GD's POV

See You On The Outside

 

Jiyong watched the room spin on his mobile's screen. He wondered when they could go on stage. He stopped spinning in his chair for a second. Maybe he should go over to Taeyang's room, pay him a visit?

He spun a second time. His mobile's camera had an interesting motion blur.

Boring.

There was a distant crash somewhere in the building.

Jiyong tried to remember the other groups that were to perform this evening. If he remembered right, 2NE1 was on stage right now...

A third spin.

He couldn't even watch them as Big Bang were next and he had to stay ready. In his small preparation room.

"Boring boring boooring.", he sung when suddenly the lights went out.

He stopped, furrowing his brows and glancing towards the ceiling.

“A blackout?” Jiyong got up. Maybe it was only his room? No, he couldn't see any light in the hallway shining through the slit under the door. The only remaining light-source was the emergency-exit lamp, casting an eerie glow into the room.

He would go over to Taeyang, see if his room was also-

He was halfway through the room when the door burst open and Jiyong found himself eye to eye with a masked man pointing a big gun at him.The gun-wielding silhouette looked threatening in the dim light.

"Hands up!", the man shouted and Jiyong immediately obeyed, completely caught off guard.

“Drop your phone.” Jiyong hesitated. Utter disbelief made him stare at the man and wonder if this was the worst joke ever or indeed some kind of terrorist-act. His circling thoughts came to an end when the man loaded the gun and Jiyong broke into cold sweat.

“I told you to drop it.”

Reluctantly, he opened his hand and felt sorry for the phone when it dropped to the floor. He was aware that without it, he wouldn't be able to call for help anymore.

This had to be a bad dream. If he was shot now, there would be so many things he didn't manage to do in his life. So many people he would've liked to say goodbye to before leaving this world. A part of him was sure he would wake up any second.

"Get your a s s over here!", the man ordered and slowly, Jiyong stepped towards him.

The man stabbed the barrel into Jiyong's back and pushed him out of the room, down the hall, only the green emergeny-exit signs lighting their way. There was a ghostly silence around and nobody he could call for help, Taeyang's room was the next one – behind the corner, the opposite direction of where they were heading. As if he had read his mind, the man hissed "Scream and you'll be dead in an instant!"

Jiyong daren't make any sound but prayed for someone – anyone – to just happen to come into this part of the building.

The man ordered him to "speed the up". Jiyong wondered whether the blackout really was a coincidence.

Where were his band members, the other idols, the whole bunch of people running this building and the show? He remembered that Big Bang's dressing rooms had been changed shortly before their arrival. Earlier, their rooms had been located closer to the stage, the ones they had been assigned in the end laid in the outer areas of the building. It was probably really due to some organization-issue, but with his heart racing in his chest, Jiyong found it hard to believe in things to happen randomly.

When the man pressed him into a jog he stumbled forward.

A minute later, they left through an emergency exit that clearly had been broken open. The cool evening air outside was not the main reason why chills were running down Jiyong's spine. A transporter of a furniture company was waiting behind the building in the fading light and they headed towards it. So this really was a kidnapping...

Noises from the right announced a group of people approaching, but Jiyong should've known better than turning his head - it got him a painful sting with the barrel. He had seen enough, though: Three more kidnappers running towards the transporter, one with a gun, the other two dragging along another hostage who was barely able to walk.

His heart cringed with worry.

He was violently pushed into the truck and stumbled ahead in the darkness before catching his step. He quickly turned around to see what happened next. The other person was thrown at him. Jiyong tried to catch them by reflex but his attempt only resulted in both of them crashing to the ground, the other's weight pressing the air out of his lungs.

Jiyong gasped for air and managed to crawl out under the body and take a look at his companion before the kidnappers closed and locked the doors. Lying in Jiyong's lap, staring expressionless towards the ceiling was Zico, Block B's leader.

Then complete darkness fell upon Jiyong and his comrade in suffering.

 

 

Carefully, Jiyong ran his fingers over Jiho's head and forehead. He felt moisture right over the left ear.

"Poor you, they struck you, didn't they?"

Jiyong whispered and felt for the younger rapper's pulse.

"...spinnin' round...“, Jiho slurred.

The transporter came to life with a roaring sound and they started to drive off with considerable speed.

Jiho moaned. "God, turn off that noise!“

Jiyong hoped Jiho would recover by himself, he wouldn't be able to do much for him if he didn't. But at least, the other was breathing softly and his pulse seemed ok. Not that Jiyong had much skill in medical examinations but that seemed reassuring enough. He put off his jacket and carefully layed it under Jiho's head before getting up. He had to cling to the wall to not loose his balance.

If he was right, he had caught a glimpse on a few wooden boxes when they had thrown him inside the truck. Automatically he reached for his phone, then remembered he didn't have it anymore. He cursed under his breath. Searching for Jiho's phone probably wasn't any good either, but Jiyong crawled back to him anyway, just to make sure.

He sighed when all he could find in Jiho's vast pockets was a small lighter, almost empty. Of course - if they had had to knock Jiho out, they had probably searched him right away.

"What're doin'?“ Block B's leader tried to cover his ears and moaned faintly when the truck suddenly turned sharply to the left. He didn't manage to lift his arms towards his head, though.

"Ssshhh, it's alright. You probably have a concussion. I was just looking for your phone." Jiyong gently touched his shoulder. No answer, just another moan.

With the lighter in his pocket, Jiyong made his way back through the darkness towards the boxes, then lit a flame.

The swaying warm radius of light fell onto the boxes which were disappointingly small.

Jiyong opened them anyway. They contained aromatic candles.

"We'll have some light at least!" Jiyong said over his shoulder, trying to sound cheerful, to cover his own fear.

He lit a candle, squinting his eyes when he looked into the flame. He waited until the wax started to drop, then he placed a few droplets on the truck's floor and fixed some candles in them before lighting them. At least now you could see your own hands in front of your eyes in the shipping space. Just when Jiyong finished with the last small candle, Jiho started moving.