Chapter Two

Soul Mission

Fifteen years ago .... (Normal POV)

 

Eight year old Takuya sobbed silently as he sat under a tree in the backyard of the orphanage. He was alone and that wasn’t anything new, because he had lost his parents and his brother there was no one left in his life. Since then, he had been bullied countless times, and because he was quiet and distant he was somewhat powerless against them. Takuya looked at the bruise forming on his hand, it was from one of the older kids stepped on his hand. He told himself to not cry, but his body was betraying him.

 

Suddenly, he saw someone kneeling in front of him and he slowly looked up to meet the other’s gaze. Instead of the cold eyes he was used to seeing, he saw a warm and happy pair of eyes. The boy in front of him didn’t look much older than him and had a babyish face.

 

“Hello~” He said cheerfully to Takuya and smiled, “Why are you sitting here by yourself?” Takuya remained silent and quickly wiped away his tears, even though it was clearly already noticed.

 

“My name is Shin Wonho …… What is your name?” Shin asked, his smile was still there. 

 

Present ....

 

Takuya splashed cold water on his face as he stood in the bathroom after meeting the group's new leader. He couldn't believe that it was Shin. Even though it has been fifteen years since the last time Takuya met the male, Shin still looked the same as ever. Looking at his reflection in the mirror, Takuya sighed and lowered his head again. "Why are you here ...?" he mumbled. 

"Chinggu ah~" Takuya looked back up when he heard the familiar voice and saw none other than Shin standing behind him. The bright smile he had as a child never changed either. Shin walked over to the counter and leaned back against it while he looked at Takuya. "What's wrong? You're not happy to see me?"

Takuya dried his face with a paper towel and silently bowed his head before heading towards the door. "Wait." Shin said and Takuya did just that, he didn't know why he did though. Shin pushed off the counter and walked until he stood in front of Takuya. "Takuya... Do you ... not remember me at all?" he asked, his face clearly showing hurt. 

"No ... I remember you ..." Shin smiled at Takuya's answer only to have the smile wiped off again, "but I hope we won't have to talk again unless it's regarding missions."

"Wah, still as cold as ever huh?" Shin sighed and playfully wrapped an arm around Takuya, "Just the same old Taku-chan I love."

"Y-yah! Let go of me." Takuya blushed lightly at the old nickname Shin called him and he pulled free from the other. He wiped the blush off his face and glared at the other male, "Is this any way a leader is supposed to behave?"

"hmmmm..." Shin pretended to be thinking and shook his head, "I don't know, but this is how I am and there is nothing that is going to change it." he chuckled. Takuya sighed and shook his head before going out the door, but as he entered the hall he collided into Sangmin, who was listening to their conversation the entire time. 

"I ... I wasn't ..." Sangmin chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head, "I didn't hear anything ... I swear."

Takuya didn't even spare him a look before walking down the hall and back to his desk. Leaving a smiling Shin and a dumbfounded Sangmin behind. Shin walked over to Sangmin and patted his shoulder, "Don't take it too personal, Takuya is always like that." with that Shin went to his own office, leaving Sangmin even more dumbfounded. 

"Yah, Kim Sangmin!" Seyoung called to him and snapped him out of thought.

"U-uh... coming!" he replied and ran back to the group as they were discussing their plans for their new mission.  As they did, Sangmin kept stealing looks at Takuya who seemed like he was uninterested in the whole operation all together. Yongseok, who was sitting beside Sangmin, noticed him keep looking at Takuya and nudged him with his elbow. "Yah, what's wrong with you?"

"w-what?" Sangmin looked at the other and tried to look like nothing was wrong, "nothing is wrong. I'm just thinking about our strategy is all." 

"You keep-" Sangmin stompped on the maknae's foot and gave him a look to be quiet but he had already gained the attention from everyone at the table. He looked at everyone at the table and smiled nervously, "C-continue ..."

"Anyway ..." Seyoung rolled his eyes and sighed, "So our mission is to our client safetly from her safe house to the courthouse."

"When did we start taking such kind of jobs? Can't the police handle it?" Casper asked as he looked over the papers in front of him, "All she did was witness a murder."

As everyone continued to talk about the mission, Takuya read the foot notes about the murder over and over again. His hand shook as he held the paper but he stopped it with his other hand before the others saw. 'After all these years .... you've finally shown yourself again.' Takuya's jaw clenched as the images of his parents flashed through his mind. The way they died were exactly like the one that the mission was talking about. Though it said that the culprit was captured, he knew in his heart that it couldn't be the same person who murdered his family. It was probably a sacrifical lamb that was taking the fall for his boss, but in order for him to know for sure, he had to see the person himself.

"But our client is no ordinary person." Shin's voice broke Takuya out of thought and made him look up at the leader, "She is the daughter of a high government offical. Though it is just a murder, she witnessed something that no one should ever have to endure seeing. Is there a problem with taking his kind of mission?"

"No." they all answered but Takuya, who just looked away from him. 

"Every mission that is given to you is important, no one is to turn down a mission unless autherized by me." Shin said and looked at everyone until his eyes stopped at Takuya, "Understood?"

Sangmin looked between the two and then away again, trying to make sense of how they knew each other. Takuya stood up from his chair and walked to the door, "I'm going to check my equipment." was all he said before disappearing down the hall. Shin sighed and just silently watched as Takuya disappeared into the distance. Though he wanted to follow him, Shin knew that Takuya wanted to be alone. 

 

 

Fifteen years ago...

 

 

"Taku-chan~" Shin ran over to his friend as he entered the orphanage and gave him the biggest bear hug a nine year old could give. Takuya whined about not being able to breathe and pulled away from the overly excited boy. 

"I missed you. Did you miss me?" Shin asked and Takuya only looked away. With a pout, Shin walked around the other until they were facing each other again, "Yah~ didn't you miss your friend?"

"I don't want to play today..." Takuya mumbled and looked at him, "Leave me alone, okay?!" with that he walked back to his regular tree and sat down, hugging his knees to his chest and hiding his face in it. The other kids tried to get Shin to play with them instead of paying attention to Takuya, but he ignored them and followed Takuya. He sat beside the other and rubbed his back comfortingly. Though he didn't know why the other was being so distant, Shin thought that if he continued to stay by his side that he would be a happy and cheerful person. 

Takuya lifted his head up from his knees and he turned his head to look at Shin. He flung Shin's hand away and scooted further from him. Shin sighed and scooted closer to him to close the gap between them again and continued to rub his back. "Taku-chan~ do you hate me that much, huh?"

"Yes, now leave me alone." Takuya answered without lifting his head. Shin sighed and leaned his head against Takuya's shoulder, "but, you'll miss me if I disappear~ Right?" Shin asked but got no reply. He smiled and poked Takuya on the side, causing the other to flinch. 

"Stop it."

poke.

Takuya squirmed and flinched, "y-yah, I told you to stop." 

Shin smiled, "Ah~ someone is ticklish~" he laughed and started to attack the other with tickles. Finally, Takuya broke from his position and started to laugh. That was the first time in a long time that Takuya finally laughed. It was a voice that Shin was never going to forget.

 

 

Present......

 

 

'I doubt ... tickling you will open you up to me like before ...' Shin said in his head before going back to talking to the others about their strategy. 

 


A/N: Please leave me a comment below~ thank you^^ -takuyaforever