy’s desperate plea, although she’s still staring at the shorter girl with her intense gazes, as if she is trying to remember her every feature, as if she hasn’t seen her for centuries.

 

 

“I know you’re with Seulgi now.”

 

 

 

Wendy’s head shoots up with the mention of the particular name, “Then why are you here?”

 

 

Irene lifts another dangerous smile, “Because I don’t care.”

 

 

 

They look at each other for a while. And Wendy can feel something collapsing upon her.

 

 

Yet, she can’t recall how exactly Irene left eventually and how Seulgi returned home soon after.

 

 

 

Her body is going to be torn apart by her mind sooner or later. 

 

 

She just knows they both gave her a smile and their smiles are different  yes, very different.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Oh, poor (lucky) Wendy lol

And wtf I am updating so frequently all the sudden......

 

Heads up for you guys - there are quite a lot of drama in this.

Plus I still haven't decided the ending yet.

Let's see how it goes.

 

See you soon.

xo