Any Room For Dessert?

Check, Please!

I am terribly sorry. Please enjoy..I hope c: The final chapter will be here tomorrow early!

 

They had gone to dinner and even lunch quite often over the course of the previous weeks. But Luhan knew that after tonight's dinner, something big was definitely going to go down. He could feel it in his bones just like how some people could feel cold weather coming. Sehun was the arthritis to his aching bones.

He just wasn't sure what. But that should have been the furthest thing from his mind right now because he was in the middle of a test. Crap, he doodled on the margins of his paper again...He couldn't help but have his mind drift to Sehun. Especially after what had happened a few days ago. At first, he had felt extremely embarrassed. But Sehun had taken it well. It really made Luhan's heart skip an extra beat, more than it had before the incident. Pretty soon, he was sure he wouldn't have a heart with all of the stress it was under recently..

 

"I didn't know you liked anime so much. I would have brought you to a bookstore sooner." If he would have known Luhan's face would light up like that at the sight of his current favorite manga- Tokyo Ghoul- Sehun gladly would have brought him in.  Luhan began to gush over his anime crush, Kaneki, and Sehun felt childish by the small amount of jealousy that bubbled in his chest. But then he did a double take and realized, ‘wasn’t my hair close to that shade of silver almost white one time?’ So he satisfied himself with the theory he created in his mind that Luhan was only attracted to Kaneki because it reminded him of Sehun. But Luhan didn’t know him at the time his hair was dyed that shade...well it wouldn’t hurt to pretend.

 

Strolling a bit aways, Sehun found an aisle filled with cute trinkets resembling various anime characters. He sorted through Bleach game cards and Death Note miniature notebooks. After becoming bored for there was nothing that called out to him, he passed his hands through the stacks one last time, accidentally knocking over some plush figurines. And there it was. The cutest deer doll. A perfect gift for the cutest guy in his life.

 

Hiding it under his arm, he walked back over to Luhan who was nearly finished choosing which mangas he wanted. Moving along to the checkout counter, he kept Luhan entertained by asking him to choose which candies he wanted. While Luhan was focused on the counter of sweets, Sehun slipped the bear onto the counter and it was quickly bagged along with the rest of their items before Luhan had a chance to see.

 

Trying to reach into his pocket for his wallet, Luhan felt his hand being held before he was able to even reach the pocket’s edge. Sehun swiftly pulled out the bills and handed them to the cashier. Taking the bags and ushering Luhan outside, they made their way to Sehun’s black Audi, the only stylish car amidst the mass of beaten up Volkswagens and standard family cars. They were in a less stylish district in town after all. But it was nice to be away from the busy hussle of upper class city life; to trade in the blinding neon lights for warm rays of sun.

 

“Oh, will you look at that? There’s a stow-a-way…” Sehun said, trying his best to hide his small smile.

 

Luhan cocked his head to the side in such a cute manner Sehun wasn’t sure how anyone as cute as Luhan could possibly get cuter. He also thought he needed new synonyms for the word cute. But who needs synonyms when Luhan was the actual definition of the word therefore, it seemed more than right to constantly refer to him this way...the word would never be overused on someone that was the embodiment of it.

 

“Stow-a-way? Like a bug?” Luhan asked, clearly confused as to what Sehun was trying to get at.

 

“Hmmm...more like a deer of sorts.”

 

Before Luhan could become more confused, Sehun pulled the deer boy out of the bag. Luhan’s eyes lit up in delight before his small hands reached to take the deer disguised boy out of Sehun’s grasp.

 

“How adorable!!” Luhan squeezed the plush, its deer antler hoodie wrinkling up in the process.

 

“Actually...I found something too..a while back. I just wasn’t sure when to give it to you.” Sehun was pleasantly surprised that Luhan had gotten something for him as well. He was excited to see what it could be.

 

“It’s in my backpack back at my house. I can get it to you later.”

 

“There’s no problem. I’m dropping you off anyways remember.”

 

Sehun received a flustered noise in response as Luhan had most likely forgot or assumed he would take the city bus back home. As if Sehun would ever let him ride that ert filled excuse of transportation when his perfect could be comfy as it should perched upon his heated passenger seat.

 

The ride to Luhan’s home wasn’t long. Insisting on helping Sehun with the bags, they eventually made it to Luhan’s front porch after much insisting. Empty handed, Luhan fumbled with his keys to open the door.

 

Finally busting inside, Luhan raced to his room to retrieve his backpack and Sehun’s gift that was inside.

 

Out of breath, Luhan made it back to Sehun who had moved to the kitchen in record time. Some of his hair had began to stick to his forehead from the small sweat he built up whilst running. Sehun chuckled finding the flushed cheeks and parted breathless lips more than endearing.

 

“Please enjoy.”

 

And soon he found a small plush, no bigger than the one he gave Luhan earlier, into his awaiting hands.

 

“This is...precious. Just like you.” Luhan had gifted him a kitty plush. Little black ears and an unamused expression decorated the face. It reminded him of himself almost.

 

“How about we trade? I really love this gift, but I think it would be better if I was reminded of you and you were reminded of me.” Luhan had noticed the similarities between Sehun and the plush he bought. And he couldn’t fight the long established concept of him being a deer.

 

Luhan traded with Sehun happily, promising to keep the kitten on his bed.

 

And ruining their fluffy moment was MInseok ringing the doorbell of Luhan’s house.

 

Luhan would have gladly let him stay there until he left, but then too late he realized Minseok had a spare key. He entered his house, shouting at the top of his lungs as if he owned the place. Luhan had never felt more petrified.



 

“Yo Luhan? Aunty told me to drop by. She said something about you being red all the time? She thinks you’re coming down with a sickness but I told her not to worry I’d bring you medicine. I brought you some Rilakkuma condoms because I want you to be safe but I know you like to keep it kawaii desu. I figure the change in your color is because of Sehun or should I say Daddy? Luhan I know you’re here. Answer m- oh….ummm….this is a nice paint job Luhan. When did Aunty refurbish this part of the house...ehe….”

 

Minseok knew he was done for with the glares Luhan was sending him. Backing away slowly, he made a quick excuse to leave the awkward atmosphere behind.

 

“I forgot...I got to feed my shrimp. Bye.”

 

And Minseok was out of the door in record speed.

 

“So...Daddy huh?”

 

“Minseok...he was just-he’s just-” Luhan flailed his arms around in an attempt to explain why it was Minseok that way. If only his phone hadn’t glitched.

 

“It’s alright Lu~ It has a nice ring to it, don’t you think...baby?”



 

“Luhan, are you going to turn your test in or are you going to sit there drooling on it for the next three years?” His professor snapped at him.

 

He needed help. He was in too deep.

 

“Oh , what am I gonna wear?”

 

“Wear your tidy whities for all I care. Your test Mr. Han!”

 

.- - - - - - - - - - -


 

The dinner date was passing smoothly. Luhan had employed the help of Yixing for a suitable outfit. Or really, it was more like Yixing intruded his way into Luhan’s home and insisted on helping him because according to everyone, Luhan has the fashion sense of a blind walrus. Luhan wasn’t sure how offended he should be.

 

Minseok had sent him a fighting text right before Sehun was off to pick him up. He told him to off before feeling bad and sending a cute kissy emoji.

 

Everything really had been going so smoothly. It was scaring Luhan.

 

And when he saw Seohyun rounding the corner, he knew why.

 

“We should take this route Sehun. It’s faster.” Luhan tried to urge Sehun to turn back or anywhere away from that horrid girl.

 

“Oh hey Luhan, nice seeing you here!” Too late.

 

“Seohyun.”

 

“This must be your boyfriend! I’ve heard so much about you.” Luhan squinted. What game was she playing at?

 

“You met at a bakery right? That’s so sweet!” Seohyun kept up her fake kindness. She wasn’t sure if she even liked Luhan anymore, but he had embarrassed her in front of a large amount of the student body. She would get her pay back.

 

“Well, we actually met through a dating app. Our first date was at a bakery.” Sehun corrected, wondering if maybe Luhan was embarrassed by the form of which they met.

 

“Oh, he didn’t mention that. You shouldn’t be embarrassed of where you met your boyfriend Luhan! He’s so hot.” Luhan was squinting so much he was sure he’d pop a vein in his eye if he kept it up.

 

And with that line, Sehun realized, maybe Luhan was embarrassed that they had met through a dating app. Maybe he thought it was more suitable for older people to meet that way but for a young person such as himself, it was unacceptable and not part of the social norm. He looked at the deer boy next to him and thought, I don’t really know much about you do I?

“We got to go Seohyun. It’s late. Take care.” With that, Luhan grabbed Sehun’s hand once again and dragged him away.

 

“Luhan, what’s your favorite color?” Luhan found the sudden curiosity regarding his love for a color odd but decided to amuse Sehun, assuming the other was making small talk after the odd encounter.

 

“I’d have to say it’s...white.”

 

Buoxian: Oh that’s easy! I love red!

 

“I know how much you love jajjangmyeon. What’s your most favorite food though?”

 

“Hmm...anything really spicy! But I absolutely love Chinese Hot Pot.”

 

Buoxian: I love food in general. I’ll never get tired of fried chicken though! Yum! C:

 

Sehun was about to ask him if he liked sports when he remembered Luhan lived for soccer. But…

 

Buoxian: Eh not really. I prefer to eat. That’s my exercise. There’s too many good foods in the world to waste time on sports.

 

Putting two and two together, Sehun realized…

 

Luhan wasn’t Buoxian.

 

He had lied to him.



 

Sehun drove Luhan back home, the car engulfed in an uncomfortable silence. He wasn’t going to confront Luhan about it. He wanted Luhan to confess to it himself. That he had led Sehun on, lied to him, pretended to be someone he wasn’t.

 

But was there really much harm...if any? Technically, you’ve got to know him these past few weeks. Don’t lie to yourself. You wouldn’t have given Buoxian the time of day. When Luhan turned to look at your direction that day, all traces of Buoxian left your mind. Sure, he lied. But was there really much harm in it? Perhaps he has his reasons.

 

It’s still no excuse. He lied and that’s that.

 

Sehun, being the stubborn man he was continued to brood in silence. But he was still a gentleman and so he opened Luhan’s car door and led him to his front porch.

 

“Thanks for today Sehunnie. It was very nice.”

 

“Your welcome..”

 

With that Sehun left, leaving Luhan feeling scared that he had done something wrong.

 

  • - - - - - - - - -


 

“So how’s your boyfriend these days? He’s super cute!” Baekhyun asked Sehun at work.

 

“He’s fine.”

 

“What kind of halfassed answer is that?”

 

“It’s an answer is it not?”

 

“Are you having a lover’s quarrel?” Baekhyun wiggled his brows.

 

“Why do you care?”

 

“Gosh, just asking. Why are you so prissy?”

 

“Baekhyun, one of your clients is ready for you.”

 

With a sad glance in his direction, Baekhyun left the room.

 

But Sehun’s door was open and he heard it clearly.


 

“Thanks for meeting with me so soon Buoxian! I really need help with this deal.”

 

“It’s fine! Happy to help.”

 

“What a lifesaver. I told you you could trust in this boy.”

 

“Buoxian, I’m looking forward to working with you!.”



 

It dawned on him.

 

It was Baekhyun’s dating app.

 

Baekhyun was most definitely Buoxian.

 

Baekhyun had played him. For what? Because he didn’t help him on his stupid company project?

 

It had been days and he’d been ignoring Luhan’s calls.

 

So Luhan was just a pawn in all of this, just like he was.

 

As much as he wanted to be angry with Baekhyun for doing this to him and making his love life more complicated than ever….

 

He had to say…

 

This attempt at matchmaking him,,,although not intentionally worked out splendid.



 

He just had to explain to Luhan and get Luhan to explain in return.


 

Should be simple right?


 

And it would have been if Junmyeon’s boyfriend hadn’t given him the stink eye and thrown a stuffed cat in his direction, hitting him squarely on the nose.

 

“Yixing! I’m so sorry Sehun I don’t know-”

 

“You should be the one apologizing and to Luhan. Now I see why he referred to you as the silver haired bumbling idiot!”

 

Sehun widened his eyes...

 

Shocked at Yixing’s words or at the plush he had exchanged with Luhan now resting his in hands…

 

He wasn’t sure.

 

  • - - - - - - -