fin

Let's Not Be Friends in the Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene and Seulgi were the best of friends from middle school until now when they are both 21 years old. Seulgi used to be a sad bear with no one to care about her as her parents were killed in a car accident. Irene came around and changed Seulgi’s cold, careless view of the world. All was well as Seulgi’s grades went up and they soon graduated at the top of their class. As high school ended, most friends would go on their own paths, breaking their friendships. But, Irene and Seulgi still were the best of friends as they went to the same university. Everything was good until one day, Irene started to date a guy in their university, Kim Taehyung also known as V.

 

“ Hey Seulgi, guess what?” Irene smiled one day after class.
“Hm? “ Seulgi was reading her textbook when Irene hugged her.

“ I’m dating Taehyungie now!” The latter explained and smiled happily.
“A-ah jinja? Congrats unni. Make sure he takes good care of you.” Seulgi could only pull a fake smile and hold back the tears that were threatening to drop.


The days Irene and Seulgi spent together were less and less. Every night, Seulgi would come home to emptiness and waited for Irene’s return, which did not happen most of the days. Little did Seulgi know that Wendy, their new friend had a severe crush on Seulgi. As the months went by and months became years, Wendy was the one who comforted Seulgi when she felt down, dark and hopeless instead of Irene. Seulgi became the most broken person during those years of college. She started drinking, cutting, and having with random people. But during the day  time, she would always act normal towards everyone especially Irene, who she would greet with a big  fake smile and a bear hug everyday.

 

“Seulgi-ah, why are you wearing a huge sweater in the heat hm?” Irene asked curiously as she tilted her head when they were walking home with Wendy.
“I-I feel cold.” Seulgi gulped as she lied to Irene for the first time because she did not want Irene to see the cuts on her arms.
Luckily, Wendy knew what the situation was and dragged Seulgi to a private place. “Kang Seulgi, show me your arms now.”

Seulgi could only comply to Wendy’s demand and looked down as she rolled up her sleeves.
“Kang Seulgi… why do you do this to yourself huh? Just because of Irene? There are many other girls out there for you.” Wendy cried as she hugged Seulgi who didn’t hug back.

“Because she is the only person I love. She changed me from a cold person to a happy and now back to a cold one.” Seulgi looked up.

 

The next day, Wendy took Seulgi to the doctor and she got diagnosed with depression which wasn’t a surprise. Wendy promised to take care of Seulgi and moved into Irene and Seulgi’s house. When Irene went on dates with Taehyung, Wendy would try to cheer Seulgi up which eventually it would work and Seulgi spent more time with Wendy rather than Irene who was always oblivious about her best friend.

“Hey, Seulgi why do keep taking medication?” Irene hummed and put on her makeup.

Seulgi looked at Wendy to help her out with puppy eyes. “She’s having constipation so I gave her some meds.”

 

“Aigoo, take care of yourself neh?” Irene smiled and kissed Seulgi’s forehead.
“A-ah neh.” Seulgi smiled like a dorky bear once again while Irene ruffled Seulgi’s hair.

“I-I got to go on a date with Taehyungie now. Wendy-ah take care of Seulgi when I’m gone hm?” Irene wore her shoes and hugged Seulgi.

To be honest, Irene was always jealous of how close  Wendy and Seulgi were because Seulgi was hers not Wendy’s. But, she focused more on Taehyung and noticed how in love she was with him.

 

As the seasons changed, Seulgi became paler and easily got sick. She rarely took classes which made Irene worry because Irene moved into Taehyung’s apartment a few months ago, leaving the dorm for Seulgi and Wendy to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter