Final [2]

This Is The Last Time,Really

So, here we are today, having a date at the amusement park. I watch his backside view. He's so tall that I can only reach up to his chin. He's looking around as his head turn to left and right, sort of searching. I smile to this situation. So, this is the feeling of having a date? I sadly smile to myself. Somehow, I felt pity to myself for being this greed. 

"What do you want to do here?" I bumped into his back as he stops abruptly. I looks up to his face. He looks...bored. I hide my sadness with a wide smile.

"Well, since we're on a date. First thing first, hands." I hold my right hand in front of him, asking for his hand. Chanyeol Oppa frowned while tilting his head, looking at me confused. I giggle to the sight.

"Hands." He sighs and slowly hold out his hands as well. I smile and grab his hands. Just like I thought, his hands are slightly bigger and warmer than mine. I smile to our now intertwined hands. Really, this is like a dream come true and I don't wanna wake up, not yet. I drags him to the Gyro Drop. While we are waiting in line, I glances to my side to check on him. And...he looks pale while his eyes fixed on the moving machine that goes up in a slow speed and then suddenly drop down to free fall. I feels sorry to him so I quietly clench his hand. He turns to me.

"If you're not okay, we can just go and look another thing more comfortable." I want to leave the place before he pulled my hands back to his side. He clears his throat, trying to cover up his spontaneous act just now.

"Just stay. It is our turn next, anyway." He looks forward without a glance at me. I smile to his act. As usual, the nice Park Chanyeol. 

 

"Is this look okay on me?" I turn to Chanyeol Oppa who staring at me, trying the headband with animal ears. The one that I am holding is a rabbit headband. Chanyeol Oppa shakes his head, again. This this the 3rd time I tried the headband. He said no to the dog, mouse and now rabbit. I pouts to his reaction before placed the headband.

"Let's go. I'm hungry." I turn to leave the place when again, he grabs my wrist and turn me around facing him. He looks down at me. Our eyes meet before he wears one of the headband on my hair. I am stunned to his act before he pushes me to the mirror on the wall.

"This...look great on..you." He leaves after the ment. I watch him leave the shop before checking on myself in the mirror. Again, I smile to my own reaction. The headband is...a crown. As usual, the sweet Park Chanyeol.

 

We're having a lunch on the bench.I am stuffing myself with food since I am very hungry. By then, I realised someone staring at me. I turn to Chanyeol Oppa. He's staring at me, frowning. I raise my eyebrows, asking him why. Suddenly, his face come closer to mine causing my breath to stop for a while. Our distance is now like 10 cm apart before he swipes the corner of my lips.

"Dirty." He continues to his lunch, act like nothing happened. I am staring at him, without blinking like a statue. He take a peek on me who staring at him deeply. Then I noticed a light red blush on his cheek. He clears his throat, trying to chase the shyness away. I turn my sight away, smiling to his red face. As usual, the shy Park Chanyeol.

But then, I feel pain in my head. My stomach starts to feel uneasy. I rushed to the nearest washroom, leaving Chanyeol Oppa dumbfounded.

 

"Uweekkkk~~~" I pull the toilet paper and wipe the stains away from my lips. I flushes the waste before sit on the toilet lid. I placed my hands on my chest, calming down my nerves. 

'Hold it in, Danni. Just for today.'

I rinse my mouth before leave the washroom. I'm sort of surprised to see Chanyeol Oppa to stand near the washroom. He turns to me who walks to him.

I apologize to him for leaving suddenly. He just shrugged his shoulder before asking me where to go next. I take a glance to my watch. Sunset is near. Chanyeol Oppa looking around for another fun things before I grabs his wrist. And surprisingly, he didn't pushes my hands away.

"Let's go there, Ferris Wheel."

 

We're on our way to the highest peak of the wheel. I am staring at him while he is looking downwards, watching how everything seems small from uphere. 

"Chanyeol Oppa, thanks for today." I start to talk. My eyes fixed on him as well.

"This is the first time I feel no regret of living today. Your presence really make my day. And for that, I will always thank you."Chanyeol Oppa seems stunned and just barely open his mouth when I interrupt him.

"I like you. I...really like you." His jaw slightly drops. I smile sweetly to him.

"I really like you that I have to face the reality. The reality where you'll never return the same feeling. The reality where we've never be one. And the reality where you've already have someone." I look down to my hands on my lap, fidgeting them together. Chanyeol Oppa closes his lips, can't reply. I sadly smile and gathering few more left of courage.

"That's why, I give up. Here is where I ended my feelings for you. For all the time I'm being with you and other Oppas, sorry for being a burden until you guys have to avoid me." Chanyeol Oppa look up to me. He look into my eyes curious of how I know they were avoiding me.

"Thank you for letting me know you, thank you for letting me love you and thank you...for letting me lived by your side even its for temporary." By then, the wheel stops as its ended. I got up first, stare at him for the very last time before leave him alone, in the wheel. My tears flow on my cheeks as soon as I take my first step, further from him.

'Really, this is the last time.'

 

2 days later

Chanyeol stares at his reflection. The black suit brings out his model-like figure but today, somehow he hates the colour. He is dreaming away when a knock brings him back. He open to a figure of his mother, wearing a black hanbok.

"Let's go. They're waiting." Chanyeol nods as he follows his mother from behind.

 

As soon as they reach their destination, he can see the boys are already gathered around. He follows his mother to a portrait of a girl...Han Danni. He turn to see his mother hugs her mother, calming her down. Danni's mother let out a river of tears. They hugs each other. Chanyeol walk nearer to the big picture of Danni. She looks happy and healthy. Without knowing, he holds out his fingers and reach her cheeks. Slowly, the sadness come to him. He bit his lips, holding the tears. Who knows, their first date will be her last date ever. Who knows his hands will be the only hands she held for her whole life. Who knows he is really her first and last love. Chanyeol starts to cry for real as he recalled their amusement park date.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." Chanyeol kneel down to her photo, grabbing his thighs. He take another look at the picture and recalled how happy she was when she with him, how she laughs when she hangout with him and how sad she was when he ignored her. He could imagine how hard it could be for her to see him dated other girl and how painful could be it be for her to let him go one-sidedly.

 

Chanyeol stares to the sky. As the night mourn to her death, the stars didn't show up. Even the moon hides behind the clouds. A hand softly pats his shoulder. He turn to Danni's mother who sadly smile, probably tired of crying. He bows to her, expressing his condolences to her loss . She bows back before giving him a small box. Chanyeol looks at her, confused.

"She holds it until her final breath. I don't know what's inside but I know, it's important to her. Take it." Chanyeol refuse to accept but she insist as she afraid to be mourning her for life. Chanyeol take a seat on the nearest bench as soon as Danni's mother leave. He inhales a deep breath before slowly open the box. He gasped to see his polaroid pictures in the box. He reach one of them. It was him during their soccer games. He was holding the trophy and place a kiss there. He read the caption:"Wish I was the trophy kekeke". Chanyeol smiles and take another picture. It was his picture, pouting to one of his friends. Probably they were fighting at that time. He smile to the caption:"Wish I can erase the sadness of yours, if you let me." He then reaches to final photo. It was during their date and the picture shows his back view. His heart feel like being squeezed when his eyes fixed to the final caption of all:"This is the last time, really". Chanyeol bit his lower lips, holding on the picture.

 

It has been 3 years since she left. Though Chanyeol didn't have feelings for her but he went through hard time to move on. Today is the day of her 3rd year of death anniversary. Chanyeol is on his way to the cremate house. It was his routine to visit her on this date. The other members know he still felt guilty of her. They asked him to forgive himself. He did but still, the guilty never leave him.

He stands in front of the box space. In there, her picture in school uniform, smiling with a V sign of her hands. She happily look to the camera. Chanyeol also smiles along, without him knowing. And as usual, he takes some time talking to her. He always tell her what happens around him, as if she is there to listen. While doing so, he felt regret of not doing the same thing when she was there, in person.

"It's time. I have to go. See you soon.." He leaves the cremate house. While he is on his way to his car, he bumped into a woman who is holding flowers for the deads. Chanyeol apologizes for her, helping her pick up the fallen flowers. The girl stands up first, follows by him. He hands out the flowers and take a glance of her and by then, he is stunned. The girl felt confused as she stares back at him. The girl pulls slowly the flowers from his grips.

"Ah...Sorry for that." Chanyeol return to reality as his eyes still fixed on the girl. Not because she's pretty, that Chanyeol quietly admit, but how she looks just like her. The girl have the exact same face of Danni, and that makes Chanyeol frozen to statue.

"Oh, it's okay but I really have to go. My mother's waiting. She hates her flowers to wilt quickly." The girl reply as she refers her late mother as she's still alive. Chanyeol nods absentmindedly as her voice sounds the same. The girl bows to him before she take her leave. Chanyeol turn to her, staring at her back view. And at that time, her caption flashes to his mind:"This is the last time, really." Chanyeol take a deep breath.

"Excuse me..." The girl turn to him as Chanyeol make his long strode towards her. The girl, amazingly have the same height as Danni, her head reaches until his chin.

"I'm Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." His sudden self-intro causes the girl to chuckle. She giggle without sound makes Chanyeol confident more thay she is Danni's reincarnation. The girl clears and hold up her hands.

"Chanyeol-ssi, I'm Danni. Shin Danni." Chanyeol smiles and Danni smiles back. His heart quietly whispers;this time, this is not the last time, really.