Part One [Lost In Vacation]

Lost In Vacation
Monday smells like office. Office smells like work. Work smells like an overly used of brain cell and tons of coffee. Not to mention that he’s all alone in this huge deserted room on 17th floor, away from everyone, all other employees, except from his secretary whose desk is right in front of his front tinted-glass door.
 
He eyed the huge room. He isn’t much of a decorator or something, but his secretary has indeed done a great job here. A thousand papers lied everywhere on his desk, even on the floor, on top, middle, and on the bottom of the tall drawers near the black leather couch, maybe even lied on the couch. That kind of mess that he remembered clearly since last Saturday night, maybe midnight, when he left his office in the most exhausting ways as possible. But now, that sight is long gone.
 
The thousand-messy-papers already stacked up and categorized based on its date of priority and its urgency. Formed above his desk are an agreement, contract, and so on and so on that needs a faster concerning, handling, and signing. And the others that aren’t much a priority for today are stacked up tidily on the drawer.
 
And a flower’s fragrance. It’s a daisy flower for today, planted on a small- -white vase on his desk, right beside a metal name plates, shown Kim Jae Joong, Chief Executive Officer. He made a mental note to reward his secretary for her good job, later.
 
But to think that he must used to this kind of lifestyle, hold such a huge responsibility, he shook his head in dissaproval. This isn’t the life he wanted. He screamed in his heart. But again, he didn’t have much choices, since his wealthy and powerful father transferred all of this to him, a night before his death in the hospital, 2 years ago. Oh, how awful he felt that time to become the oldest son in this family.
 
He’s sure that his younger brother is much better than him to handle this company, yes he negotiated with his mother before, but since his younger brother hasn’t finished his MBA in Yale University or something, in that very far land on theStates, he tried to deal with this. “But only until Junsu graduate. Then, let me choose my own way, mother.” That’s exactly what he said that night on the urgent family meeting.
 
Yet, there’s still no graduation-news from his brother after two years. He sighed. In his twenty-eight-years of his life, why can he become someone that he wants?
 
There’s a ring from a cord phone above his desk, he picked it up right after, and a familiar female voice could be heard.  “Morning, Mr. Kim. Mr. Park is here.”
And another familiar male voice said, “How many times should I told you just to call me Yoochun, Miss Lee?” Jaejoong is 100% sure that this rarely to found-male species is winking at his secretary right now, and his secretary is furiously blushing, surely. Period.
 
“Tell him to just come in and behave.” Jaejoong simply replied, picking one of the neglected contract on his desk and barely read it before he unpasted the “SIGN HERE” yellow post-it, and started to sign it. It’s only a paper of formality anyway, since the details were already discussed on meeting last Thursday. He picked another one, noticing his secretary muttered “Ok, Mr. Kim.” before she hung up.
 
He put the phone back to its place, and his tinted-glass front door is opened, revealing Yoochun, a rare species from the the Grease planet. “What do you want?” Jaejoong snapped, while Yoochun positioning himself in the comfortable black leather couch across.
 
“Good morning to you, my CEO-slash-best friend. And, what’s with your grumpy mood today? What happened?” Yoochun asked, looking concern.
 
This amount of papers happened.” Jaejoong pointed to the whole room, oh his mountain of paperwork. He dropped the paper he held earlier, walking to the couch and sat across Yoochun. He lied his head to the cushion, before Seulgi, his brunette secretary, came through with a cup of coffee and a glass of orange Juice.
 
“Morning coffee, Mr. Kim. And your juice, Mr. Park.” Seulgi put the drinks on the table near the couch. Jaejoong nods to her, and rolls his eyes, as Yoochun’s muttered audibly to Seulgi, “Yoochun” and Seulgi smiled at him and bowed before she leave the room.
 
“I assumed you just boring down there so you came here to flirt with my secretary.” Jaejoong said, sipping his morning black-coffee, loosening his tie a little, and claiming the soft spot behind his head again.
 
Yoochun snort. “I didn’t flirt. Being lovely to everyone is my nature, best friend.”
 
“Seulgi is pure, Yoochun. The last thing I wanna do is to fire a smart and tidy, broken-hearted girl, who become unfocused doing her works and all she done is crying a river on her desk, caused of my bestfriend’s false hints.” Jaejoong explained, while imagining all the worst future possibilities.
 
Yoochun rolled his eyes, savoring Jaejoong’s words, before he lied his head on the cushion, mirroring Jaejoong’s action. “She knew I’m not interested on getting into her pants. She knew I’m gay enough for her. And she knew I’m already taken, Jaejoong.”
 
Jaejoong shrugged. “Not exactly my business, anyway.”
 
Yoochun shook his head. Jaejoong has changed a lot since he worked as a CEO. He became all serious in everything. He remembered all the times, back then in university, where the playful Jaejoong still alive. It felt like ages since he saw that kind of Jaejoong. This CEO things are closed him off from his true self.
 
“I came here to ask you for my vacation.” Yoochun said, not wanting to deal with a grumpy Jaejoong any further.
 
“I already told you, if you wanna go just go, Yoochun. Your authority here is almost the same as mine. So no need to ask first.”
 
Yoochun grunted, annoying as much, “I want you to join me. We’ll have fun inJapan for a whole week.”
 
“I doubt that since you’ll be all babysitting a certain baby there. So..”
 
“He’s my boyfriend, thank you very much. And also, he has someone to set you up with at there, so you won’t feel like a third wheel.”
 
Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows, “I don’t need it.” Yes, he doesn’t need somebody setting up something for him, moreover for his future partner.
 
“Don’t be so serious, Joongie. It’s all just for fun. Trust me.” Yoochun did a very last time puppy eyes, and he saw Jaejoong ran a hand through his hair, as if fighting a bit with his inner thought, considering to leave all the workload- for about a week, and then looking at him again, “Fine. Only a week, not longer for me.”
 
Yoochun exhaled amusedly, “That’s my bestfriend.” He moved to Jaejoong’s side of a couch, and gave his bestfriend a grateful hug, “Thank you buddy.”
 
Pulling away from his bestfriend’s tight hug, he said “Now before I regret my decision, you may go back to your office because I still have many paperworks and have to brief with my secretary. Go.”
 

 

Yoochun laughed, his bestfriend is really the biggest on this planet. His grumpy side and all. “I get it, grumpy. See ya.” With that he stood up from the comfortable couch, and walked out from his bestfriend’s office through the glass door.