Chapter 1

Lifetime Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here?” A gasp along with a shocked voice was heard. I didn’t even bother to face him. Yes, I knew he was a ‘he’ because of his deep hoarse voice. I felt a jacket was placed around my shoulder and I let out a small gasp.

I glanced to the person and I saw him taking a seat beside me and shivered a little. I was about to return his jacket when he held my hand to prevent me from doing so.

“You haven’t answered my question yet.” He smiled to me. I didn’t even recognize him, why was he so nosey?

“It’s none of your business.” I said in rather harsh tone.

I heard him taking a deep breath before speaking, “I know. But I care to know. It’s night already and it’s raining. What are you doing here?”

“I’ve told you, it’s none of your business.” I said quite upset and was about to take off the jacket when he once again held me back.

“Okay, okay. It’s okay if you don’t want to answer my question, but don’t take it off. You might catch a cold later.” He said quickly.

I gave him a look. He was seriously weird and a bit dumb I guessed.

“Let the devil takes my life, I won’t even care.” I said. He gasped upon hearing my reply and shook his heads several times.

“You must be nuts. People try their best to stay alive and yet you wish to die? Are you for real?” He asked in an unbelievable manner.

“Yes, I am. My life is ruined. I don’t have any reason to live but I have thousands to die.” I said grumpily. My life was currently at the lowest point that I found it too cruel to be true. My dad passed away two weeks ago. It was already bad. I knew that people die and that was something that people can’t change no matter who they are. However, the fact that my dad died because he was murdered was just beyond my expectation. He was found with a pool of blood near him and I could tell that he was being tortured before he was murdered. But, that was not the only scene that made me want to die. Another cruelty appeared after that. My mom and I received a series of terrors before three days ago, I went home only to find my mom being pointed with a gun. I was so shocked that I barely could process the things happening at that time. Just then, I heard things that I hadn’t known before. I just knew that my dad wasn’t actually a director of a well-known company that he told us, he was actually a part of a mafia business in Hong Kong. Well, that explained why he had to go to Hong Kong a lot of times.

Yet, the story didn’t end just there. It turned out that his business hadn’t run well lately, so he owed another mafia boss a lot of money. However, the economy crisis that occurred in Hong Kong wasn’t going any better, so my dad could not return the money. For that, he had to pay a high price, such as my dad’s life. The mafia boss planned to kill both my mom and I, but his son showed up and said that he would marry me since he was interested in me. I didn’t know whether he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter