Want Any Fries With That Shake??

Check, Please!

For this chapter, assume puberty struck the living daylights out of Luhan. 

 

 

 

It wasn't like Sehun to be the overly dreamy type, but all day the image of Buo Xian his mind created based on Buo Xian's description wouldn't leave his mind.

 

He had sounded like such a cutie, even if the description was a little half-assed. But then again, Sehun's own description of himself wasn't any better. He stated his height and the color of his hair and eyes and he doubted that Buo Xian was able to conjure an image. Anyone else would have mentioned how he had recently dyed his hair; the bottom was thinner and remained black while the top portion of his hair was now blonde and almost always tousled and spiked up which left his shapely eyebrows and expressive brown eyes clear to see. His jaw, sharp yet with a subtle smoothness, was a contradiction. His lips modestly plump were the lightest shade of pink. His skin held a good touch of healthy coloring and his body was toned with lean muscle which fit his 5'11" height. But Sehun wasn't one to notice the effect he had on others when there was the slightest change to his appearance and therefore, it made sense that he would describe himself in the simplest way.

On the other end of the spectrum, in Baekhyun's defence, he wasn't a creative writer and he wasn't writing about himself. Had he been describing himself...well, he'd have a vast way of explaining his utter beauty. Nonetheless, it wasn't him who he wanted to describe but someone who was supposed to be the Buo Xian Sehun was speaking to. While he was contemplating his dilemma, he had caught sight of Yixing walking to Joonmyeon's office when he saw that another boy was with him. Immediately, Baekhyun recognized the boy as Luhan, one of his favorite client's son. He was rather quiet, just sitting in when his mother and Baekhyun held their meetings. Occasionally, he would offer some input and Baekhyun had to admit that he was rather smart and the boy was beyond pretty. Baekhyun had to admit that his beauty well near matched his own, which was a first, and therefore, he knew that Luhan would be his muse and he hadn't realized just how much of a muse to him Luhan had actually been. He wasn't sure how the boy was nineteen and in college; he looked seven. Quickly, before the words in his mind would leave or falter, Baekhyun typed out what he thought was an accurate description of the beauty that was Lu Han.

Buo Xian: I have light brown almost blonde hair and brown eyes. People say they look like deer eyes. I'm on the pale side and I'd say I'm like a slim athletic build. I'm roughly 5'9".

What Baekhyun really wanted to say was that Luhan was cutest thing. From his slightly wavy hair to those ever sparkling eyes of his right down to his pretty button nose and his m-shaped coral pink lips. When he thought about it, Luhan's cuteness paired well with Sehun's more mature look, when he wasn't being a dork that is, and he dare say they would look extremely good together. He regretted that those two would never meet each other. Maybe he could introduce them and then Sehun would forget about Buo Xian and he would have helped his dear friend in the end either way. Baekhyun knew there was a reason he called himself a genius. He'd just have to talk to Luhan about it the next time he came in for a meeting with his mom. Which sadly wasn't until next month. He guesses he'll just need to endure with the charade until then or break it to Sehun that it had been him all along. Sehun had been a great friend to him throughout the years so he decides on the best option when Sehun messages him again.

 

Sehun: Let's meet at the Red Velvet Bakery downtown tomorrow since it's the start of the weekend. Is that okay with you?

Buo Xian: That's great. I'll be there at one.

 

Sehun couldn't call it love or even like, but he did want to meet the person who had managed to hold conversations with him for weeks now.

 

Little did he know that it was the person he had held conversations with most of his adult life.

 

Little did Baekhyun know, his charade was no longer going to be as simple to finish as he initially thought.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

"Don't forget to go over the lecture notes. That's all."

Luhan stuffed his books into his bag, the material stretching at the corners at his insistense. It was the one class he had to take on a Saturday, but it finished early so that was good news. He had to hurry if he didn't want her to come talk to him again. Also happy hour was starting at the bakery soon. He could already smell the coffee and taste his sweet, delicious taro pie. Slinging the bag over his shoulders, he managed to make his way out of the classroom undetected. Once he reached the hallway, it was another story. He exhaled heavily at the girl sashaying her way over to him.

"Hi Luhan."

"Hello." And as soon as the o was out of he mouth, he was already turned and ready to dart the other direction before she caught his arm in his haste.

"I heard the bakery you like has a happy hour..Did you want to go with me?"

"I'm sorry Seohyun, but for the last time...no." At first, he had felt horrible rejecting the, what he once thought, sweet girl's confession. But after learning about her true bullying and arrogant behavior, he didn't feel bad anymore. He had to commend her for her determination, however annoying it was. 

"Why not? It's not like you have a girlfriend and I think we would go so great with each other. I know I'm your type; long hair, pale skin, big eyes." She brushed her hair off her shoulder as she widened her eyes a smidge. Luhan resisited the urge to roll his eyes. Tao was at it again, spreading whatever rumor he felt needed to be spread when he felt he suffered injustice. This was probably because of the time Luhan had told him no matter how much he begged, the English instructor Kris Wu was not going to "lather his body in maple syrup" and that he wouldn't take being called a "Canadian " lightly. 

"You're right. I don't have a girlfriend."

"I knew it! So let's go."

"Ah ah. I didn't say anything about not having a boyfriend." She released his arm with a sneer.

"You're lying. You can't be gay."

"And who are you to not allow me to? I've got a boyfriend; deal with it."

"You're just making this up as an excuse."

And at that moment, Tao chose to walk bye shouting "it's true; he lives for !! That's his motto." Luhan sighed in exasperation.

"Are you going to stop now? My boyfriend wouldn't like how you've been constantly asking me out." Luhan was relying on his manga knowledge to build up his fake boyfriend.

"It's that little chubby guy isn't it? Or the stupid, airheaded one?" Now that was too far.

"One, they have names; Minseok and Yixing. Get it correct. Two, work harder to get at their level before you rudely judge them. Three, just because your rich daddy owns a fourth of Gangnam Boulevard don't mean anything because let's face it; you're just another spoiled girl who lives off her parent's money and expects everything to be handed to her on a silver platter, even people. It doesn't work like that." And if this was any movie, the students around would have clapped as the mean rich girl finally got it handed to her. But alas, everyone only stared and whispered, cheering inwardly for Luhan.

"I still don't believe you."

"That's your problem. I'm going to be at the bakery. See if you believe me then."

And with that, Luhan was off.

 

Halfway to the shop, he remembered that he didn't actually have a boyfriend. He didn't want to ask Minseok becasue he would surely think he was just joking and not want to get away from his Skype session with some person named Jongdae that he had been talking to for a while now. He'd ask Yixing to help, but the thought sent shivers down his spine. Yixing was most definitely his brother. No way he'd want to ask the person he was practically raised with to be his pretend boyfriend. He'd just figure it out when he got there. Stupid Seohyun putting him in these kinds of situations.

 

He walked the few blocks it took to get to the bakery, earphones plugged in and music flowing through his ears. Walking into the bakery, his nose hit by the wonderful smell, he fails to hear the person calling out for him with a different name than his own.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

Sehun had arrived at the bakery a few minutes early. He didn't work on the weekends and he most certainly did not have anything better to do. He had fed and bathe Pinku in the morning and even then he had a big allotment of time. He spent it bathing himself and putting some effort in dressing up a bit. He didn't want to wear a graphic tee, which he had plenty of, but he didn't want to wear a full blown suit either. So, in the end, he settled for a black button up collared shirt, the sleeves rolled 3/4 of the way. He left the first button undone so as not to appear stuffy, the collar slightly splayed out against the tops of his shoulders. He definitely was not going to wear slacks, so he paired the top with some gray pants, deciding to leave the top untucked because damn did these pants fit him tighter than he remembered. They didn't cut off his circulation so he couldn't complain. Plus, he thought he actually looked good. Having left his hair for last, he simply brushed it then ran his fingers along the top and through his bangs with some gel so that they could stay out of his face. Patting himself on the back for a good job done, he slipped on his shoes and he was ready to go.

 

He loved this bakery. He had been there before for their delicious bubble tea, which he was a er for. He hoped Buo Xian liked it as well.

Glancing up to give his order to the waitress that had visited his table near the corner, his eyes caught sight of a small male who had walked into the shoppe. 

 

There standing a few feet away from him was a boy he'd say was roughly 5'9". His hair a light, toasty brown tousled in waves that brought attention to his lovely face. His side profile was already so pretty; Sehun could only imagine how much prettier his whole being was. The slope of his nose and the curve of his plump lips to his smooth chin. 

 

There was something familiar about the boy. He hoped that this was Buo Xian, but if it wasn't he was not ashamed to say that he was willing to find out who he was.

 

"Buo Xian." He called his name.

And yet the boy didn't turn.

 

Figuring he couldn't hear because of his earphones, Sehun stood up to go retrieve him but at the moment, as cliche as ever, the boy glanced over to his direction and froze. 

 

And Sehun knew he was right.

 

This boy must have been sculpted by hand by the Goddess of Love and Beauty herself. His long neck looked so pale and creamy that Sehun berated himself for wanting to mark it red. The boy's lips were the sweetest pink and really they were just the right amount of plump. Already he imagined nipping and kissing such cute lips. His nose was so cute as well. But the boy's eyes. Oh how his eyes literally shined. They were bright, and brown, and inviting. His eyelashes fluttering across the blush colored apples of his cheeks as he blinked made him prettier. His beauty seemed innocent and unreal. He had seen this type of beauty years ago...in a much younger boy that honestly hadn't look much older than a junior high student. A shorter boy with a head full of blonde curly hair that barely reached the bottom of Sehun's chest. He wondered why that memory of the vending machine boy popped into his mind the moment his eyes locked with Buo Xian's. He attributed it to the similarity in their auras. Both had managed to stir something within him, but Buo Xian had done i with just a glance. And with Buo Xian, he wanted to pursue whatever this was.

Right as Sehun was about to wave him over, the boy seemed to have glanced towards the window behind Sehun. Grabbing onto the straps of his backpack, he made his way over to Sehun, shocking Sehun as he smiled wholeheartedly, his eyes becoming crescents and his cheeks becoming pinker. 

 

 

At that moment, the burning sensation he had felt in his chest those long years ago returned. 

 

This time, he had no intention to stop it.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Luhan recognized the man's eyes right away. How could he forget the eyes that had plagued his subconsious memory? But God did the man change. Not just because of his silver hair now being blonde and black but the overall presence of the man seemed so...dominating and mysterious. Maybe this was some sort of opportunity to find out what he had missed out on those years ago. He didn't think he'd ever think differently about the brat of a man he had met at the vending machine, but now his previous judgeamental thoughts of the man's annoying behavior had slightly dispelled. He wondered if the reason he called him over was because he remembered him as well. 

To the side from where the man was sitting, Luhan saw Seohyun making her way by the bakery. 

Steeling his resolve, he made his way to the man's table, smiling genuinely as he did so. 

 

Except the man called him Buo Xian and he wasn't sure who that was. Playing along because he didn't want to be alone now that Seohyun was lurking, he sat down offering his hand for the man to shake.

 

"I'm glad you made it Buo Xian. You're more beautiful than your description let on." Luhan gathered by then that this man must have been waiting for his blind date. He felt a tad bit bad for potentially stealing someone's date, but hey you snooze, you lose. 

"Actually my...real name's Luhan. Let's try this from the start, shall we?"

"Luhan? My name's Oh Sehun. Pleasure to meet you." 

"Sehun." Luhan said, testing out the name of the man who he had referred to as the "silver haired bumbling idiot" all this time. The way Sehun's name seemed to roll off of Luhan's tongue affected Sehun's heart in the most pleasant of ways.

"Well, Luhan, shall we order?" Sehun raised his eyebrow inquisitevely, calling over the waitress with his free hand. 

Luhan nodded in agreement, his smile reaching his eyes.

 

Seohyun had entered the cafe shortly after catching sight of Luhan. But she couldn't stand to stay for long. Especially not after being witness to such a provacotive scene they had displayed moments before. 

Sehun had ordered a small molten chocolate cake and of course, a chocolate bubble tea. Luhan had decided on a slice of the sponge taro cake and an iced Americano. 

"A guy your age shouldn't be drinking so much caffeine. It isn't good for your health." The words were reminiscent of the ones he heard from this man before. a bit of icing that had stayed on the corner of his mouth, Luhan propped his head on his hand. 

"A man your age should watch his sugar intake. Chocolate cake and choolate bubble tea aren't good for your health." Sehun's eyes crinkled lightly, his lips forming the beginning of a smile.

"I think you'll find the tea is actually quite light." Sehun said, lazily swirling his straw around. Glancing up and catching Luhan's eyes, he whispered lowely,  "As for the cake, even grown men like sweets; We want them by instinct." Inching closer and slowly reaching up to place a dark chocolate shaving from his cake on Luhan's parted lower lip, he continued. "You'll find dark chocolate is too bitter; just like the caffeine in certain drinks is too strong." He says this while dipping his pinky in Luhan's Americano, bringing it to his mouth, his tongue darts out for a taste. Taking a small forkfull of his cake, he brings it up to Luhan's mouth. 

"Come on, enjoy the sweet chocolate with me." With your up-from-under look and red cheeks, just do it in front of the beast. As if entranced by the mini speech and delicate gestures Sehun displayed, Luhan bit into the cake, taking the piece into his mouth. Sehun withdrew his hand with the fork to bring up his finger instead.

"Oh, it's already melting." Sehun caught the drop that threatened to stain Luhan's chin, staring into Luhan's eyes, he his finger. at the sweet taste, he muttered 'delicious' and soon, Luhan was unaware if it was the chocolate Sehun had been talking about earlier or if it was him the one that had begun to melt.

"It's nice." Luhan replied, unsure of what to say with this new change of atmosphere.

Sehun released a hearty laugh, one that made him seem much younger than his twenty something nearing thirty years.   

With his outburst, the previous tension filled environment became one of comfortableness. It almost scared Sehun how comfortable he had become with Luhan during this short time together.

 

"So how are your studies in literature going?" Luhan looked confused as he looked up from sipping his taro bubble tea that Sehun had recommended.

"I'm majoring in linguistics actually. It's going really well, thank you." Luhan answered truthfully, forgetting that Sehun was originally supposed to have met someone else.

"Really? Did you change majors since the last time we spoke?" Sehun wondered if maybe their had been a miscommunication at one point. Luhan was Chinese so perhaps his words had just gotten mixed up...though the guy seemed fluent, nearly native.

It was at this time that Byun Baekhyun decided to make his presence known. 

 

He had come to the bakery a little later than the time Sehun had set, due to Chanyeol's shenanigans. Well actually, a lot later. By the time he got there, hoping to apologize, he saw that Sehun was already seated with someone. Pressing himself up against the window, and earning strange looks from passerbys, he saw that it was Luhan. Deciding that it was fate and walking away to leave the two alone, he realized that Luhan wasn't 'Buo Xian' and wouldn't know certain things that Sehun obviously thought he knew. 

Walking inside because this was official Byun Baekhyun business, he took a booth in front of theirs. Not expecting them to last long, he just ordered a soda.

But boy did these two take long; he had already shoveled his way through three cupcakes, two sodas, one strawberry milk, and two cookies while waiting for a slip up of any sort. He poked his thighs as that's where his recently consumed sweets would surely end up when he caught Sehun asking Luhan about his studies. So maybe he had thought of Luhan when telling Sehun Buo Xian was college age and studying literature. Linguistice..literature..both started with li. It wasn't like he was personally invested in Luhan's life, he didn't know exactly what the guy studied, just that it started with li.  Seeing this as his opportunity to interfere before any damage can be made, Baekhyun swiftly approaches their table. 

 

"Hey Sehun, what you doing out so late?" Ignoring his question, Sehun set forth introducing the two.

"Baekhyun, this is Luhan, my date. Luhan this is Baekhyun, my annoying coworker."

"I resent that." Baekhyun replied jokingly.

Luhan immediately recognized Baekhyun and was about to say so but Baekhyun beat him to it by making an extremely derpy face, shaking his head quickly when Sehun had looked away. Luhan kind of got the hint, but he wasn't sure why Baekhyun wouldn't want Sehun to know that they already knew one another. 

"I was coming to buy some snacks for Yeol and lo and behold, I caught sight of you and this handsome guy. And actually, I kind of need to speak to you about something important. I'm sorry."

"Oh that's fine! I need to get home soon anyways. I have an early class tomorrow. Thanks for everything Sehun." Baekhyun moved to another table to give the two privacy while he waited.

"I would really love to see you again Luhan. Are you free for dinner tomorrow?"

"I think I am." Luhan grinned cutely.

"I'll message you then." Luhan nearly agreed but remembered that he wasn't Sehun's intended date and therefore would most certainly not get the message. Not wanting to miss this opportunity at another date, a planned one, with this handsome and intriguing man, Luhan pulled out his phone. He felt guilty that someone wasn't going to get a chance with Sehun but brushed the thought off as soon as it came. They missed their opportunity by ditching him in the first place. Not once did it cross Luhan's mind to wonder just why Sehun called out to him out of the many patrons that had littered the bakery at that time. 

"Actually, I'd prefer it if you texted or called me instead." 

"Gladly." Sehun inputed his number and then called himself to save Luhan's.

Placing the leather jacket he had brought earlier on Luhan's shoulder's, he said farewell.

"I can't take this...it's cold and you should wear it." Luhan tried to reason.

"Exactly why you should wear it. It's cold out and you'll get sick if you don't. I'm fine. Besides, you can just give it back to me tomorrow. Or the next time." Luhan didn't catch on to Sehun's insinuation of more dates and simply thanked him for the jacket. 

 

Taking a final glance behind and seeing a waving Sehun, Luhan thought that he might have felt warm even without the jacket.

.

.

.

.

Next Day

"You got games on your phone?"

"Minseok, ask Yixing."

"He just has those boring cross word ones." Yixing scoffed; his games were not boring. They were family friendly and educational.

"Fine here." Luhan tossed his phone to Xiumin across the table. He was really having a hard time concentrating. Sehun had sent him a text  asking if he got home safe last night. They chatted for a bit more before Sehun told him he should really get rest if he wanted to do well in class. That and for some reason his phone had 'glitched' and saved Sehun under-

"Daddy just texted you : Lu, do you have any food preferences? Daddy eh??" Minseok wiggled his brows.

"Oh MY GOD Shut up!! My phone's being weird." Luhan took his phone back. 

"Is that the Sehun guy from your date? He sounds like a tight man. Damn do I love me a tight man. With a nice firm chest. Thighs that could choke a bear. A you could eat breakfast off of."

"MinSEOK! We are in school!!" Yixing wagged his finger disapprovingly. 

Luhan wanted to bury himself in his textbook as nearly half the vicinity turned to look their direction at Yixing's outburst and Minseok's continuation of his ideal tight man. 

To Daddy: I like spicy food. 

To Daddy: Oh and jajangmyeon particularly.

To Daddy: But anything really is fine Sehunnie.

his phone was glitching on a new level. Why did it autocorrect Sehun to Sehunnie??? 

 

To Lu: You got it Hannie baby~

 

"Luhan's imagining Sehun's too. Look how red he is. I demand you admonish him as well Yixing!"

.

.

.

.

.

.


Sorry I took long! thanks for reading and commenting! Subscribing and upvoting!! Be back with Ch. 4 soon :)

Sorry for my y description skills. I just really want you guys to envision them as best as possible heh.

Some inspiration for this chapter from "Sweet's Beast" by Kaito of Vocaloid and my love for sweets in general.