Chapter 7

Not Just A Shoulder

Chapter 7





Looking at the face of the guys around the table you could tell that they were just as confused as you. 

 

“Oh! Hyunnie!” Jae Min looked up to you with a bright smile. You started to wonder… where did that smile come from… was it her or was it you?

 

You looked at the others expecting an explanation but no one was able to give you one.

 

“Oh she eats with you guys too?” the girl asked. 

 

“Sumbaenim who is she…?” Ji Young being the new one was very lost and did not exactly expect to see a new face this soon.

 

“Oh… she's a girl from our year” you gave her a quick reply before looking back at the girl who sat in your seat. She gave you a quick glare before grabbing Jae Min and getting up. “Let’s go then oppa~ I want to eat lunch at the roof top” Everyone else watched as she dragged Jae Min away… not even drag, more like Jae Min willingly followed her off. 

 

“What… just… happened…” Mark asked confusedly, eyes trying to follow the two that just left. 

 

“What the heck, who does she think she is to just drag off my best friend like that” Dong Hyuck whined, “Who is she even”

 

“She’s the pretty girl that Jae Min always hangs out with” you answered simply sitting down back at your seat now that it was empty again. 

 

“Wait so you’re just going to let her drag your boyfriend away like that?” Mark eyed you, expecting you to be a little mad but only to get a sigh and shrug in reply.

 

“Sumbaenim are you okay?” 

 

“Yeah.” but Jeno knew perfectly that you were not okay. Even though he hadn’t talk to you, he hadn’t asked you a single question, he knew that you weren’t okay at all. He knew that inside you were even more confused than anyone else and you had so many thoughts at once that you didn't know what to do.

 

“Let’s just eat without him guys, it’s not like it’s the first time he ditched us” you smiled, wanting to spend more time with Ji Sung’s girlfriend as well. “We have some ‘getting to know each other’ to do” you smiled. 

 

 

— — —

 

 

You were at your locker collecting the books you needed for your next lesson when you felt a hand tap your shoulder, causing you to turn around. It was Jae Min. You looked away casually, not really wanting to see him right now.

 

“Yah~ Why are you ignoring me?” he whined with that famous aegyo of his.

 

“I’m not. I have class, I’ll get going first” you shut the door to your locker before heading off quickly not even sparing one second to look at your boyfriend’s face.

 

“Yah! Hyun Joo~ What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Are you seriously just going to lie like that?”

 

You stopped as soon as his words processed in your mind. Lie? If this was lying then what was he keeping from you, weren’t those all lies too? 

 

“Are you seriously going to keep following me? Your next class is the opposite way, you’re going to be late if you don’t head there now. Stop following me.” 

 

You hated yourself for being like this. Why were you letting these small thoughts getting in-between yourself and him.

 

“Arrasseo, wait for my at the gates after school okay? I’ll take you home today” he smiled before walking off.

 

Thats another lie. He wouldn’t be walking you home today either, you knew that somehow, somewhere that girl would pop up and make him take her home instead. 

 

 

— — —

 

 

And… of course you were right. You were waiting for Jae Min at the school gates just when you received a message from him.

 

Jaeminnie: Hyunnie yahh~ I’m so so so sorry but I really can’t go back with you today… Don’t be mad :( <3

 

You sighed, what else would you expect from him anyway? Just as you were about to head out, a similar voice called for my name.

 

“Hyun Joo ah~” you turned around to see Jeno smiling very brightly, but his smile dropped as soon as he saw your face. “Whats wrong?”

 

“Ah… are you going home?” You wanted to avoid the question.

 

“Mhmm, I’ll go with you… but whats wrong? Is it Jae Min again?”

 

“Hmm… I really want bubble tea… can we go get bubble tea?”

 

“Sure~” he gave you a smile 

 

 

Maybe coming to the bubble tea store was the last place you wanted to go to right now. The moment Jeno and you walked into the place the first thing you saw was a familiar guy sharing a drink with another girl. And that familiar guy was no other than Jae Min.

 

You couldn’t help but stare at the scene in front of you. Knowing how much you were hurting inside, Jeno grabbed your wrist and dragged you out of the store, trying to walk as far away from the store as you guys could.

 

When the two of you reached a small park somewhere on the way home he stopped and looked at you. He waited for you to talk but there was nothing. 

 

“Hyun Joo…”

 

“I’m okay” you tried to plaster the biggest smile you could put on right now, which wasn’t very happy at all.

 

“You’re not okay”

 

“I am, really Jeno, I am” you said trying to hold your tears back.

 

Honestly you had never imagined that Jae Min would be doing all these couple things he wanted to do with another girl other than you. Maybe because it was the first time you saw him so close to a different girl you weren’t sure how to react either.

 

“Should I talk to him?” Jeno asked you carefully.

 

“No, its okay. I mean what is there to talk about anyway. I’m really tired Jeno, I’ll get going first” you said before trying to walk away as quick as possible not giving him the chance to stop you. And sooner later you started running as fast as you can to reach your home where you could have some time alone.

 

— — — 

 

You sat in the corner of your bed looking at your phone, replying the message you got a few minutes ago.

 

Jeno: Tell me when you get home…

 

You: I got home, don’t worry about me :)

 

 

But just as you were about to switch your phone off for yourself to have a little thinking time, you received another message.

 

Jae Min: Why didn’t you reply me from earlier?

 

Just when you were about to stop thinking about him, he just had to send you a message at this time. 

 

Jae Min: Are you not going to reply this either :(

 

Jae Min: Come on~ I know you’re mad, I’m sorry.

 

Me: I thought you were busy?

 

Jae Min: Thats why your mad?

 

Me: I’m not mad Jae Min.

 

Jae Min: O.o why are you calling me that… see you are mad. Over what though?

 

Me: I’m not mad

 

Jae Min: Okok fine. Then why are you giving me such short replies.

 

Me: I’m tired

 

Jae Min: :( oh did you not get enough sleep?

 

Jae Min: Alright, get some rest then, see you tmrw~

 

You were glad he ended the conversation before you had to say much more. Before another message would come through to your phone you quickly switched it off and did other things to distract yourself from thinking about him.

 


Author's Note

I'm so so so sorry that this took me so long,
but the next chapter should be up soon. 
Thank you guys so much for waiting <3