Of Men Called Tae

Of Men Called Tae

“It was amazing, Tae, I wish you could have been there.”

Taehyung nods, again, and again and again and again. Jimin has been talking about the same damn concert for a week. Yes, Big Bang is incredible. Yes, they live up to and surpass expectations when they perform live. Yes, they really are one of the best kpop groups of all time. Taehyung knows. He knows, Jimin doesn’t have to remind him five times every minute.

“When Taeyang first entered… man,” Jimin breathes, looking basically blissful as he looks up at the ceiling, a stupid smile on his face. “It’s like an honor just to breathe the same air as him.”

Taehyung huffs and rolls his eyes, tipping his head back onto his bed as Jimin paces back and forth on the floor of their room.

Taehyung was supportive at first, listening to Jimin dutifully as he went on about the Big Bang concert he and Jungkook managed to snag tickets for on one of their rare nights off, watched as Jimin reenacted some of his favorite parts, ooh-ed and aah-ed at all the proper intervals, grinned as Jimin got so excited he could hardly breathe. But it had been a week, and it’s all Jimin talks about anymore. It’s worse when they’re with Jungkook, then the two of them snowball off of each other as Jungkook rants about G Dragon and Jimin practically drools over Taeyang.

That was when Taehyung had started to lose it. The way that Taeyang seemed to consume every single one of Jimin’s thoughts and actions was driving Taehyung up a wall. Usually, when Jimin fanboyed, it was cute and adorable and Taehyung loved it, but now…

“..and his voice is even better live,” Jimin continues through his monologue as Taehyung broods. “I mean, Taeyang is just--”

“Taehyung.”

Jimin stops pacing at the foot of Taehyung’s bed looks over at him, blinking as if woken from a lucid dream. “Huh?”

“Taehyung,” Taehyung repeats his name, his warm eyes turning hard as he stares Jimin down. “Not Taeyang, Taehyung.”

Jimin blinks a few more times before his eyebrows pull together. “Tae, what are you talking about?”

Taehyung sits up, still keeping his gaze trained right into Jimin’s eyes, which makes Jimin shift uncomfortably. Taehyung’s silent, his face stone still, lips unreadable.

Jimin passes his tongue through his lips nervously. He knows what has followed that expression in the past, and it has never been good. “T-Tae?”

“Is Taeyang your boyfriend?” Taehyung asks evenly, lips barely moving, effectively keeping his expression set.

Jimin takes a step back, feeling his heartbeat beginning to speed up and his eyes widen. That’s what this was about.

Taehyung is very, very rarely like this. They weren’t lying when they called him gentle or a fairy. Taehyung really is light and gentle and submissive, but sometimes, when Taehyung’s jealousy sparks up and flares to the point of no return, Jimin can physically feel their roles reverse in the space between them. It feels like a rapid slip and fall into deep water, and it makes every part of him zing with the unexpected shock and his lungs forget how to use oxygen.

“No,” Jimin says, his voice quavers just barely at the end.

Taehyung stands up on the bed, the ceiling barely a few inches above his head. The light behind him outlines him in sharp relief, and Jimin can only stare up at him, the new height difference making him feel even smaller. Then Taehyung steps down, keeping his eyes on Jimin as he advances and turns Jimin around by his shoulders, backing him up to the edge of the bed.

“Who is?” Taehyung asks, his voice grinding against the lowest note he has.

Jimin feels a shiver pushing against his spine, but he keeps it suppressed, still clinging to any last bit of control he possesses. “You.”

“I need a name, Jimin,” Taehyung presses, his hands going from Jimin’s shoulders down his arms.

“Taehyung,” Jimin says, his voice barely breaking through the lump that’s developing in his throat.

“Taehyung what? Answer in complete sentences,” Taehyung says, pressing his lips together.

“Taehyung is my boyfriend.”

Taehyung hums, and then his lips are pressing against Jimin’s, chaffed and wet as he doesn’t prod for permission before his tongue enters Jimin’s mouth, the tip of it running down the length of Jimin’s, and he traps Jimin’s lip between his teeth on the back draw, his lips curling into something akin to a snarl. “Can Taeyang do that to you?”

Jimin shakes his head. Taehyung had stolen any words he might have been able to muster right from his tongue. He leans forward to try to take Taehyung’s lips back, but Taehyung shoves him back, and Jimin bounces a bit from the force of it as he lands on the foot of the bed, staring up at Taehyung.

“I’m in charge right now,” Taehyung says, and the way he’s looking down his nose at Jimin makes a strong knot of heat and nervous energy begin to coil in the pit of his stomach. The reigns are customarily in Jimin’s hands, but it’s startling how easily Taehyung can snatch them through his fingers when he wants to. “I’m going to make you forget his name.”

Before Jimin can ask Taehyung what he means, he’s roughly lifting Jimin’s loose shirt up, exposing Jimin’s abdomen to the cool air of the room. Jimin’s stomach tightens, beautifully defining his abdominal muscles. He leans back, his hands catching him and holding him up as he watches Taehyung with wide eyes.

Taehyung’s go from Jimin’s abs to his lips, making Jimin them again. “Open.”

Jimin obeys, and then Taehyung is putting the end of his shirt into his mouth.

“Hold that for me,” Taehyung commands, and Jimin just closes his mouth around the fabric when Taehyung ducks his head down, his breath hot against Jimin’s bared skin.

“Who do you love more, me or Taeyang?” He asks, his head resting against Jimin’s ribs.
Jimin responds immediately, trying to say, “You,” but his voice muffled by the shirt. He’s still just watching Taehyung, tensed in anxiety against what Taehyung might do next.

“How am I better than him?” Taehyung asks, starting to put slow and drawn out kisses onto the top Jimin’s abs. His hand comes up to take the wet end of Jimin’s shirt out of his mouth, holding the shirt up with one hand as the other presses flat on Jimin’s hip.

Jimin can’t believe Taehyung is making him talk right now when it’s all he can do to remain upright. He’s usually articulate and very precise with his words, but he finds that they’re failing him now. “I-I… your voice, it’s better. It’s low and--and…” He bites his lip as he can see Taehyung’s lips work against his skin, travelling lower. Jimin’s muscles tighten further, making his breathing restricted. “I love the way you move more--ah,” he hisses as Taehyung uses his teeth to take in Jimin’s skin and then massages the sore spot back down with his tongue. “He doesn’t…” Jimin’s breath leaves him and he tips his head back. Taehyung’s tongue is tracing his muscles in fine detail and Jimin’s stomach can’t get any tighter. His arms start to shake slightly in their efforts to keep him up. “He can’t do that,” Jimin says breathlessly.

Taehyung’s kisses are dangerously low now, and Taehyung makes a satisfied sound that vibrates against his skin. Then Taehyung presses the fabric of Jimin’s shirt back to his lips, cold now from being wet and exposed, but Jimin immediately raises his head to take it back into his mouth, locking his elbows as Taehyung now has full faculties of both of his hands, which press onto either of Jimin’s hips.

“Mine,” Taehyung growls against his skin, and that’s when he really starts to work.

He takes the tender skin between Jimin’s right hip bone and the waistband of his jeans between his teeth and starts to . Jimin’s breath hitches, high pants starting to break out through his throat. His teeth clamp down around the shirt, which is getting progressively wetter. Jimin can’t tear his eyes away as Taehyung works against him, kissing back up his abdomen, dragging his tongue along to connect the kisses together. He can feel the blood flow stopping in his locked arms, but the sensation of Taehyung’s mouth against him is much more prevalent.

Taehyung looks up for just a second, and then again, and he stops, breathing through his mouth, pushing heat on Jimin’s skin. Jimin’s face flares up into a blush; he can only imagine what he must look like right now, mouth hanging onto his shirt and sweat starting to develop in his hairline.

Taehyung’s eyes are full of something Jimin would rather not put a name to, and then his view is blocked by Taehyung’s hair as Taehyung returns to his stomach, going even rougher than before. His lips press around each thread of muscle, tugging with his teeth and pushing with his tongue until Jimin is all nerves. Jimin shifts under Taehyung’s touches, unable to control his breath as his body jumps and jerks slightly which each new administration of Taehyung’s teeth, and then melts when he soothes him with kisses.

Jimin’s abdomen is red and decorated with constellations of budding bruises. Taehyung runs his long fingers down his handiwork, making Jimin arch into him, his hips lifting off of the bed. Taehyung grins triumphantly, and Jimin is thankful for the glimpse of the normal Taehyung, if anything about him can be called normal. But then Taehyung’s tongue swipes under the waistband of Jimin’s jeans and Jimin is left breathless and reeling again.

Taehyung sits up slightly and removes the shirt from Jimin’s mouth, letting it fall over Jimin’s marked up body. His thumb stays over Jimin’s bottom lip as Jimin sighs a gentle, “Tae,” against it.

“Tae…?” Taehyung prods, raising his brows at him.

“Hyung,” Jimin finishes quickly. “Taehyung--” he’s going to continue, but Taehyung is pulling his lip down, and Jimin reflexively brings Taehyung’s thumb into his mouth with his tongue, eyes closing as he draws against it. It’s a slow and lazy movement, absentmindedly as he starts to come down from the high of frantic thoughts from before, but he jumps when he feels pressure between his legs, the unexpected friction making a high noise fly from his throat. Taehyung grins again, and he moves his hand against him, letting Jimin know he’s far from finished.

It isn’t until Jimin is pinned beneath him, clothes on the floor and left vulnerable, while Taehyung is still fully clothed, and he asks again about Taeyang and Jimin replies with a broken, “Who?” that Taehyung is finally satisfied.