Just Right

The Reason Is

Baekhyun stared. He was still grinning quite horribly, eyebrow raised and clearly undeterred by Chanyeol's reluctance to continue playing. "Truth or dare?" Baekhyun repeated.

"Ugh," Chanyeol groaned. "Fine, fine. Truth."

Baekhyun clapped his hands together with glee; clearly this was what he'd wanted. "Why'd you pick me?"

Welp. Chanyeol had really set himself up for that one but he still wasn't prepared to answer the question. Noticing this, Tao reminded him helpfully, "No take backs." Chanyeol decided he really didn't like Baekhyun's friends.

"I'm not exactly experienced," Chanyeol admitted shyly, looking down at the floor and twisting the hem of his tshirt as he spoke. "What if I was a bad kisser?"

"You weren't," Baekhyun reassured Chanyeol far too quickly. His honesty piqued Sehun's interest but no one else seemed to notice the moment and Sehun let it pass.

"But what if I was?" Chanyeol practically whined. The tips of his ears turned pink again. "With you at least there was no expectations. If I picked Sehun," he faltered over his crush's name and didn't dare look to the other side of the room where Sehun sat watching the exchange, "And I was a bad kisser, that would have just been awful."

The room was silent for half a second as its occupants processed this. Suho spoke for everyone--well, everyone who wasn't Sehun or Baekhyun--when he declared, "Lame. You could have made out with the guy you're into and you didn't." He rolled his eyes, evidently unimpressed with Chanyeol's decision making skills. "I'm done with this game."

"Oh thank god," Kyungsoo agreed. He shook his head, rearranging his bangs to hang properly across his forehead, and clasped his hands together. Kai made a sound of discontent but he was ignored as Kyungsoo suggested "Movie?"

"Please," Chanyeol begged. "Please let's watch a movie." Everyone laughed and Chanyeol's shoulders visibly lowered once Baekhyun stood up to find the remote. Finally he could relax.

Unfortunately for Chanyeol, though, his relief was short lived. Baekhyun, after discovering the elusive remote stuffed deep into the cushions of his and Kyungsoo's couch, tossed the device to Kyungsoo, shut the lights off in the living room, then settled himself back into Chanyeol's lap. Everyone had shifted a little to get comfortable for a more long term activity, and there was plenty of room left on the floor next to Chanyeol where Baekhyun had moved right before the game finished. In other words there was really no plausible explanation for Baekhyun's seat on Chanyeol's thighs, but the smaller boy merely shot Chanyeol a crooked smile when Chanyeol made a sound of surprise. No one else noticed, or else no one said anything.

"You're comfortable," Baekhyun whispered into Chanyeol's ear some minutes into the start of the movie Kyungsoo had selected on Netflix. To get close enough for Chanyeol to hear him without disturbing everyone else's peace Baekhyun had to turn into Chanyeol's chest, place a steadying hand against the fabric of his tshirt, and stretch his neck so his lips brushed the crevices of Chanyeol's ear. "And we make a nice fit," he added thoughtfully. "Don't you think?"

Thoughts of other parts of him which might fit well with Baekhyun came unbidden to Chanyeol's mind and he gulped, hoping against hope that Baekhyun wouldn't be able to feel his body's involuntary response to those thoughts. No such luck.

Baekhyun chuckled, lightly, then ducked when a pillow flew his way courtesy of Kyungsoo. "Flirt on your own time," Kyungsoo grumbled like he hadn't seen this particular film at least once before. Baekhyun laughed again but this time kept his amusement to silent huffs into the skin of Chanyeol's neck where his face was still pressed from when he'd spoken earlier.

"He's just mad no one dared him to make out with his crush," Baekhyun informed Chanyeol knowledgeably.

Something about that struck Chanyeol and suddenly he froze, body stiffening under Baekhyun to the point where the smaller boy could actually feel Chanyeol tensing up.

"You good?" He wondered curiously. The movie was long forgotten by this point but Baekhyun couldn't seem to care. Not when Chanyeol looked right at him and asked "His crush?" like he completely understood the implications behind Baekhyun's verbal slip-up.

Baekhyun tried to change the subject, even going so far as to turn back to the movie and try to slip off Chanyeol's lap. He was surprised by the strong arms which slid around his waist to keep him still in Chanyeol's lap, and even more surprised by the press of warm lips to the space between his neck and his ear. Chanyeol was kissing him. Voluntarily.

"Nuh-uh," Chanyeol murmured. His breath on Baekhyun's neck was shiver inducing but Baekhyun thought he'd felt a hint of Chanyeol's earlier and tried not to squirm too much at the sensation when Chanyeol kept talking. "You like me?"

Baekhyun sighed but nodded. "I like you like Kyungsoo likes Kai, yes," he admitted. "And like you like Sehun."

"I'm not so sure I do like Sehun," Chanyeol whispered against Baekhyun's neck, pressing a kiss against the pulse there. "Or I do but maybe not exclusively? Because I'm definitely starting to like you too."

His grip on Baekhyun's waist tightened and he pulled the smaller boy flush against his chest. Evidently Chanyeol in the safety of Netflix and darkness was much bolder than the Chanyeol who hid behind his studies and made awkward confessions during party games. This Chanyeol was much more like the one who'd surfaced when Baekhyun had kissed him, and this Chanyeol was someone Baekhyun really, really liked. Baekhyun had seen this side of the other boy when no one else had bothered, and it was unbelievably exhilarating to be the one to bring Chanyeol out of the shell he'd built to protect himself. Baekhyun had silently liked Chanyeol for so long, in fact, that he wasn't even strictly bothered by the idea that he wasn't the sole owner of Chanyeol's feelings. Chanyeol liking him even just a little bit was far more than Baekhyun had imagined possible; so what if the only reason Chanyeol maybe liked him at all was because Baekhyun wasn't a horrible kisser either. Baekhyun decided he'd cross that bridge when he came to it.

Right now he just wanted to revel in the heat of Chanyeol's hands on his waist and the touch of Chanyeol's lips to his skin. Actually, what Baekhyun really wanted was to kiss the other boy again and when he turned his head to do so, he was pleased to feel Chanyeol eagerly kissing back.

Behind him--and through the haze of Chanyeol's tongue in his mouth and Chanyeol's lips on his--Baekhyun could hear Suho and Tao chortling over the movie. Apparently Kyungsoo had selected a comedy--not that Baekhyun had been paying enough attention to notice. Kyungsoo was just as enthralled and Kai was whining softly about the lack of attention he was getting. Sehun seemed to be the only one who even realized that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were kissing again, though that might have been because he'd been quietly observing the two since the dare. Evidently he liked what he saw because he pulled Kai's attention away from bothering Kyungsoo to comment offhandedly, "You know, I wouldn't have minded."

Kai seemed confused so Sehun clarified. "If Chanyeol had picked me."

That Kai understood. "He seems like a bomb kisser, at least," he agreed, petulantly tossing the words in Kyungsoo's direction and hoping to get a rise out of the extremely focused older boy.

Baekhyun pulled away from Chanyeol, smirking when the taller boy blushed as heavily as he was breathing and hid his face in Baekhyun's shoulder. "He is," Baekhyun reiterated smugly. "And Sehun," he called out after a moment, ducking again when Kyungsoo tossed another cushion at him for disturbing the peace, "Give me a few weeks to break him in and I'll get back to you about letting him kiss you."

Chanyeol flailed his arms a little in righteous indignation. "I'm not a toy!" He squawked loudly. "You can't just pass me around whenever you want!"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Chill, Chanyeol. I'm just joking." He caught Chanyeol and Sehun's expressions as both fell a little in obvious disappointment. Well, obvious to Baekhyun at least. "Maybe."

"I'll say this again," Kai interrupted the grin that spread over Baekhyun's face and the tentative smile and shy peck that Sehun and Chanyeol gave the smaller boy respectively. "Please just hook up already. The is legit killing me."