If You Do

The Reason Is

"Truth."

Chanyeol tried to say it confidently but he had begun to feel the cheapness of the beer as the chemicals lined his throat so it came out a lot more like a frightened squeak than he'd been hoping.

"Boring," Tao mocked but Suho shushed him with the slight pressure of a hand on Tao's thigh, and so Baekhyun continued as if he'd never been interrupted in the first place.

His grin was evil and all of a sudden the look in his new friend's eyes made Chanyeol very nervous. And with good reason because Baekhyun's next words were a smiling "If you could make out with anyone in this room, who would it be?"

Baekhyun already knew of course which is why Chanyeol felt compelled to answer with a shyly truthful "Um, Sehun-ssi," even though everyone who's played truth or dare knows that no one's ever that honest about it. Thankfully, Baekhyun's friends laughed and Sehun's cheeks tinged slightly pink but he brushed it off with another head nod at Chanyeol, who was now tasked with asking the next person.

He picked Sehun because he was ever aware of his crush anyway, and also because it seemed the logical choice given Chanyeol's answer.

"Truth or dare, Sehun-ssi?" Chanyeol asked this formally, which would have been strange if anyone were sober enough to point out that Chanyeol had easily slipped into banmal with the rest of them from the moment he arrived. As is, no one commented on it and Sehun was soon asked about his ideal type in response to his calm "Truth."

To everyone's, but especially Chanyeol's, disappointment Sehun remained as aloof and collected as he'd been the whole night, offering a curtly smug answer of "Male," before refusing to say anything more.

"Ey," Kai grumped at his friend and roommate, "this game's no fun for the rest of us if you're vague like that." Personally, Chanyeol agreed, but he'd discovered that Sehun was certifiably gay, at least, and that counted for something, right?

Sehun ignored Kai's remark, looking past the Kim boy to Suho to ask "Truth or dare?"

"Dare." Suho's face was flushed—"Probably from adrenaline," Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol—but he seemed confident in his choice and didn't complain too much when dared to sit in another player's lap for the rest of the game. When he did display a small moment of uncertainty, Sehun was there to direct him to Tao, thereby vacating Suho's spot on the couch for Sehun to take for himself.

"Cheater," Kai muttered lowly before throwing a pillow at his self-satisfied friend.

This behavior went on for a few rounds; Chanyeol generally chose truth, Sehun generally annoyed Kai, and the others generally enjoyed themselves by asking all sorts of invasive truth questions and inventing all manner of crazy dares.

Kyungsoo, for instance, who was dared to Kai's ear for a solid five seconds, didn't place his tongue anywhere expected and ended up sensuously tracing Kai's ear cavity while Baekhyun counted down the clock. Baekhyun, in turn, was asked to describe his most embarrassing ual experience, and went into such graphically horrific detail that Tao, despite his body's reaction to still being seated under a squirming Suho, vowed to remain celibate forever. Tao was then dared to spell his name with his , which he did with a slew of cute wiggles before he dared Sehun to do a body roll off everyone in the room.

Miraculously Chanyeol didn't pass out when Sehun's warm body rippled sensuously against his own, but his courage in that moment was more or less a show of false bravado which ended the moment after Chanyeol then responded to Suho's prompt with his first ever "Dare." His regret was instantaneous, but as he'd been told, no take backs allowed.

"Kiss someone in the room, with tongue, for no less than 30 seconds." Suho heard Chanyeol's apprehensive intake of breath just as well as the others, but he was a take no prisoners type, and settling back into Tao's lap Suho could be seen grinning widely, clearly pleased with himself.

They'd been playing Truth or Dare for a while by this point, so everyone could tell that Chanyeol sort of liked Sehun, even Sehun himself. No one was ready, then, for Chanyeol's choice of kissing partner because the name he said when making his selection wasn't Sehun but a different one entirely.

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol declared with a confidence in his choice that no one else in the room understood. "I'll kiss Baekhyun."