Chapter One

Soul Mission

"Stay here Takuya." his mother ordered in a hushed voice as she hid seven year old Takuya in a corner of the room, "Whatever happens, no matter what you hear, stay quiet okay?"

"But okaa-san..."

"Stay quiet." his mother reminded him and pushed a bookself so that it shielded Takuya from being found. As soon as she did, the doors bursted open and all Takuya could hear was cries of pain from his mother. Frantically, Takuya looked for any way to see what was happening. Peeping through a hole that was in the bookshelf, Takuya's eyes widened in both fear and shock. From what he could see through the limited view, he saw his father's mutilated body sprawled on the ground, while his mother was being strangled by a man wearing dark clothes. 

 

 

(Takuya's POV)

My eyes snapped opened as I sat up in my dark bedroom. Beads of cold sweat covered my entire body, my heart racing as if it was going to burst out of my chest. It's only been a few weeks since my last dream of that night; I wasn't expecting to have it again and yet I did. Leaning my forehead against my knees, I closed my eyes and tried to even my breathing again.    

For sixteen years now, I've been haunted by my past. The image of my parents' lifeless bodies still fresh in my mind as if it just happened. I felt a clench at my heart as I thought about them and my brother, my twin brother, Takumi Terada. Ever since the incident sixteen years ago, Takumi went missing. While others think that he is dead though, I still feel that he is still alive somewhere. I guess you could call it a twin connection. Ever since then, I made it my goal to find the killer. I wanted to get revenge, no, I needed it.

At my cell phone going off on my nightstand, I turned my head to look at it. A sigh leaving my lips as I read the ID caller.

 

Incoming call from ...

Kim Sangmin

 

Decline                  Accept

 

Six years ago, I joined a secret organization who went by the name of Cross Gene. They’re a group made up of very intelligent people, handpicked by the government to assist in daily crisis. Though we work to help the people, we had to work in secret. The only reason for me even joining in the first place, was so I could use their connections to find my brother. 

With a sigh, I reached for my phone and slid the screen to accept the call, “Terada.” As soon as I said that, I had to pull the phone away from my ear as his annoyingly loud voice screamed through the phone.

“You are planning on coming to work today right? I’m getting my chewed because you’re not here yet hyung!” Sangmin whined.

“Calm down Sangmin.” I sighed and got off my bed, “I’ll be there when I get there.”

“But, hyung, the new leader is going to be here soon. I think it’s best if-“

“I will get there when I get there. I’m hanging up.” With that being said I did just that. Sangmin always had a tendency to be over exaggerating. But, he isn’t the only one that is in the group. There’s also Lee Seyoung, Zhong Ze Xiang but we call him Casper, and Kim Yongseok.

Seyoung is two years older than me, which kind of surprises me because though he is older he hadn’t been appointed as leader yet. Keyword being yet because I do think that maybe in the future that he would have a chance at that. Casper is the second oldest; like me, he tends to be very distant. He does talk more to the group than I do, but he is a mysterious one. Sangmin is ... well, he is a very unique character. He doesn't know when to quit sometimes, and it causes the rest of us to pick up the pieces. Yongseok is the maknae of the group; though he is the youngest, he has potential. He tends to speak to us without honorifics but it doesn’t bother me as much as it does to the others.

All five of us has been working together for the past six years, but as everyone else grew close I chose to keep my distance. It wasn’t because I didn’t like them, in fact, I felt like they’re family to me. Though I may not show how I feel about them, I do care about them, I just hate to admit it. Because I've kept my distance though, I can feel that they dislike me a lot. Especially, Sangmin, who I just hung up on. 

 

(Normal POV)----Cross Gene Headquarters

 

"Wah~ he just-" Sangmin let out a breath of disbelief, "Why is he such a jerk?" All the members but Takuya was present in the room, and though Sangmin disliked the other, he still worried about him sometimes. 

"If you knew that then why call him in the first place?" Yongseok sighed as he played a game on his phone. Sangmin tossed the phone in his hand on his desk and leaned back against his chair. "Why does he have to be like that though? It won't hurt to be a little nice." he pouted slightly and glared at Takuya's desk. 

"It's been six years now, if he was going to change then he would've done that by now." Seyoung said and continued to type on the computer on his desk. At his comment, Sangmin rolled his chair to the older and leaned his chin on Seyoung's shoulder like a little kid. 

"But hyung~ Can't you talk to him? You are the oldest amongst us."

"Not my problem." Seyoung sighed and pushed Sangmin's head away, "As long as the job is done, it doesn't matter whether or not he talks to us."

"Wah~" Sangmin wrapped his arms around himself as if he was cold, "You and him are so alike in many ways too..."

Seyoung rolled his eyes and went back to working and ignoring Sangmin. "So cold ..." Sangmin sighed and rolled his chair back to his desk. Casper who was sitting at his desk just silently shook his head and continued to clean his semi-automatic gun. Though he was closer to the guys than Takuya was, he didn't talk unless he felt that he needed to. 

Right then, the doors opened and a fully dressed Takuya walked into the room. Everyone looked up at him but didn't say a word, there was no point if there wasn't going to be a reply back. As soon as Takuya sat at his desk, another male walked in and caught their attention. Takuya's eyes widened a bit as he saw who it was, and the other just smiled brightly.

"Good morning everyone." the man said and bowed slightly to show respect, "I will be your new team leader. Shin Wonho."

 


A/N: sorry for the short first chapter but I thought that this would've been a good place to stop^^ Please leave me a comment below and subscribe! -takuyaforever