D-DAY

Just One Day

D-DAY

    “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” You couldn't help but raise your voice, I mean come on!

    “I’m sorry but all of the 21B buses aren’t running today.” The man at the station calmly replied. Great. How are you going to get to the dorm now? Your shoes were NOT made for walking. You stumbled out of the bus station and frustratedly looked for an answer. ‘Maybe I could call a friend…’  You took out your pretty pink iPhone only to be even more disappointed to see that it was dead. Suddenly turning into the God of Destruction, you connect your phone to your portable battery, nearly breaking its cord.

    “Excuse me!” At that moment a lady on a bike almost ran you over. Before you could turn to look back at her your vision focused on the shop in the back, a bike rental shop. It was the only way.

    “One bike for the day please!”

 

    Finally, after a half hour you were able to arrive to the boy’s dorm. Bless deodorant am I right? You left the bike in the front and fixed yourself. It was only 4PM, not too late and not too early, hopefully. You hesitated a bit and then knocked on their door. Before the door opened you heard shouts and thumping, some screams maybe as well. The oldest, Seokjin flung the front door open, surprising you just a bit. In the back you can see Jimin and Jungkook chasing after Jin. A few heads from the back, Namjoon and Taehyung, peered from the side. Very suddenly all eyes were on you and everyone froze. Flustered Jin was pushed aside by the maknae line as they screamed in joy and ran over to hug you.

    “Y/N!!!” You had always gotten along with the boys, going out to the park on their free days, bringing them snacks while their at the studio, waiting for them backstage sometimes as well, but you didn’t think they’d be this excited to see you. If anything, you thought you’d be the only ones excited to see them.

“Hiii~ Y/N! We missed you!” Hoseok half screamed half whined since he didn’t get much screen-time on your phone the past few months. He jumped up and down, doing his little ‘War of Hormone’ solo while Namjoon playfully held on to your shoulders.

“Hey! It’s good to see you Y/N.” Namjoon messed and ruffled up your hair that took you at least an hour to do and laughed along with the others when you desperately tried to fix it. Clearly their inner children came out and someone had to be their to hush them.

    “You’re all so loud.” Yoongi, who didn’t seem so full of ‘suga’ that night, groggily stumped out of another room as everyone pulled away from you. He looked at you and gave you a small smile but then left into the kitchen.

    Uh oh! You lost!” Everyone took note of the electronic sound coming from the other room.

    “My game!” Taehyung flailed his arms and ran through the archway, followed by Jimin and Jungkook, then Namjoon. The hopiest of hope, j-hope, had his arm around your shoulders and just when he was about to give you an exaggerated tour of the dorm (for the hundredth time) and tell you about all the places he went to, Jin motioned him to leave. He gave those eyes as if you were at a family party, making your mother look bad infront of her evil step-sister of some sort.

    “Ah~ Sorry sorry!” Hoseok scurried into the kitchen and proceeded to bother Yoongi instead. More thumps,  shouting and crying were heard once again but let's just not talk about that. You didn’t exactly speak to Jin at first, you didn’t really need to. You looked each other in the eye with blank faces. He suddenly cracked a small smile and you could no longer resist. You scrunched up your face and let out a high-pitched giggle, or was it a scream?

    “Jin!” You ran up to him and gave him a hug. At that moment you knew what was the best thing in the world. Having Seokjin’s warm arms around yours.  Even then the two of you still didn’t say much, you were barely looking at each other since your smiles were so big your eyes weren’t even open.

    “I missed you so much Jagi.” Jin smiled shyly at first and softly grabbed your hand and you nodded, you didn’t exactly have the words to say.

“I really missed you Y/N.” He pulled you close and kissed your hair. Jin lead you into the main living room when the maknae line suddenly snatched you away.

    “Y/N look! Can you guess where I bought these games?” Jimin pointed to a stack of games poking out of a dufflebag and Tae popped up from behind you. Eomma-Jin smiled seeing everyone so happy and energetic and went into the hall to clean up everyone’s bags that were left in disarray. Following his chore he went into the kitchen to make a very special meal. He wanted you to come and help but clearly you were a little busy.

    “We got it overseas and there is some for you too!” Taehyung was about to tell you a super long story about the stores they went to, but you turned your attention to Jungkook who brought out a few games, but instead of handing them over to you he walked over to the tv and put one in. Looks like you’re not going to be going home anytime soon… You became their little videogame test subject and spent hours testing out different kinds of games with the boys, half of which you couldn’t understand. Darn language barriers. Without anyone noticing Namjoon left the room to go somewhere, being cautious not to step on the unconscious Hobi sticking out of the kitchen archway.

 

    Inside the kitchen Jin was finishing up a super cute meal, your favourite food, and was just adding some final details including a cute little drawing on a sticky note. He took a few pictures of it and picked up his tray to bring over to you. When he walked out of the room though…

    “What is this!?” His shoulders dropped a bit when he saw the coffee table had no free surface area since it was covered with take-out garbage. ‘How long was I in the kitchen for? He thought. The rest of the kids were laying on the floor, some clutching their stomachs from all the food they just devoured. You and Yoongi were some-what sharing the couch and you looked half-asleep. Jin felt a bit hurt that you guys didn’t tell him that you guys were eating, hurt because he loves his food, and hurt because you didn’t get to eat his home cooked dinner.

    “Jagi I made some food for you…” Jin hesitantly poked at your arm and you reacted by almost kicking Yoongi in the face. Jin, just being careful, took a few steps away from Yoongi and hovered his tray over your head that was resting on the arm rest.

    “It smells yummy but noo o o! I’m gonna gain weight.” You slurred. He was a tad bit disappointed but didn’t want to force you to eat since you clearly already had a full meal. He popped his treat into the fridge and went back over to you. Mumbles from the sunshine line could be heard.

    “Ah-- no I’m gonna… beat you… zzz”

    “Cheater…”

    “Yoongi that hurts…” The day went by so fast as Jin realized it was almost 11PM. The day went by real fast as Jin also realized he didn’t even spend more than 5 minutes by your side.

    “Those kids…” This tired mom looked at the mess the boys left for him but turned his attention to your face. He studied it. Like an art. It felt like it’s been years since he was able to take in the beautiful view, and the scent of your hair. It was so different than seeing it on a small screen. No technical errors where the scene would go black, and no accidentally dropping a call when Jin falls asleep and shuts his flip phone when he jerks at the sound of you yelling through the phone, nope. This moment was perfect and priceless.

    Your existence is an art.” Jin smiled and leaned nice and close to your small sleeping body.

    “Damn Tae you at Mario Kart…” You softly whispered. You let a small shiver move your body and sunk into the couch. This made Jin chuckle and soon his lips made yours a lot more comfy. Warmth spread through your face but not enough to wake you up like Snow White. He carried you bridal-style, like the princess you are and you naturally wrapped your arms around his neck. An adorable smile took up most of Jins face, he was happy to think that you think of him, even in your dreams, and he brought you into his room. He gracefully laid you on his bed and tucked you in. Masterpiece. Jin also snuggled under the covers as well. The warmth didn’t come from the mattress, the blankets, or even the heater. The glow of Jin’s smile and body heat the two shared was what joy felt like.

 

    After doing nothing half-asleep in Jin’s bed for what seemed like a half hour (which was actually only four minutes), you lazily rolled your eyes to the clock glowing in the black. ‘3:48AM’. You stirred and turned over. Even in the dark you were able to see it. His face. Now it was your turn to acknowledge the face he was right in front of you, holding you close. Even feeling his breath on the tip of your nose. You awkwardly got your arm out from Jin’s grasp and patted his head, playing with his hair just a bit. You noticed him smile and stopped, pretending to sleep.

    “I like it. Keep doing that.” He whispered, the sounds produced were soft and low, like you could feel it touching you.

    “O- Okay…” How long were you staring at his face before? How long was he awake for? You were almost positive your cheeks would be able to light up the room but you fulfilled his requests and leisurely played with his soft hair. Moments later you stopped and just wanted to snuggle closer.

    “I like this too.” You whispered. Jin responded by holding you even tighter and you looked up at him.

    “Why didn’t you come sooner?” Jin asked. You explained that you wanted to give them time to rest. He brightened to hear how sweet his girlfriend is.

    “I’m glad I have you Y/N…” He leaned close and gave a passionate kiss. You grew brighter as well, your face was Jungkook’s favourite colour! You giggled, but then quickly tried to hide it.

    “First real kiss after 3 months.” You laughed at the thought. It was like going back to your hometown and eating a yummy bowl of noodles by that old man who knew your mom when she was a little girl. Or waiting for Halloween movies to finally come back. Hard to explain…

    “No not really.” Yoongi’s voice surprised the two from the other side of the room.

    “What?”

    “Uh- Go to sleep Yoongi!”

    “Sure. I like sleep.”

It was silent for the next few minutes. When you opened your eyes Jin was scrunching up his face, frustratingly pretending to sleep. You laughed and soon noticed his face weakened.

“Sorry I didn’t get to relax with you today.” You were too busy dealing with the boys to even sit and talk with your boyfriend. Little did you know he has everything planned out perfectly.

“It’s okay. Just make sure you wake up early tomorrow.” You were puzzled but nodded in agreement. You slipped into slumber and awaited the next day.

 

You woke up to a beautiful sunshine, but not your favourite sunshine, Jin. The sun beaming from the curtains honestly blinded you so you turned your head and noticed another kind of beauty. On the wall was a beautiful dress, exotic looking, definitely bought overseas. You scratched your head and walked across the room. A little card laid on the table next to it.

Good Morning Jagi~ The boys and I are out picking some stuff up at the studio and will be back before 11. Do you like the dress? Really pretty huh? I’m not sure if it was a good idea having Hoseok help me pick it out but I hope you love it. There are shoes for you under the bed as well. Hopefully you didn’t grow (up) too much while I was away. I want you to be wearing them when I get back okay? I’m going to take you somewhere very special.

P.S. put a sweater on over it though, or one of my big jackets. I don’t want the guys to see you in the dress.

  • Jin ^^”

    You smiled and danced into the washroom to clean yourself up. The smile never left your face as you showered, and changed into your planned outfit. When the boys got back Jin ran in first and locked the door before the others could get in. He paused and examined the overflowing beauty flowing around you.

    “Y/N, you look beautiful.” You blushed a crimson red as Jin pulled you close and kissed you. He quickly removed his baggy sweater and delicately wrapped you up. Once the door broke open the two of you bolted, went into Jin’s car and left without a word. You didn’t know where he was taking you but it didn’t really matter. It was fun. Getting to spend a whole day with your boyfriend, just the two of you. You smiled down at the end of the dress and comfy shoes. Jin’s laughter could be heard over the loud sound of the highway and you laughed along with him, out of pure happiness. After today you and Jin will definitely be closer than ever before. You suddenly have an idea of where Jin might be taking you, from the first day you two starting dating. When he asked you how you’d spend a day  to do whatever you want, Just One Day.