NWYE-1

Not What You Expected

It was the most stupendous day for Kim Sunggyu, three times award winner for best innovative  human management under one mamuth corporation,feared and apreciated  with equally amount of eagerness by almost third of South Korea.

The man knew what he had under his sleeve and he loved playing against all odds just to prove himself he still mastered the game of public affairs,even if only on a bystander level.It hadn't been his own choice,rather imposed after ,what many already have forgotten,past events.The press had had a blast skinning him alive just three years ago and now he returned the favour under the most conspicuous cover,just so he could take his own revenge on the wronging done to him by no others than his supossed friends.

That list had thinned down to only a few aquaintances and just one friend, namely his alias.

Once burned,he needn't be told twice that business didn't mix well with friends,especially since said ones were jealous of his success and would gladly stab him in the back first chance they saw an opening.It had been under that false predicament that he'd lost a fiancee to a 'best friend' and an entire business to another bunch of heated brains.

So, after moping for about half an year,  one day he sobered up,got a new hair cut,changed his name to Kim Sunggyu and planned his revenge on a piece of coffee napkin while munching on a lava-cake and sipping his double sugar macchiato(one mistake he'll never make self consciously again!).

Ever since he stepped foot in a company on a school trip,he had known there would never be anything more thrilling for him than topping the masterminds of business and ne never gave up on that dream,even after being framed and laughed at  by people who he wrongly confused with friends.They'd only used him,then threw him to the wolves as a scaping goat.

Well,rest assured, his time was about to come!

He invested all of himself in becoming an indispensable pawn of their winning affairs,with brilliant human management that brought enough profit as to get charted in the top South korean companies;he  couldn't let his 'baby' take the fall.He might not be aknowledged,or on the covers of the respected magasines,but he sure could hold the reigns from behind the scenes.

That is how his perfect plan got him breathing in the fresh morning air,after an all-nighter of counter tactics that would ensure yet another high score in about just a few hours.

He was tipsy enough to ignore his surroundings,thus almost tripping after bumping into a flowery pattern that all but grabbed a hold of him and pressed a soft kiss on his stubbled cheek.

"Wh..."

"Play along and you'll be awarded hansomly."a vixen voice lured his cooperation."Stop looking so constipated,ok?You're  a man in love,afterall."she blew the words in his ear,making him gawk at the chiseled profile of what could only be a gumiho.

The fresh light make-up and the soft brown locks were teasing to the point of making him squirm in her headlock embrace,in a futile attempt of urging him to play pretense.He only wished for a hot shower and a nice long sleep,not necessarily in that order!

The last thing he needed was some creepy creature using him for god knows what tricks!

"Are you really gonna play hard to get now?"she eventually graced him with a stunning conniving smile.

"What on earth are you blabbering about,mad woman?Get the heck away from me!"Sunggyu tried freeing himself.

"This is too cliche,even for me.Come on, smile for the cameras!"she trudged on his shirt,grazing his ribs in the process.

Before he could complain any further, all too familiar flashes of cameras showered both of them and he found himself cringing at the memory.

Time might've passed,but he never forgot how cruel they were back then.His new geek-ish image concealed his past self,but he couldn't find it in him to not show his disgust;if it hadn't been for that tight hold of hers he probably would've launched forward and smashed their devices.

As of yet,the gumiho was the only one standing in between him and an iminent disaster.All those years could've gone down the drain in a flash.

He barely had time to hear what they were asking when she merrily sing-songed  that she wanted her privacy respected while visiting her fiancee.

"Come on, guys.I've indulged you quite enough about my other half, wouldn't you say?You've already seen him, now can you please show your support and give us..."

"Kami, look at him.He's about to have your head.Do you honestly think we'd fall for that?He isn't exactly your dating type."one reporter bravely cut in.

"Don't make this the end of a beautiful collaboration.What's wrong with him?I happen to love this geek side of him."she cooed,letting her head lean on his shoulder."Don't we make the cutest couple?"

"Sir, are you willing to testify for Ms.Yang...."

"I wasn't aware we were in a court."he cut them brusquelly,making everybody chuckle."If you don't mind, I've had the tiest night and would appreciate some sleep."

"Oh, my cute Pooh worked all night again."she pouted,squishing his cheeks."This company abuses his employees."

"I don't mind a little S&M,now and then.You know what I mean."Sunggyu winked sweetly at her.

Judging from the lack of responses,he knew he hit the jack-pot.They all deserved it!

"Uhm...hehe...."

"Gentlemen, if we're done with sharing secrets,My...fiancee and I would like to leave the compound.If there're any other questions,I'll be glad to share this gorgeous creature with you.I'm sure she'll be a handful,but frankly,I could use a little less of her after working all night."he adressed the media smirking knowingly.

"Pooh-bear,don't give away all our secrets.There won't be much to  tell till the wedding.You can't blame them for trying to know whom I'm gonna marry off in a few days!"she batted her long eyelashes at him.

"One last question.What does your son think about finally seeing his parents tying  the knot?"

"Son?"he searched her face.

"Our Woosung is the most anxious out of the three of us.Right,babe?"

He could see her smile was genuine this time(when referring to the said son),but still he couldn't shake the dreadful feeling that he was being played.And he hated it to the core!