introduction

Wait for Me

A cold breeze sneaked into the hallway and let Mino shiver. Just for a second, but long enough for Seunghoon to see. It was early in the morning and already 34 degrees outside, with the sun burning in the sky, but the building was cooled down to 17 degrees so that the heat couldn't stop anyone from working. Well, a little too cold for Mino's liking.
"You could have put on another shirt, you know that it's cold here," Seunghoon tugged at Mino's sleeve and grinned.
"But it's 34 degrees outside."
"But we're not outside, we're inside."
"Whatever." Mino shrugged his shoulders and ran his fingers through his hair, ignoring the other one's laugh. The two rappers had entered the YG building just a few moments ago and were now waiting for the elevator.
"I tell you, if we don't finish this track today, I might go crazy." Rolling his eyes, Mino rubbed his arms a little and stared at the elevator's display. Seunghoon seemed way more relaxed. Maybe it was because he wasn't freezing in his jacket. Pretty unfair.
"We will, don't worry. It's completely tracked, we only need to put the last touch on it and then we're free."
"You're talking about it as if you don't want to do it. It was your idea, don't forget."
"Maybe I just can't work with you anymore. You don't know how to dress."
"You're breaking my heart, man."
They both laughed at each other and got ready to enter the elevator when its doors finally opened, but Mino didn't get the chance to take a step. The moment he wanted to, a jolt went through his body.
"Oh, I'm so sorry!" A soft yet surprised voice reached his ear.
"It's okay", he smiled after he had recovered from the little shock. Then he looked down at the girl - or young woman? He was bad at guessing someone's age - and let go of her arm which he had automatically grabbed to prevent her from falling after she had ran against him. She smiled back shyly and lowered her eyes immediately, fixing her blond hair. The two rappers couldn't help but stare at her, but before they were able to ask who she was, they heard some voices. Female voices. One of them came closer really fast.
"Sina! Sina! We are waiting for you!" A black-haired, short but absolutely stunning girl appeared at the end of the hallway and ran towards them, or better towards the blonde whose name seemed to be Sina, and backhugged her laughing as soon as she had reached her. Mino and Seunghoon just followed the scene without saying a word, they were too absorbed. Who were they? Seriously, they had never seen them here before. And why were they so pretty? But when the black-haired girl suddenly looked at them and gasped, they only responded with questioning looks.
"Oh my god", she said, covering with one hand. Sina turned her head and looked at Mino again who did the same with her. What he could read on her face then was nothing he could name for sure, but it was something between shock, surprise and happiness. He didn't know.
"Oh my god", the blonde also let out, her cheeks turning red. Suddenly both girls bowed down 90 degrees and formally greeted the two rappers who were even more surprised now. Mino and Seunghoon exchanged a look, then Seunghoon stepped forward.
"Sorry, I'm afraid we don't know you. Would you introduce yourselves, please?"
The black-haired stared at him for a second before she quickly nodded.
"I'm sorry! My name is Kang Shinhee and this is my friend Sina Kim. We are two of the new trainees."
The rappers blinked, once, twice. They seemed to be thinking very hard, but then both of them let out a long "Aaaaah", signalizing that they finally knew who they were talking to.
"You're two of the five new girls", Mino declared. They nodded.
"We've been told that we would see you today, but we didn't know it's you." Seunghoon laughed and shook their hands, followed by Mino. His gaze was fixed on Sina what caused her to smile at him shyly again. It was weird, he felt like he knew her, but he could be mistaking. Maybe he was just too tired.
"We have to leave now", Shinhee said and grabbed Sina's hand, bowing one more time.
"I'm sure we'll see us again later! It was nice to meet you though! We're all huge fans of WINNER!"
Seunghoon seemed very delighted. Mino just waved at them as they went away, but before they got out of sight, Sina turned around one last time and smiled at him. He returned the smile, waited until they had disappeared and then he laughed.
"What the hell was that?"
"I don't care to be honest, they're cute", his friend put an arm around his shoulder.
Mino grinned. Yes, that was reason enough for Seunghoon to like them. But they really seemed nice. Shinhee was a little hyper, but he was used to hyper characters since he was one himself. He wasn't that sure about Sina though. This weird feeling he had before was still there, but he just shook it off for the time being and concentrated on the reason why they were here. There would be time later to talk to the girls and to get more information about them, so it wasn't necessary to keep thinking about this topic now.

"What's going on over there?" Bobby nodded in the direction of the elevator. Hanbin looked up from his mobile phone and followed his friend's gaze. They had just turned around a corner and were walking towards the little crowd in front of the elevator, but now they slowed down a little.
"Aren't that Mino and Seunghoon? Who are the girls?" With a surprised look on his face, Bobby turned to Hanbin, not really expecting an answer though. The younger boy still shook his head, signalizing that he didn't know - of course he didn't. It seemed that they had missed something, or they had just forgotten about something. The rappers slowed down a little more until they stopped walking completely and just watched the scene from afar. They saw the four others shaking hands, talking, actually nothing strange. Maybe the girls were new trainees who had introduced themselves to the two WINNER members? They seemed to get along well though, but it was okay, Hanbin didn't mind that. But then one of the girls, the blond one, turned around when they were leaving and smiled at Mino. This would have also been okay, if it had been a simple smile you gave someone by courtesy, but it wasn't. It was a different kind of smile and that bugged him.