Three

You make me strong but I'm drowning in you

Hongbin quickly became acquainted with Taekwoon. No one dares to trifle with him and so Hongbin's life quickly took a turn for the better. Though still conscious around the senior student, Hongbin's uptight behaviour is starting to loosen up

Meeting Taekwoon after school for lessons is definitely not Hongbin's favourite part of the day but spending time with Taekwoon was and Hongbin looked forward to it every day. The senior student's quiet demeanour was not something everyone could tolerate but around his gang, he would transform into a pretty talkative person with a dark sense of humour and Hongbin liked discovering new things about his new role model.

Watching Hongbin swim clumsily, Taekwoon would be smiling most of the time and anyone who saw them would be able to tell that he enjoyed spending time with the other. It does not require a genius to know that Taekwoon is infatuated with someone lately so Taekwoon is definitely not getting past Hakyeon. The latter has a keen sense for frisky activities and is after all, always the one stopping the two lovebirds on his team from making out after practice every time.

Taekwoon had been particularly distracted of late. Always excusing himself from post practice gatherings, claiming that he would like to practice more. He even brings an extra towel which he neither uses nor loan out to those who needs it. The training boards are also almost always wet whenever Hakyeon drops by for stock take. His team and new juniors have all grown out of using those since donkey years ago so there are no reasons for them to be used.

Staying back after practice one day, Hakyeon parked himself by the gallery on the second floor of the complex for a better cover and view. Watching his friend as the latter continues to swim around lazily instead of diligently practicing, the presence of someone else he hadn't seen before caught his attention just as he was about done texting the radio station of his late arrival.

Taking a closer look, it dawned on Hakyeon that he had indeed seen the person before. The boy who had apologised for spoiling Taekwoon's phone. Taekwoon has never revealed the reason behind the water logged phone but Hakyeon kind of got the drift without him being too explicit about it. A scenario is forming very quickly and so is an evil grin.

Not bothering to turn on more of the lights, instead choosing to work with the lone flood light just below Hakyeon, the stalker, even started his video recording as evidence in case Taekwoon would refute his claims. Taekwoon is in love. It is obvious. He is incredibly gentle and Hakyeon having been friends with the latter for most of his life found it hard to believe that Taekwoon would actually be so nice to any one stranger.

Hongbin is definitely not a new recruit since he did not have the standard issue swim wear. All this inferences are making Hakyeon really excited. He could confront the duo right there and then but Taekwoon would be pissed off and ignore him for weeks thereafter. Watching Taekwoon beam like how he did back then when Hyuk managed to beat his own record after his crazy training, Hakyeon ended up snapping pictures like a paparazzi.

"Hongbin ah. Keep your head higher." "Hongbin ah. You need to keep your hands straight." "Hongbin ah. Keep your breathing steady." Taekwoon would give unusually lenient and loving instructions like that while swimming alongside the novice. They would even frolic unknowingly at times and it is almost frustrating for Hakyeon to watch them remain so shy around one another despite obviously sharing a mutual liking.

"Hongbin." Hakyeon whispered to himself before finally leaving his hiding place and sneaking out of the complex soundlessly. He would spare Taekwoon the embarrassment. For now. Nothing excites him more than knowing Taekwoon is in love since the latter never did invest in a serious relationship before. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asides from receiving personal swimming lessons from Taekwoon, Hongbin had also willingly enrolled into the same boxing school that Taekwoon goes to just two weeks ago, joining the senior student for lessons and staying back for more ‘practice’ after almost every lesson. Today was no different.

"Now faster." Waving the buffer pads wrapped around his lower arm, Taekwoon signalled for Hongbin to increase the velocity of his punches. There is no one else around and the instructor had left nearly an hour ago yet the place is still lit.

"Left lead right cross left hook!" Chanting the mnemonics while Hongbin tries to concentrate on his moves instead of Taekwoon's soothing voice, their relationship have developed a fair bit over a span over a little more than three weeks. For some reason, Taekwoon had decided to become his self-assigned mentor and had been extremely patient as Hongbin had been fast at picking up whatever he needed to learn. At the current moment, they are even sparring and competing for both boxing and swimming.

Meeting frequently so that Taekwoon could impart some important life-saving skills to him, Hongbin no longer feels lonely. He finally has someone to eat dinner with for most evenings. Someone whom he could study with as well as talk to. It was a huge leap from a dull life of fear to an interesting life filled with fun and joy. Hongbin had found himself again. The long lost Hongbin who was all sunshine and laughter.

Taekwoon loved seeing Hongbin work hard and nothing gives him more satisfaction than the bullies leaving his new friend the heck alone. Hongbin insists on keeping the mask and flimsy fringe but not around Taekwoon. The senior student even bought some hair ties so he could secure the annoying locks of hair that is covering the beautiful face.

Apple hair had also become their favourite penalty whenever they sparred. Hongbin knew he would lose but went ahead with accepting the challenges anyway. This time is no different. He would try to get Taekwoon with as little moves as possible, it would be amazing if he could even get a few points off hitting Taekwoon but it wouldn’t be a challenge if it isn’t hard right? “Let's get serious hyung." Grinning widely as he pushes his spectacles up further, Hongbin ran his tongue along the edge of his mouth and Taekwoon's senses went haywire.

Shaking his arms as he tries to suppress his short circuiting neurons, Taekwoon couldn't explain the palpitation since he is barely moving at all. His heart is pounding hard and fast against his ribs just by maintaining a mere minute of eye contact with Hongbin. Taekwoon found it impossible to peel his eyes off those exquisite brown orbs as they remained focused on something else.

Taekwoon had dismissed this unwanted feeling very easily when they were into their first week together but it is impossible to shrug them off now. Trying to keep it together when Hongbin launches a playful attack at first, he lost control the moment Hongbin called out for him so damn affectionately. "Taekwoonie hyung! You there?"

Hongbin had subsequently reached over in an attempt to capture his attention but that only caused a curled up hand to be catapulted instinctively, propelled from his body and into Hongbin’s face, sending Hongbin's glasses flying out of the ring. The smaller latter was stunned for a moment but assumed it was a sign that Taekwoon is getting serious.

Fighting it out with Taekwoon, Hongbin was bent on continuing their match but that was ended prematurely the moment Taekwoon spots a small bruise forming and a nose bleed in progress. Apparently, he had hit Hongbin a little too hard for his own liking. Grabbing the playful latter by the wrist after discarding his own gloves, Taekwoon quickly pushes Hongbin's head down and uses his own shirt to staunch the epistaxis.

Pulling both of them to the ground, Taekwoon sat facing Hongbin as the latter struggles with his head bobbling up and down. "Shh. Nose bleed." Taekwoon shushes Hongbin while tousling his hair and patting the back of the other’s head which is still buried in his midsection. The younger ones remained still as death thereafter and Taekwoon found himself becoming acutely aware that the latter might hear just how loud and fast his heart is beating. Nevertheless, the bliss of having half of Hongbin in his arms is inhibiting him from breaking the skin contact.

Pulling away after a long moment and scrambling to reach for his glasses, a breath-taking smile remained plastered across Hongbin's face. Trying the slightly bent accessory on, Hongbin sighed a little on noting the cracks on the lens but the coy smile remained.

"Your glasses. I'm sorry." Taekwoon spoke slowly and Hongbin shook his head in response. Tucking the glasses away in his pants pocket, the younger boy lay down on the ground next to Taekwoon while resting a hand on the older boy's thigh.

"Hyung. Please remind me to wear my contacts before we spar again next time." Hongbin joked as Taekwoon hovers over him, checking out the bruise on his nose bridge.

Their eyes locked for a long half a minute and Taekwoon found himself lowering his face as they gaze at one another from an upside down angle. Taekwoon's lips are so close that his breath is tickling Hongbin's nose and the next moment their lips are pressed together. Hongbin did not appear half as shocked as he should be, simply allowing Taekwoon teeth to move and graze against his soft puckers. Then their tongues met and fireworks exploded behind both their eyes, neither could concentrate on anything else.

"Coffee.” “Latte?” Hongbin asked as soon as their lips are disconnected, chuckling breathlessly as Taekwoon continues to admire his features.

 Taekwoon only smirked in response before planting a second kiss on the latter's forehead, flicking aside the lock of hair that was in the way. “Hongbin ah… I”

"Yah Jung Taekwoon! How long are you intending to make us wai..." Slamming the door to the gym shut the moment he enters, the intrusion of a very impatient Hakyeon destroyed the moment. Their upcoming club dinner and the every other meal from after dinner would be a pain since Taekwoon had just been caught kissing Hongbin.