Zico's and GD's POV

See You On The Outside

[ZICO'S POV]

Jiho realized that the old storehouse was in fact an old production hall the moment he entered. Huge dusty tanks lined up alongside the walls. They were connected by conveyor belts. He slid behind a tank when he heard the man approaching from the right. Jiho glimpsed around an old-fashioned console which was attached to the tank.

The kidnapper still dragged Jiyong along, muttering under his breath, but too silently for Jiho to understand. Was he whispering to himself or threatening Jiyong? Jiho couldn't tell, but it made him worry more for Jiyong. If the guy was crazy, he was an immanent threat.

Jiho let them pass by, then followed, crouching behind the conveyors. He payed attention to stay close behind the kidnapper. He was racking his brains over what to do now – he was less than five metres away from Jiyong and the guy with the gun. But that was still too far to try to disarm him. Let alone Jiho had no idea how to disarm someone with a gun.

Too dangerous...

Anxiously, he followed as quiet as possible alongside the kidnapper, when the guy suddenly stopped. They were about halfway through the hall.

“Stop, don't move, police!”

Jiho realized that someone must have entered the hall from the entrance on the backside.

The big dirty windows opposite to the tanks Jiho was hiding behind let enough light pass through to see the kidnappers desperate, yet crazy expression. Jiho heard faint steps from the other end of the hall.

“Don't come near or I shoot him right away!”, the kidnapper yelled and firmly pressed the barrel to Jiyong's head. Jiho could see terror in Jiyong's eyes and felt his own heart leap. He knew the man was crazy and had nothing to loose. He would shoot Jiyong. There were police behind him and at least one officer in front of him – it was over, he couldn't escape anymore.

The man's hands were shaking, yet he didn't loosen his grip on Jiyong, who had closed his eyes. He was holding so still as if he had already given up and only waited for the kidnapper to pull the trigger.

“Just because of you!”, the man hissed at Jiyong. “You caused us enough trouble! I could be leaving the country right now!”

His fingers around the gun twitched.

“Stop!”, Jiho screamed, jumped up out of his cover and ran towards the two.

The kidnapper flinched, then spun towards Jiho.

Jiyong caught Jiho's eyes and stared at him in utter surprise.

The same moment, Jiho heard an ear deafening bang and felt tackled by something small. He lost his balance and tripped, Jiyong's eyes wide with terror were the last thing he saw before the world turned over.

Then he hit the ground, only a few steps away from the kidnapper and Jiyong.

Surprisingly, it didn't hurt very much. Jiho rolled onto his back and pressed his hands on his stomach where the small thing had tackled him.

Another shot.

Jiho knew it was in the storehouse, right next to him, but it sounded strangely far away. Maybe the police...?

He lift his hands. They were dripping with blood.

“.”, he said.

Then Jiyong was at his side.

 

[GD'S POV]

 

Jiyong squeezed his eyes shut when he realized the man would shoot him on the spot for whatever desperate reason. When he heard Jiho's voice, he turned his head. Seeing the younger run towards him sent a lot of different emotions through his body within the blink of an eye:

Relief to see Jiho alive, now knowing for sure the kidnappers had lied before.

Joy and hope because Jiho had kept his promise - he was here, and the police was also and now he bought Jiyong precious seconds.

Shock to see Jiho in a dangerous situation like this and fear because Jiyong knew the mad kidnapper wouldn't stop and stare.

He was right.

The man immediately rose the gun and before Jiyong could do anything more than look at Jiho in horror, he shot.

The bullet hit Jiho in the stomach.

Without thinking, Jiyong jumped up, his body moving on his own and he rushed over to Jiho.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the officer who had appeared at the end of the hall, he heard a distant shout and another shot, the kidnapper crying out and something dropping to the floor. But all of this was secondary now.

Jiho had his hands covered in blood from the wound in his stomach. The blood quickly soaked through his clothes.

"Hey, Zico, hold on, okay?"

Jiyong pulled the scarf from his neck as good as he could with his broken hands. He cursed to relieve the pain from moving his hands and because he was annoyed about being so slow. He dropped the cloth onto Jiho's wound and tried to stop the bleeding by pressing in the wound with an elbow. His hands were rather useless. When he saw Jiho's face twist in pain he hesitated, but he knew the younger would die if he didn't stop the blood flow. Jiho cried out and flinched, but didn't try to stop him.

"Hey, Ji." Jiho touched his wrist and smiled weakly. "It's okay, I only feel a bit dizzy. Let's wait for the ambulance, ok?"

Jiyong noticed the police officer kneeling down next to him, folding his uniform's sturdy jacket and shoving it under Jiho's back.

"I called an ambulance, though they'll need some time to get here. We need to stop the bleeding." When the man noticed Jiyong's hands were broken he took over with pressing on the wound.

Jiyong glanced over to the kidnapper. He was laying with his back to them, bound, without the gun and a small trace if blood next to him.

"Don't worry about that guy!" The officer said and Jiyong looked back at Jiho.

He felt Jiho's hand tugging on his sleeve and looked at him.

“They broke your hands, didn't they, Hyung?”

Jiyong nodded. “Don't talk, Zico, you'll worsen the bleeding.”

Suddenly the poor state of his own body seemed to unimportant, so banal.

Jiho gently grabbed his wrist and Jiyong delicately laid his other hand on top of the two hands.

“Bastards...” Jiho mumbled and stared at the ceiling for a few seconds.

The stench of metal stung in Jiyong's nose and when he looked at Jiho's blood soaked hands clinging to his arm, he felt sick.

Jiho seemed to get paler with every flat breath he took.

He looked back at Jiyong, fear in his eyes.

“Ji, I feel dizzy.”, he whispered and Jiyong hushed him by gently pulling away a strand of hair that sticked to Jiho's face. Jiyong shuddered and glimpsed at the officer next to him. The bloodflow seemed to have stopped. Still, there was so much blood on the floor... Jiyong was surprised he hadn't fainted yet. Probably the adrenaline that still rushed through his veins kept him from collapsing.

Jiho still clutched to Jiyongs wrist, fingers slowly growing colder and stared at him in pain.

Jiyong couldn't hold his gaze the whole time as the situation was too intense and he felt his eyes stinging with tears. The scarf was hopelessly soaked with blood and the officer continued pressing the wound with a new piece of cloth he got from wherever.

"Ji.", Jiho mumbled and made Jiyong look at him by shortly strengthening his grip around Jiyongs wrist. "You'll remember your promise?"

"Don't talk, Zico, please."

"My mom..." Jiho's breathing ceased and his eyelids fluttered.

Jiyong's heart skipped a beat. He soundly patted Jiho's cheek, close to panicking.

"Hey, Zico, stay awake! The doctors will be here soon!"

Block B's leader looked at him teary-eyed and pressed his wrist once more.

Then he closed his eyes.

“Hey, listen! Jiho! Don't fall asleep! Jiho! Idiot!”

Jiyong heard a siren in the distance.