reasons

Wait for Me

It was quiet in the room. Quiet and dark. There was no light on, only the digits on the display of an alarm clock, shaped as a Mickey Mouse head, were glowing in the dark. The street lamp casted a faint light on the body that was lying on the bed, not moving an inch, from outside the window. Hanbin's eyes were closed. He faced the ceiling, the back of his right hand resting on his forehead. He had been in this position for a good hour now and if he had a say, he would stay like this forever if he only could.
The shock still had a grip on him, the shock that Sina had caused. Hanbin still couldn't believe that this girl, this new YG trainee, was an old schoolmate of Mino, and, on top of that, a fan of him. He was the reason why she wanted to become a rapper. But this wasn't as shocking as the fact that Hanbin had met Sina at an underground show both of them had went to because of Mino. This was clearly the real problem.
He screwed up his face and clenched his teeth, when he heard the door slowly open. A second later, Bobby walked into the room.
"Hey", the older one said while turning on the light, right after he had closed the door behind him.
Hanbin let the hand on his forehead sink onto his eyes to shield them from the light, but he didn't respond.
"Do you want to talk?" Bobby sat down on a chair next to the bed and fixed his gaze on his friend.
He seemed worried. After their chat with Sina had come to an early end - Seunghoon had called Mino to tell him that they still had work to do, so he had to leave, making Sina leave too  -, iKON had went to get some food and after that, they went home. It wasn't that late yet, but Hanbin had told them that he was tired so he had left the others alone. To lie on his bed in the dark for an hour, not sleeping, obviously.
The buck toothed rapper frowned, waiting for an answer. For a second he thought about leaving again because his friend didn't look like he wanted to talk, but then he heard Hanbin's low voice.
"I know her."
"Sina?" Bobby cocked his head.
"Yes."
"And that means?"
Hanbin opened his eyes to shot a dark glance at the elder.
"Are you serious?"
"Man, what's the problem? I came here to check what's wrong with you because your behavior was so weird, and I'm not talking about the usual weird behavior, and you're just being like this", Bobby nagged.
"Just tell me what the hell is going on!"
Right at this moment, Hanbin felt the urge to open the window and kick his best friend right out of it, but he contained himself. Sometimes he wondered if the other's brain was even working.
"Okay." Hanbin sat up straight and took a deep breath.
He actually didn't have the patience to explain everything to his friend right now. There was too much going on in his head and it annoyed him that Bobby hadn't understand yet how much of a threat Sina Kim was. But it couldn't be helped, he had to explain it.
"You, Kim Jiwon, are the only person who knows that I've known Mino since his predebut days."
"Yes."
"You are the only person who knows that I've been a fan of him since then and that I went to a lot of underground shows just to see him."
"True. Though it was quite illegal because you actually were under age back then."
Hanbin rolled his eyes, he decided to ignore the comment.
"And you are the only person", he continued instead, "who knows that I gave a mixtape with some of my song to Mino. At a show in Hongdae. The last show I went to before I got too busy with the trainee life. Where I met him backstage. In a blueish room with graffiti all over the walls."
Bobby was thinking for a moment, then he nodded.
"Yeah, the same show Sina was talking about."
"Yes. And guess who I bumped into after I had given my mixtape to Mino?"
"I don't know?", Bobby yawned and ruffled his hair.
Maybe he was too tired already or he just didn't have a clue at all today.
"Goddamn, Bobby! I bumped into Sina!" Hanbin let himself fall against the wall in his back. He felt the despair creeping up his spine, he was so exhausted all of a sudden. This was definitely one of the worst things that had ever happened to him, but his best friend still needed a second to understand why Hanbin looked so lost now. At least he finally had Bobby's full attention.
"Wait a minute", the older one said and leaned forward.
"You gave your mixtape to Mino and after that, you bumped into Sina?"
"Yes.. I went backstage after his performance to give him my mixtape. We had a short conversation and then I wanted to leave again. When I went out of the room, I ran into a girl. It was Sina. I didn't recognize her until she talked about this show because she really looked different back then. Like she said, she had short, black hair, and she had a name tag on her shirt which said 'Sina Kim'. I remember it so clearly now."
The information slowly reached Bobby's brain. His eyes got wider and he covered his mouth with one hand, leaning back again.
"But it's getting worse", Hanbin said and closed his eyes for a second.
"Before Sina went to Mino, we had a little chat. I don't remember everything, but I remember that she told me that she was from California, and that she's a huge fan of Mino. And she asked for my name, since I didn't have a name tag."
"But you didn't tell her your real name, did you?"
"Of course not! I told her that my name was B.I. But that's bad enough because it's still my stage name."
His friend stayed quiet and just stared at him, but it was clear to see that he now understood the tragedy of this.
"Bobby. What if she recognizes me? What if she remembers seeing me at the show? What if she mentions anything regarding this in front of Mino? I'm screwed!"
A desperate sound left Hanbin's lips before he let himself fall onto the bed again, his face buried into the blanket.
"I didn't tell Mino my name, I didn't write my name on the CD, I didn't mention it in the songs, nothing, because I was sure that I would see him again. And then I tell it to a girl I randomly bump into, and now this girl is a trainee at YG and Mino is her personal mentor, oh and did I mention that she has a crush on him?"
"You can't blame her, I mean, you have a crush on him as well."
A silent grumble was the answer, but Bobby ignored it.
"Why don't you just tell him now?"
Within a second, Hanbin was on his feet, causing Bobby to almost fall off his chair. Shocked, he stared at the younger while he clutched at the back of the chair, close to a heart attack.
"Oh yes, of course! That will be cool! 'Oh Mino, by the way, I'm that weird kid that you saw at some of your shows and that gave a mixtape to you three years ago. Why I didn't tell you this earlier? Well, you know, I've actually been having a huge crush on you ever since I found out about you, and yes I know, that's weird because I was like 14 back then, but hey!'" Hanbin tore his hair.
"When he was introduced to us as one of the new trainees in 2013 and I decided not to tell him that we already met, that was the moment I decided to never tell him. And since then, too much has happened. How would you react if I told you that we've met already? Before you became a trainee at YG? How weird is that? I mean, what should I answer when he asks why I never told him? 'Well, I'm a fanboy and I didn't want you to know because that's pretty weird and embarrassing'?! Man.. Two ing years have passed since we officially got to know each other. He didn't seem to remember or recognize me, so I stayed quiet.." The young rapper ran his fingers through his hair and let out a sigh.
"I can never tell him. This is a secret, Bobby, and it will stay a secret forever. Given that Sina doesn't ruin it."