alt ending

Daisy

 

rebel against the fate that descends

 

             “I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

 

Junhong applauded along with the rest of the guests in the hall, watching his friend lifting the veil and planting a soft kiss on his soulmate’s lips. Everyone cheered for the newlywed couple, while he maintained his small smile and inwardly wishing eternal happiness for them.    

He glanced to his left at the sound of soft clapping.

 

             “You never told him?”

A shrug.

             “It was unnecessary, when he has already found his soulmate long before I actually met him. I didn’t know you two are acquainted, though.”

             “Yeah… Daehyun’s a senior of mine in college…”

             “I see.”

             “You’re not sad?”

A smile.

             “Who am I to get in the way of their happiness?”

             “No, I mean… having a faulty fate, like mine?”

A quiet whisper.

             “You’re not faulty, Junhong.”

             “Then why didn’t you seek me out? When we share the same circumstance?”

             “…I’ve hurt you enough.”

             “…If you’re going to say I deserve better, my wrist would beg to differ.”

 

He wrapped his strong arms around your smaller figure, ignoring the joyous commotion around the two of you. Your stiffened posture slowly relaxed and you let yourself be engulfed in the warmth that was Junhong, hiding your face in the crook of his neck and lacing your fingers together around his waist.

 

             “People would say this is our punishment, for disbelieving.”

Give ourselves another chance.

             “But then again, did we ever listen to fate?”

Silly, we never truly said goodbye to each other.

 

While your anecdote was indeed unorthodox from most couples, it still served the truth that love was a mosaic complexity, and you did not need to conform to what is laid down for you in order to obtain it.

Or perhaps, fate was merely pulling on different threads to thoroughly sew your union together for the finished garment.

The world would never find out.

 

yes, bloom vibrantly, with glory