Chapter 2

Circus of Time

               Their new ship was about the size of a small house. It had three living quarters, a kitchen with dining area, a medical room and the control room along with all the lower passages for the machinery. They had already stopped at their homes and gathered whatever things they wanted to bring with them. Woosang and Terrah were the first ones on board. Terrah had been checking the controls of the ship as Woosang came into the control room.

               “I forgot that you knew how to read the gauges.” He said teasingly as he sat in the commander chair. Terrah laughed and turned to face him. “Well we will have to teach Daniel how to do it again and how to maintain the ship if something breaks.” Woosang nodded. “Right, we should show Sehun too. I’m not sure Dara could work down below.”

               As soon as they said that, Dara came through the door and immediately bumped her hip on the closest chair and fell to the floor holding her hip. “Owie!!” She exclaimed as she rubbed it. Terrah and Woosang burst out laughing as she stood up awkwardly. “Sorry…” she mumbled embarrassed as Daniel came in behind her. “What’s so funny?” He asked as he walked over to check the gauges as well. Dara immediately turned bright red and covered her face.

               Terrah put her hand on the doctors’ shoulder. “It’s ok Dara. He doesn’t need to know.” She reassured her but Daniel burst out laughing as Woosang finished telling him what happened. Terrah shook her head at her best friends. “Woosang that’s not nice.”

               Dara sat down on the chair she bumped into and pouted as Sehun came in wearing glasses and holding some files. “Are we all ready to leave yet?”  Woosang called him over and started explaining the gauges and controls to the two of them. Daniel was quickly remembering the things he learned in training as they were being refreshed in his mind. Sehun was staring very intently, listening to every word Woosang said.

               After explaining the controls, he pointed over towards Dara and Terrah. “Daniel, during the mission you can feel free to teach Dara as well.  Terrah, will you go take inventory with her while I show them the basics of the ships machinery down below?” Terrah nodded and took Dara and went through the whole ship taking inventory of what they had and didn’t have. The General had given them plenty of supplies to last months if needed.

               Dara was the most excited to see the medical room. It had two scanner tables, a debriefing chair and all the equipment she could even think of. Terrah left her in there and headed back to the control room. Woosang and the other guys were already back in there. She handed over the inventory list and sat in a chair. “We have enough supplies for a few months. It’s fully stocked even though it only has to host three people.”

               Woosang looked over the list and then pointed at the ship controls. “Terrah, you put in the coordinates of the island. We need to be able to hide the ship and will just teleport ourselves to the island.” She nodded and began working on inputting the coordinates of the island. She set the computer to place the ship under the ocean, on the floor of the gulf. Terrah couldn’t believe that she was going to be on a mission with her best friends. It was better than she could believe, even though she had only found Daniel again just a couple days ago.

               She noticed that Sehun was staring at Daniel a lot, studying him. It made sense since he had been held captive for so long. The ship instantly arrived at its location since it didn’t have to time travel. She pulled Sehun aside as Woosang and Daniel checked the pressure gauges to make sure the ship could handle the weight of the ocean.

               Terrah sighed a bit “You are planning on treating Daniel right? In case he has some problems from being in that room for so long?” Sehun nodded. “Of course I am. Hopefully all the interaction with Ren and Amber has kept him sane. I didn’t see anything worrying in his scans but I haven’t really been able to properly assess him yet.” He kept talking about the possible psychological effects that Daniel could be going through because of what happened but Terrah stopped listening.

               Dara suddenly came running into the control room. “WE ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN!” She yelled shocked at the window, her face pressed against the glass. Everyone laughed but Sehun just smiled. “We have to keep the ship here to avoid detection.” Daniel explained as he gently pulled her away from the window. “Oh right!” Dara exclaimed as she reached into her lab coat. “Terrah and Woosang need to get their implant. I need to get a baseline on their vitals before they leave ship.”

               Woosang and Terrah nodded as Daniel grinned at Dara. “It’s so cute when you talk medical.” Dara immediately turned red and pulled the two agents out of the control room to escape, leaving Daniel and Sehun behind.

               In the medical room, both Woosang and Terrah stripped of their clothes without worrying about the curtains, embarrassing the Doctor again who just covered her face with a clipboard. The two agents each laid on one of the scanner beds after putting on the thin white strips. “Commander Sangsoo!!” Dara started lecturing, “You should know better than to just strip in front of women!” He just grinned at her and shrugged his shoulders. “Well, it’s nothing Terrah and I haven’t already seen and you are a Doctor so I didn’t see why I should hide anything.”

               Dara fanned herself with the clipboard as she the scanners and prepared their implants. After the scanners finished they sat up as Dara stuck their implants into the skin in the back of their neck. The two of them had to lie back on the scanners again as the implant calibrated to their body. Dara kept inputting commands into the screen projected in front of her.

               The implant took about fifteen minutes to calibrate so Woosang started getting bored and turned his head to face Terrah. He grinned at her and winked. Terrah sighed and stuck her tongue out at him. Dara smirked. The two agents noticed she could see their faces through her screen but was still trying to concentrate. Woosang and Terrah started to make silly faces at each other, cracking up Dara each time.

               Dara finally sighed and held back her laughter. “If you two are quite done, you can get dressed now. I have your vitals calibrated to the ship.” Woosang laughed again as he just stood up and removed his thin scanner strip and got dressed in plain view of both of the girls before Dara could even hide her face. There was an increase in beeping on the screen.

               Woosang looked over at it confused as Dara turned to the screen then grinned at Terrah. “Oh my! Terrah, Commander Sangsoo made your heart rate increase suddenly.” Woosang grinned as Terrah looked away and ignored his face. Terrah faced away from Woosang as she removed her cloth strips and the beeping from his monitor jumped up more than hers did. Dara immediately tried to cover the Commanders face.

               Terrah turned around after pulling her shirt on and smirked at him. “Well, I guess I won that one.” She said as she just nonchalantly left the medical room. Woosang sighed and followed after her with a smile on his face. Dara took a deep breath and stared at the monitors. “I hope the mission goes ok…”

               Back in the control room, Daniel and Sehun were staring out the window trying to spot any sea creatures. “It’s too dark this deep.” Terrah said as she sat in one of the chairs.” Daniel sighed and plopped down in a chair. “That’s boring.”

               The Commander started setting up the table with the mission information. “So as we know, the leader seems to be Jiho, or Zico as Jo Kwon called him, a former agent who left the agency with his partner, who we were unable to find. The ones working with Zico that Jo Kwon came into contact with are P.O, a former student who never graduated. Also Kyung, who we know nothing about except that he has a whip and seems to be in charge of getting their girls to obey them. Terrah and I will be entering through the regular teleport entrance to the island and then find someone who can lead us to Zico. We will then attempt to join the circus.” He explained as he opened up the files.

               Daniel smirked a bit. “You two really have to run away to the circus. I never thought that was still a thing that could happen.” Sehun nodded. “What will you do if they won’t let you join them?” He looked over at Terrah. “We could just beat them up and interrogate them the old fashioned way. We are the best fighters in the agency.” Daniel looked shocked. “What!?” Terrah laughed and nodded. “Sehun and Dara can fill you in on what kind of agents we are.”

               Sehun looked excited for once. Terrah thought it was very weird for him to look happy like that, especially about talking about her and Woosang. The commander headed over to the teleporter and put in the coordinates of where they needed to arrive. “Daniel, you will be in charge as soon as we leave ship.” He nodded and opened the monitors in front of the commanders’ chair; he could see the video feed from the implants of both of them. “Video link is up and your vitals are coming in clearly as well. You are set to go.”

               Dara came back into the room. “Oh great! I didn’t miss you guys!” She quickly ran over and hugged the both of them. “Be careful out there and don’t get too distracted.” She said looking between the two of them. Terrah nodded as Woosang just smiled at her as they disappeared from in front of her.