Talk Tok

WILDESTDREAMS

*Fast forward six months, Jungkook is eighteen*
-
I waited and waited for Eunji's reply text. I know she most likely would never send one, since the last time we talked was just under three years ago. I miss her so much. If only I had just said something, it would've made a huge difference..."Jungkook-oppa?"
I snapped back into reality and looked at the sixteen year old brunette, her winter clothes covering the curves I knew she had. "Gwenchana?" She's so cute..."Ne. I am," I reply, tapping Kwon Yuri's nose with my gloves. I had a new friend now...Yuri blocked my entire vision. We were planning to go ice skating today, since Yuri had gotten up and knocked on my apartment, about how much she wanted to go skating. "This is what best friends do, right?" is what she had said. Yuri was definitely such a cute person. A complete replacement of Eunji.
But Eunji never called me oppa. She always acted indifferent, and pretended not to love me...but she did. I always knew she did. And I chased after her, trying to make her admit that she did. If you act nice with each other, it ruins the excitement...but if you run a race three hundred times, it gets tiring.
"Okay, hold on to me!" Yuri puffed out her cheeks and slid across the ice slowly. She grabbed my arm and glided us across the rink. I was slightly embarrassed...but I was never embarrassed with Eunji, even as I was feeding ice cream to her on lazy Sunday afternoons, when the triple sundae was free to regulars. So why am I embarrassed with Yuri? 
As we went back home after getting tired out from skating, we bought hot chocolate and shared it-but with two different straws, not like how I was with Eunji, whom I drank out of the same straw with. We walked all the way back to my apartment.
Like normal, I crashed on my couch and Yuri sat at the dining table to do her homework. "Wake me up when you're finished," I called, nestling my head into the soft cushions, a relief to my aching head. "Ne." I surrounded myself with my tough wool blanket, and fell asleep soon enough. 
*
*
*
When I "woke up", I was in a forest. Dark. Cliche. And even though I had seen it before, in reruns of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves", I felt cold. Isolated. Scared, even. I unsheathed my sword that I somehow knew I had, and crunched my way across the grass, wet with rain that had worked its way through, judging by the dark clouds that painted the sky above. 
I instantly recognized this as a dream. Of course. It seemed I was in a medieval time, with kings and queens, even here. I somehow knew that my name was Prince Jeon Jungkook, of the Southern Kingdom. And I had been sent out to save a princess. I hadn't been told her name. I didn't know why. But I suspected that she would be either Eunji or Yuri, as it was either one in most of my dreams. 
I came across a small shop, with a withered old man that limply held a young mule's reins. "Pardon me," I said, bowing to the elderly. "Do I have the permission to buy your donkey?" "If you have enough money," he replied, looking cruelly down at me. I looked down at my rags and nodded understandingly. I pulled a sack of gold out of my satchel and placed it carefully on the shop's counter. "Ne. You may have her." I bowed and took ahold of the reins. It wasn't a horse, but at least it was something. "Kamsamnidha!" I yelled back, "hyaa"ing the mule. It brayed and moved slowly, but steadily.
I apparently knew the direction's to the princess's tower, but we were moving at a snail's pace, almost less than if I were walking. I still moved forward, wiping the annoyingly persistent sweat off of my eyebrows that kept appearing and beading on my forehead, determined to save either Eunji or Yuri.
When I finally reached the princess's castle, I tied the mule's reins to a nearby tree, and tossed it a carrot I had also bought from the old man. As always, the princess's castle was guarded by a ginormous dragon. I wanted to save or at least see the princess before this dream was over, so I hoped I would make it snappy. I started climbing up the stairwell as quietly as I could, trying not to wake the dragon. According to my experience, the dragon almost always slept at the middle of the tower, just before you went to the bathrooms, where the princess might be staying. If so, you had to be even more careful, because she might giggle and the world may crash around you. I tiptoed carefully past the middle floor, and happily found there were no complications. 
I reached the princess's quarters, and carefully walked towards her room. If it was purple, then it was Eunji, and if it was royal blue, then it would be Yuri but this one was...pink? I wondered who it could possibly be. Perhaps Eunji, since it was closest to her color, but...that's taking a shot in the dark. 
I opened the door and saw the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. Red lips, blushing cheeks, and luscious hair curling around her flawless skin. She looked like nobody I'd ever noticed before, but also undeniably familiar. No doubt she was striking. "Princess~" I called, twirling one of the strands of her hair in my fingers. Her eyes "suddenly opened, chocolate brown burning its way into me. She turned the tables, got on top of me and held her hands in a ready position for a punch. "Who are you?" she asked. "If you don't answer in a matter of fifteen seconds, then I will punch you square in the nose. 15...14..13..12..." This girl can't be serious. "I am Prince Jeon Jungkook, of the Southern Kingdom." "Good, you don't resist." Was she really a princess? She held her hands still in the punching position. "Brutus!" she called. Suddenly, the dragon I'd been trying to avoid came into the room.
"Yes, princess?" I was dumbfounded. Looks like I didn't even need to save her. "This...prince, or whatever, tried to kidnap me." I sighed. "Allow me to explain. I have gotten an order from this princess's kingdom to save her from a dragon," I say, jerking my head towards him and raising my eyebrows at the princess. "I don't belong to a kingdom. Who sent you?" "The Queen of Hearts." She groaned. "Tsk. I should've known." She took one leg off of me. "Let this man stay here for three days. He can be used for questioning." 
*
*
*
"Jungkook-oppa. I'm done." I coughed from the sudden awakening. "W-with your homework?" She nodded. "You have mail. An oppa came by here telling me to say that to you." I ran my fingers through my hair. "Arrasseo. Kkaja." I wrapped my arm around her groggily and went down the steps to the post office.
She went to check her own mailbox, and I waved her off. I found three coupon sheets, a package, and a paper for something I didn't want to apply for. I was really excited to open the package, although I thought it was strange, because I hadn't ordered anything. Maybe it was from Talk Tok, since they hadn't replied in forever. I waited for Yuri, and when she arrived, she was carrying a very similar package-maybe even from the same sender. We squealed in excitement and made the trek back to my apartment.
We tore open the cardboard boxes and stared at each other as we compared the sweaters-or uniforms-that came with the package. Mine said "Jeon Jungkook" on the top, in the middle said the year I was born, and at the bottom said, "Talk Tok." It was confirmed. We had officially made it into Korea's most internationally talented contemporary hip hop dance group.