Psychosis

Guilty

"Class, do you know what psychosis is?"

No response.

"Psychosis is a me-" The teacher stopped talking as the door swung open. He lowered his glasses and looked at the person with the straight nose and cold expression.

"And you are?"

"Kim Taehyung, your new student." His reply was monotonous.

"Ah, yes. You can go ahead and introdu-"

Taehyung cut him off, "The class heard my name when I told you who I was. I think that's enough so I'd rather not."

"Maybe some of the students did not hear you." The teacher politely replied.

"I've had some of these people in my earlier class periods. Whether they know my name or not isn't a problem to me Mr. Choi."

Mr. Choi raised an eyebrow and scoffed, "then you can go ahead and just sit down next to Ms. Kim."

Minji looked up from her notes and raised a hand so Taehyung would know who she was.

Before she could stand up and introduce herself, Taehyung had swung his backpack to the floor and pulled out the seat next to her to sit down. It was rather sudden.

Minji frowned.

I'd rather have anyone else sitting next to me than this unfriendly looking jerk...

"Now back to the lesson. We're learning about psychosis as of now. Do you happen to know what that is Kim. Tae. Hyung?" Mr. Choi clicked his tongue.

"No," Taehyung bluntly answered. 
"Kind of straightforward to ask a question to a new student don't you think?" he questioned, causing the class to snicker.

Mr. Choi looked at Taehyung for a few seconds, wanting to lecture his behavior, but didn't. He reluctantly continued with his lesson, irritated.

"Psychosis is a mental disorder in which indicated the person who is diagnosed with it has lost contact with reality. It is known for the emotions that cause hallucination and false thoughts. This disorder can trigger many, many behaviors. Aggression is one of the most common ones." As Mr. Choi carried on with his lesson, Taehyung bit his lip. The more the teacher talked, the angrier he found himself.

"She seems to have a case of psychosis."

The corners of Taehyung's lips went down as his eyebrows furrowed.

"How bad is it?"

"She has a very strong case of it; it's  critical."

He gritted his teeth with hatred in his eyes.

"Is there anything I could do to help her?"

"Chances are low but you could try giving her pills for depression."

The pencil in his hand was gripped tightly, causing the veins in his arm to reveal themselves as his hand turned a brighter shade of red each second.

"Put the gun down!"

His pencil broke.

The scene in his head kept replaying and replaying. His mind was a film on repeat. He wanted it to stop.

"Mom please..."

Taehyung bit his lip as he stared down at his blank page of notes, a pinch of blood on the area he was biting down on became evident as he did so.

From her peripheral vision, Minji was watching. She didn't mean to stare that long but she noticed Taehyung wouldn't let go. His blood trailed down from his lip and landed on his paper as if it were a tear stain. He was starting to scare her. What was his problem?

As she was staring, Taehyung his lips and slightly cocked his head to meet her view. He stared back at her as if knowing she was glancing at him the whole time. Minji found herself flickering back to her notes. Doing so, she felt his burning gaze and shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She wanted to bang her head against the wall.

"Stop making everything so obvious..." She muttered to herself, embarrassed.

tumblr_inline_n1xc7j4Edx1rb3m8r.gif

When the bell rang for lunch, Minji realized she hadn't properly written her notes. Most of the paper was blank and all she had was information from the beginning of class. 

"Jin is so going to kill me..." She rolled her head back and groaned as she cursed Taehyung inside her head. Because of him, she was distracted and couldn't focus on the lesson. She turned to look at Taehyung but he was already gone.

Minji grumbled and grabbed her bag as she got up.

"Stupid toerag... If on-" She stopped outside of the classroom and sighed and looked down, "No... I can't judge him yet..." 

"Judge who?"

Minji lifted her head and saw her friend. He had raven black hair and warming brown eyes. His cheeky smile was there as usual as he greeted Minji by putting his arm around her.

"No one... Just some new kid in class." She answered and gave him a half-hearted smile.

"How bad was the kid to make your smile so... Saddening?" He asked.

"Yah Jimin, maybe her smile is just like that. You're going to make her mad." A boy walking towards them said as he showed off his bunny smile.

"I'm not insulting her, Jungkook." Jimin rolled his eyes. "Look me in the eyes and tell me that was a genuine smile she gave me." 

After a few seconds, Jimin smirked, "Exactly." 

"I only stayed quiet because I pity you sometimes." Jungkook frankly announced.

Minji chuckled and her bangs away from her face.

"You guys are so stupid, come on, let's go eat. I'm starving." Minji said as she patted her stomach.

"When are you not starving..." Jungkook muttered.

Minji glared at him, "What's that supposed to mean?" 

Jimin placed his pointer finger on the tip of his nose and pushed it up, "You're a pig!"

"I'm going to get you both... Just watch."

Jungkook and Jimin both laughed, knowing she wouldn't dare hurt them. They all made their way into the cafeteria and sat down after Jungkook got his lunch.

He sighed, "I really hate eating the school lunch." 

"You can have some of mine." Jimin scooted closer and placed his lunch in the middle.

Minji offered some of her food as well. Out of the three of them, Jungkook was the only one who didn't pack his own lunch. He claimed he didn't have time to but Jimin always joked around that he was too lazy. 

"Yah... I think you finally got a guy falling for you." Jimin whispered.

"What do you mean by finally?" Minji indignantly rolled her eyes as she started feeling the uncomfortable presence around again.

"Don't worry about that Minji. Jimin here can't get himself a girlfriend so he's not one to talk." Jungkook assured. 

"Yah Jeon Jungkook! What makes you any different?!" Jimin shouted causing a few people to look at their table.

Jungkook smirked at Jimin and looked at the girls who had looked their way. He flashed them a shy smile causing them to giggle and blush.

"And that my friend, is the difference." Jungkook casually stated.

Jimin puffed his cheeks, "What about when it actually comes to interacting with a girl? Huh?" 

"Well I interact with Minji everyday." 

"Besides Minji!"

"I don't know what you're talking about Jimin."

"You... Agh! Forget it!" Jimin closed his eyes and rubbed his temples.

"Aishh... You two are always at it." Minji took a bite out of her sandwich. But in reality, she enjoyed it when those two got into an argument. It wasn't anything serious but it was rather playful. She loved seeing the two being friendly together. Jungkook ruined her thoughts.

"Err... Minji... Jimin wasn't lying... I found the guy that was staring at you and it's really creepy."

"Can you guys just shut up about it? He's been staring at me in class, not to mention he sits next to me and I would love to forget about it."

"He sits next to you in your class? This is just like Twilight. What if this turns out to be like Twilight?"

"Jimin."

"Yeah?"

Minji looked at him straight in the eyes, "This is why you don't have a girlfriend." 

"I was joking!" Jimin defended himself.

tumblr_inline_n1xc7j4Edx1rb3m8r.gif

Taehyung watched as the three friends joked around with each other and talked among themselves. He kept his eyes on Minji. There was something about her. No, it wasn't love but it was rather her appearance. It looked familiar. It was as if he had seen her before. He studied her features and physical appearance. Brown, wavy hair. Full cheeks, and others features to take in.

"Do enjoy your drinks." A woman smiled, a sweet, yet sinister smile.

Taehyung winced as the memory slapped him in the face. That woman... Minji... Were they the same people? They annoyingly looked the same if they weren't. Taehyung kept studying her.

Why is she at a school? Isn't she supposed to be... Gone?

Minji gave him a bad feeling. All she brought to him were bad memories. Just from her appearance itself. They just had to be the same people. He noticed she was uncomfortable around him. That was evidence right?

"Taehyung... Your uncle isn't coming anymore."

"Why not? He said he would be here to celebrate Chuseok with us."

"He... Passed."

Taehyung didn't want to believe what he was thinking. He was hoping he got the wrong idea.

"Passed what...?"

He waited.

"He... Passed away."

Just who are you Kim Minji?

Taehyung hardened his stare at her as he stopped leaning on the empty wall. He walked over to the  table she sat at but slowed his pace once he went by, not stopping.

His voice was quiet. He hardly moved his mouth. He made sure Minji was the only one that heard it.

It sent shivers down her back.

"Meet me at the rooftop after school."