Chapter 40

Masks

When I went back to the playroom in the evening, the girls, B.A.P and the managers were already there. We were supposed to watch the "Running Man" broadcast together.

"Noona, come sit over here.." Jongup said and patted the empty seat next to him, on the end of the couch. Yongguk sat on the other side of the couch, and I was relieved since I wasn't sure I could face him if they show embarrassing shots of us together. I sat next to Jongup and waited for the show to start. I was curious to see the other missions since we barely saw the other couples during the day.

The show started and it was amusing since their captions and editing were funny. Well, there was one thing that was a little less enjoyable - they took our couple name seriously and it looked like we were a real couple, making me blush more and more as the show continued.

When they showed us waiting after the first mission they showed me massaging Yongguk and they show something else I didn't know that happened - I fell asleep and Yongguk covered me and made sure I was comforatble leaning on his shoulder. The caption said "The love birds couple are using the time to spend some time together.." with some animated hearts coming out from both of us. I was blushing and I glanced over at Yongguk. He was looking straight at the tv screen with a blank expression. I diverted my gaze to Sumi, and I noticed she was nervous and annoyed. I smiled a little to myself, happy she got annoyed from it.

"Oppa, you should get an award for your acting, you actually look like you care about Hyeri.." Sumi said with a squeaky voice in the commercial break, looking at Yongguk. My blood started to boil.

"At least I care about people.. You should try it sometimes, maybe you'll spit less venom that way.." Yongguk answered.

"She doesn't have a heart, she have a rock instead of it." Sey said.

"Who needs a heart when you have a perfect body like mine?" Sumi said and gestured over to her body. I rolled my eyes. "At least I don't wear padding like someone.." She then looked at me.

"Why are you looking at me? I'm not the one wearing it.. At least don't lie, I know exactly what bras you use.." I said in response, and Sey started to laugh.

"She is right, though, you do wear padding." Eun Hee said to Sumi, and her face became red as a tomato. Serves her right..

"Girls, cut it off." Jinu ordered, trying not to show he was embarrassed from the conversation and the too-much-informaion that was revealed in it.

"Right, the break is over.." B.A.P's manager mumbled. We turned to look at the tv screen.

The show continued, and now they showed Yongguk giving me a massage after the sauna mission, along with the caption "So cute, the love birds take care of each other.." written in bright pink. My face at that moment matched the color of the caption.

"You seem really close these days." Yujin commented. "Oppa, I didn't think you were the type who like skinship.."

"I don't, it was just for the show.." Yongguk shrugged. I looked at him, and he looked like he meant it. Was he just acting for the cameras? I know I was genuine since I forgot about the cameras and I thought it was the same for him as well, but what if I was wrong and it was all just an act for him? Or maybe he just agreed doing it since he didn't want to disapppoint me or something?

I didn't had much time to think about it since the show continued and they started showing the final mission. Me and Yongguk were surprisingly right about evaluating when the other will be eliminated.. And we make a good team together.

"Hyeri, you don't look like it, but your'e really strong." Himchan said while smiling.

"Thanks.." I smiled.

"Wait, you won?" Jongup asked surprised when they showed me and Soyou enter the jail.

"Yes." I smiled shyly.

"So, there is meat?" Daehyun asked after they showed the prize.

"Stop thinking about food, you fattie." Youngjae threw a pillow at him.

"Life is meaningless without food." Daehyun dodged the pillow. "So when are we eating?" he asked, looking at the managers.

"Wer'e doing a company meal, right? With the trainees and everyone.." I asked.

"How about we do a company fun day? We wanted to do this for a while now, so it's a great opportunity to do it.." Jinu offered.

"So what's the plan?" Zelo asked excited.

"It's almost summer and the weather is nice, so how about we go to the swimming pool and end the day with a bbq? With the trainees and staff and everyone." Jinu suggested.

"If there is food I'm in!" Daehyun declared, and everyone rolled their eyes.

"Sounds great." Yongguk smiled, and we agreed. So exciting!

 

~

 

"Oppa.." I asked while Yongguk walked me back to my dorm later that night. As always, we stopped at our park.

"What is it?" he looked curiously at me.

"Do you really hate skinship?" I gathered my courage to ask him. It still bothered me and I wanted to know if he was acting or not.

"I'm not fond of it, but I think I'm getting used to it lately." he smiled.

"So you weren't acting when we filmed?"

"Why would you think that?" he seemed confused from my question.

"Because you told Yujin it was for the show.." I moved my fingers nervously.

"Yeah, because the show is with you." He said, and I blushed. "And I didn't want to tell everyone what's going on between us, it's complicated enough with just the two of us.."

"I'm sorry.." I said quietly, looking on the ground.

"Stop apologizing for everything!" he said and ruffled my hair.

"I will.." I smiled and went to sit on the swing, moving it lightly. He sat on the swing next to mine, looking straight.

"Oppa.." I said again after we didn't say anything for a few moments.

"What is it?"

"Do you still have nightmares?" That was another thing I wanted to ask him since we talked in the playroom. It just made me realize how much I don't know about him, and I want to know.

"Sometimes.. Why do you ask?"

"I'm just curious. What do you do when you still have them?"

"Not something I want you to learn." He stopped swinging and looked at me. I noticed his face changed.. It became more serious.

"What do you do?" I continued asking, ignoring what he said.

"I mean it. I'm not telling you because I don't want you to do this as well, it's not healthy and your'e a good girl, I don't want to spoil you."

"I don't want to be good, I want it to stop." I said annoyed and stomped my feet on the ground.

"It won't stop if you do what I do, so it's a waste of your time trying to find out what it is." he said dryly. Why is he so secretive? it's not like he is breaking the law or something..

"Fine." I sighed. "Then can I ask something else?"

"Yes.."

"Was it someone important?"

"Who?"

"The person you dream of when you have nightmares.."

"She was, at that time." he said, and it looked like he was thinking about something.. Maybe her?

"And now?" I asked, moving my feet nervously. He didn't answer for a few minutes, and I thought he would ignore the question.

"I don't know." he finally said.

"How can you not know?" I asked confused.

"Because I don't. Stop asking stupid questions, it's annoying." He said annoyed and stood up. I guess I hit a sensitive nerve..

"Let's go." He ordered when I didn't move from my swing. I stood up and started walking back to my dorm. He walked after me, a little behind me. I suddenly stopped and waited for him to get closer to me, but instead he just stopped in his place as well, still keeping the small distance between us.

"Why did you stop?" he asked impatiently.

"I.. want to tell you something." I said.

"Then talk." He said dryly.

"I can't when your'e mad at me."

"I'm not mad." he shrugged.

"Fine." I sighed and closed the gap between us. If he is not going to move I have no choice but to go to him. "I have two dreams that keeps coming back. In one of them you are trying to save me and that thing falls on you and I just stand there and watch you get hurt.. I try to move to help you, but my legs refuse to move and I'm stuck in my place and your'e gone. I feel guilty and I'm worried something might happen to you, and the worst thing is that I'm afraid you'll get hurt because of me and I won't be able to do anything to help you, just like in my dream." I finally said what I feel. It was a relief.. Another weight was lifted from my shoulders. I watched him. His face softened. He thought for a bit before talking.

"I.. Dreamed she is jumping from a building and I couldn't save her. I got there a second too late and she jumped in front of my eyes." Yongguk said with an expression I couldn't read. It looked like anger with sadness with something else I didn't identify. I just gave him a hug. I felt like it's the best thing I could do to help him, and he looked like he needed it. He didn't react at first, but afterwards he hugged me back.

"It's not your fault.." I blurted out while hugging him. I don't know why I said it, but it just felt right.. I felt his grip around me tightening. I lifted my head so I can see his face and I saw something that surprised me.. He had tears strolling down his face. Who was she? Why is he crying becuse of her?

"Oppa.."

"I'm sorry.." he hurried to wipe the tears from his eyes when he noticed I'm looking at him.

"Don't.." I grabbed his hands to stop him from wiping his tears. "I want to see all the sides you have, including this one."

"Your'e not going to like them." He said bitterly.

"Try me."

"Your'e an idiot." he mumbled.

"An idiot that likes you. So yeah, I'm fine with everything as long it's related to you." He smiled. Finally.

"Should I tell you something embarrassing about me?" I offered when he didn't say anything. I want to make him feel better.

"Go for it."

"But you can't laugh." I warned him.

"I'm not promising anything."

"Meanie." I pouted.

"Fine, fine.. Just tell me." He gave up.

"I'm.. I.." I stuttered a little, and then took a deep breath. "I.. Never.. Dated anyone." I finally let it out. I hurried to cover my face, too embarrassed to look at him. If I was smart enough to look at him I would have seen a smile forming on his face.

I stood there with my face covered until I felt his hands grabbing my hands and removing them from my blushing face. I tried to avoid his gaze. I guess this is it.. If he wants to dump me it's better if he does that now.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" He asked.

"Because its embarrassing."

"Who says it's embarrassing? Everyone has their own pace, and I couldn't be happier since it's like that." Yongguk smiled.

"Your'e not dumping me?" I asked surprised.

"Why would I do that? I'm lucky since you don't have a mythological ex-boyfriend that I need to worry about coming back and taking you away from me and it also means I know you better than anyone, at least in some aspects.."

"Then what about your exes?" I asked.

"Won't come." he said confidently.

"How do you know?"

"I just do. Besides, I kind of guessed already that I'm your first love.." he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"How?"

"You just looked.. Too innocent. In a good way, and its cute. It's one of the reasons I fell for you."

"What else made you think that?" I asked curiously.

"Just.. Your behavior.. I don't know, I just got that feeling from you. I wasn't sure, but I'm happy it's like that." he pulled me closer to him for a hug.

"Thank you." I mumbled into his chest while hugging him.

"Babe.."

"What?" I snuggled closer into his chest without looking at him. I took a deep breath. I like his smell, and his warmth. I like him.

"Since I already knew your secret, how about you tell me something embarrassing about you that I don't know?" He asked and smiled innocently.

"No. You wasted your chance."

"Please.." He used his aegyo.

"Fine." I sighed. I can't win against his aegyo.. It's his secret weapon, and he uses it wisely. "But you can't tell anyone!"

"I won't." He zipped his mouth shut.

"When I was fifteen there was a talent show in our school. I performed a song and I practiced a lot for it. when it was my turn to sing I went on stage and then my dress ripped just above my chest. I had to hold the dress tightly through all the song so it won't fall down.."

"Did you win the talent show?"

"Yes, but I think it was from pity because of what happened.. I wasn't that good back then."

"Do you want to hear something about me?" he asked and I nodded. "I got rejected a lot. The first girl I approached to seemed nice, but after I gave her the letter she showed it to the whole school and rejected me pretty badly. Everyone laughed at me for a while because of it."

"How old were you?"

"thirteen."

"She was mean.. And stupid. She is probably regretting it by now. I would never do that to you." I mumbled whatever came to my mind.

"I know you won't.." he said and cupped my face.

"Oppa.."

"What is it?" Yongguk still didn't release me.

"Thanks for telling me about your bad dream and about this.."

"I like you." He suddenly said, and my heart was beating faster and faster.

"I like you as well." I said and cupped his face. I closed my eyes, waiting for him to kiss me, but it didn't happen. Instead, he just pulled apart. I opened my eyes confused.

"Date me, and I'll do whatever you want. I'll be all yours." He gave me a sly smile.

"Not fair." I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Your choice." He shrugged, and then continued walking towards my dorm. I went after him and jumped on his back. He was surprised at first, but then held me so I won't fall.

"What was that for?" Yongguk asked while piggybacking me to my dorm.

"I'm tired." I tightened my grip around him. "And your punishment."

"Aren't you punishing me enough already?"

"No. I'm suffering more." I argued.

"Silly.." I could tell he was smiling while saying that. "Last stop." He said when we arrived at my building. I reluctantly got off his back.

"Good night, oppa." I waved him goodbye.

"Good night, princess.. I'll see you tomorrow." he waved back, smiling. I entered the building smiling brightly. That night I didn't have nightmares at all.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

I know it's crappy, I'm sorry.. I just had a hard time writing it since I didn't have inspiration.

 

The puzzle pieces are slowly starting to connect..

I didn't forget about the meeting, it will happen soon.

 

On another note - 40 chapters! I really didn't think that I would manage to write that much and that people will read it, so thank you!

You'll forgive me if the story is really long, right? I just seem to get further away from my initial plot, and it's translated to a lot of chapters.. And I honestly don't know how long the story will be, but I have a lot of ideas for the plot..

 

Thank you so much! <3

 

M.