Chapter 8

Sacrifice ~ 3rd Arc of Cursed Series~

Chapter 8

Changmin launched out from where he was when Jaejoong’s body fell on the ground. He knew Yoochun would be okay with Yoohwan. The Hell Gate all the evil creatures before it disappeared for good, but Changmin could care less.

“Hyung---he’s not breathing!!!” Junsu cried.

Junsu was sobbing, again. One of these days Changmin had to remind them he’s the youngest one here. He was supposed to be the one doing crying. That’s why he didn’t even resist when tears began to crawl into his cheek.

“Jae---!” Yunho’s broken voice didn’t help at all. Junsu was still hugging Jaejoong’s lifeless body. Junho tried to chant spell but nothing worked out. Yunho began to cry. Why was everyone crying? Didn’t they know crying belong to the youngest one?! Changmin needed to make sure he made everyone remembered the rule.

“I’m sorry…” Junho finally said,” There’s nothing I can do. His soul is too damaged to revive…”

“No! Jaejoong hyung! You have to come back! Even stupid Chunnie came back!” Junsu cried. Changmin finally kneeled next to Junsu. He could hear Yoochun cursed behind him and asked to get closer. Yoohwan was probably dragging Yoochun’s body toward them.

Changmin knew deep inside, this might happen. He just didn’t want to believe it. It’s almost ironic how the sky cleared up and everything almost returned to normal. Junho let go of his void and everything was back to their place. It’s almost like they’re bunch of crazy people in the park crying.

That’s when Changmin saw spark of light came out from Jaejoong’s body. He reached out and he managed to touch the light. It was so warm and reminded him of Jaejoong so much. He noticed no one saw the light, except him. Why?

Maybe because Jaejoong saved him once and it’s time to return the favor. Changmin began to collect the lights and put them into his arms. They began to resemble them into bigger light and the others began to pay attention to what he did. They might though he’s losing his mind.

No, Changmin knew exactly what he was doing. He finally finished collecting the light. Carefully, he got closer to Jaejoong’s body and put the light in. The light was what was left of Jaejoong’s soul. Changmin knew, he just hoped it was enough.

“What have you---“ Junho couldn’t continue his sentence when everyone’s attention was caught by a soft movement. Junsu was the first one to feel it; Jaejoong’s finger twitched.

“Hyung!”

“Jaejoong!”

“Open your eyes, Jae!”

Then Jaejoong did open his eyes again. He could feel how bright the morning sunlight blinded his sight. It was almost too much. He blinked once and twice as he breathed the fresh air. Before he could mutter a thing, he was surrounded by too many people and he could barely take another breathe. They’re squeezing him.

“…Can’t breathe---“ Jaejoong’s soft plead caused the crowd to break up. Junsu was still hugging Jaejoong though. Changmin sighed as he made a mental note to remind Junsu who’s the youngest one later on, again. Changmin didn’t like skin ship that much but he would need some now.

“Changmin---“ Yunho was about to catch the youngest when Changmin fell down on the grass. Yet, before he could, Yunho felt so weak and he couldn’t get up. The same thing happened to Junsu and Yoochun. Jaejoong could barely ask what’s wrong when dark aura came out from their bodies.

“It’s okay; I think it’s the curse…” Yoohwan spoke as he looked to Junho.

“Yes, it’s,” Junho confirmed,” You should be human now…”

Jaejoong finally managed to sit by himself. He began to touch the others to support them but he’s still too weak. It surprised him when Junsu lost his consciousness as Yunho, Yoochun, and Changmin did the same.

“Why are they---“ Jaejoong checked their pulse and they’re fine; it’s almost like they’ve fallen asleep. Jaejoong eyed Yoohwan and Junho worriedly; the Archangels were in their human form and they’re just smiling. It’s enough for Jaejoong to know it’d be okay.

“We should move all of you…People are looking at us with funny eyes,” Yoohwan spoke.

“I have no idea how to move five immobile humans without my wings,” Junho commented.

“That’s why humans have their back without wings, to do this,” Yoohwan spoke as he piggyback the unconscious Yoochun. He took Yoochun to a nearby road as suddenly a car appeared out of nowhere. People didn’t care about the fact a freaking car just appeared. It had to be the Archangel’s power.

“Fine, look after the rest of them,” Junho sighed as he took Junsu. Jaejoong pulled Yunho and Changmin into his laps as he looked at their innocent sleeping face. It really reminded him of old time when they would just sleep together. Everything almost felt so normal and Jaejoong couldn’t feel any trace of darkness inside of him. It almost felt so good to be true.

“So, can you walk…hyung?” Yoohwan asked when he’s back and was about to take Changmin.

“I think so…” Jaejoong tried to get up after Junho came to take Yunho. Jaejoong managed to stand up. He’s still weak but somehow he managed to get to the car. It was freaking Lamborghini; Jaejoong just realized that. That’s how the car managed to fit all of them.

“Do you have any place we can go to?” Junho asked as they finally got in. Jaejoong noticed none of the Archangel was driving, so probably they used one of their underlings to drive.

“Yunho’s place,” Jaejoong told the address and they went there. Junho went away for a bit before he reappeared with a ton of blanket. He gave each of them one, even Jaejoong.

“It’s getting cold and you’re not immune to cold anymore…” Junho reminded.

“Thank you…” Jaejoong spoke,” I mean, thank you for giving us a chance to live as human again.”

“You bought this upon yourself. It was a brilliant plan,” Junho spoke indifferent.

“And yet, you said we might end the world if the plan didn’t work out,” Yoohwan spoke, only to get a death stare from Junho. Jaejoong couldn’t help but to chuckle softly.

Then, they stayed silent in their journey. Jaejoong knew it probably took another hour to get into Yunho’s place. He knew Yoohwan and Junho used their power too much so this was probably the most normal way to go.

Jaejoong could feel his eyelids began to feel heavy. He tried to keep them open but Yoohwan said he could sleep. Jaejoong didn’t want to but he couldn’t help it. He managed to see Yoohwan was connecting his hand to Yoochun’s. Junho just sat next to Junsu but Jaejoong knew those stares; it reminded him of the way he looked at all of them as his precious family.

Then everything went black, but it was a nice feeling, not the usual darkness. It was almost like Jaejoong finally could have a rest after such a long time. It was warm and comfortable. He didn’t feel alone at all. Jaejoong didn’t feel afraid anymore.

It was almost too good and Jaejoong wanted to remain there forever. Yet, he knew he needed to wake up, especially when a bright light shone upon his face. Then, he opened his eyes again. He was in the most ridiculous position he ever found himself after waking up.

Junsu was sleeping on his stomach and Changmin was using Junsu’s as pillow. Yoochun sprawled over them on the floor. Jaejoong himself was using Yunho’s arm as pillow. He noticed Junsu’s feet were pocking Yunho on the cheek. How he wished he could take a picture.

Jaejoong slowly moved as he looked around, they’re in Yunho’s place. More like in his spacious living room on top of piled up pillow and blanket. Wait, Jaejoong remembered those blankets. They’re the one Junho got for them in the car. Wait, where’s Junho and Yoohwan? Jaejoong got up and searched for them, yet, he couldn’t find them.

Then, Jaejoong noticed on the dining table there’re two letters. One was addressed for Yoochun and the other one was for Junsu. There’re also two feathers next to each of them. It was enough for Jaejoong to know who wrote them.