Chapter 3: Backtrack to the Start

Can't Deny It

Chapter 3 - Backtrack to the start

- Flashback 2007 - (no POV)

"Taecyeon!" Fany screamed while throwing her arms around Taec as he was waiting for her outside SM's training room. "Whoa! I'm about to fall over now."  Taecyeon chuckled while stumbling a few steps backwards. "Ooh! Looks who's here!" Jessica cooed while the rest of the girls walked out. "Ya! Can you two just get a room and stop straining my eyes with all the lovey-dovey that's going on." Hyoyeon blared, causing everyone else to laugh. "Bye!" Said Taecyeon while Fany buried herself into his arms, hiding from embarrassment. "Let's go!" Taecyeon tightened his grasp around Fany's hands as they walked to their place. 

 

"So ... what did you wanted to tell me?" Taecyeon smiled as they sat down on the picnic matt he had placed on the grass. Fany bit her lip, "Well ... there's quite a lot on today's agenda." "Okay. Agenda, great word choice Fany." Taecyeon laughed. "Oppa, I'm serious okay? Firstly, we're going to debut!" Munching on his sandwich, Taecyeon dropped his mouth midair, clearly shocked. "Oh my god WOW! Oh my god!" Shouted Taecyeon. Jumping up, Taecyeon made Fany up too, twirling her in circles. "That's awesome! I'm so happy and proud of you!" He ended it with a kiss. "Oppa ... You're gonna have to call me sunbae now ha!" "Yeah sunbae girlfriend? Well act nicely as a sunbae." "How am I not nice to you huh?" "Well ... " With that, Taecyeon pointed his finger to his lips, causing Tiffany to blush. "Ya Ok Taecyeon. Finish hearing me out first. Since CSHJ Stephanie sunbaenim already took our name, Lee Sooman saem said I'd be called Tiffany instead. Also, I might not be able to see you that often after debut because of the hectic schedules." The atmosphere instantly cooled down by what seemed like 50 degrees Celsius. Hanging a weak smile on his face, Taecyeon wrapped his arms around Fany's waist, pulling her closer. "Why are you frowning? This, well the first part at least, is GREAT news Fany. And ... we both knew this would happen but this is our dream isn't it? Would you care to give a smile now?" Hearing this, Fany returned a slight smile. "Hey. Plus ... I'm gonna join you aboard idol life real soon. So you better prepare coz your almighty toothy boyfriend is about to kick !" "Wait really? When will you debut?" "Soon. Real soon."

 

- End of Flashback-

 

{Tiffany POV}

Taec and I chat for the rest of the flight and all signs of awkwardness left, thank god! "Please fasten your seat belts and prepare for take off." The announcer broadcasted. "You guys free later?" Taec asked as we fastened our seat belts. "Yeah we don’t have any practices or schedules planned until tomorrow. You guys?" "Nope. Wanna meet up?" Would it be alright? After all the recent things that had happened? "Uh ... I don't know what the others have planned. We can ask them later perhaps?" It took Oppa sometime to reply. But his response definitely shocked me. "I was thinking of just you and me. Didn't you want to watch Mission Impossible 5?" It’s not like I haven’t hung out with Taec alone, but after Khun and all that, if we get caught, we’ll be screwed … right? No ... But before my brain could knock some sense into me, I said, "That'll be great!"

 

{Taecyeon's POV}

I don't know why but there's always this surge of mixed feelings wash over me whenever Fany's around. The members and SNSD members were just chilling while we waited for our managers. I walked to Fany, Taeyeon, Yoona, Khun and Minjun. "So leave after this?" I said to Fany. "Yeah sure! I can drive." Her smile radiated before turning into a confused look seeing the others' hard-to-describe emotions. "What's wrong?" Fany asked. "Where you going later, missy?” Taeyeon squinted her eyes at Fany. Laughing hysterically like she always does, Yoona said, "Unnie! You're so protective!" "We're just going to watch MI5 people. Taeyeon ah, you really need to relax some times." I said. In return, I got a scowl from all three girls. "Man, we were planning on grabbing something to eat altogether since both our groups are free." Minjun explained. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” I defended. “I did son. You were in fantasy land with Ms. Hwang” growled hyung. “Oppa don’t call me that!” Tiffany’s aegyo made us all laugh. ”Taec you didn't even think about asking us to the movies huh?" Khun twinkled his eyes at both Fany and I in a peculiar matter. "Just telling in advance, I'm totally fine with you two ... you know?" He wiggles his brows, cracking up the others. Looking to the side, Fany was blushing/fuming. Taking our defence, I started, "Wow Khun, you've got no originality, using the same speech I did last year. Second of all, Fany's my baby sis so don’t you dare . Lastly, daaaum you two are the most peaceful and amicable ex-couple I've ever met in my life!” I ended up getting hit by both of them :(

 

We mingled with the Korean goddesses for a bit longer before deciding to have dinner altogether at a later hour since it was only 3 in the afternoon. Good thing our schedule was kept private: no paps or fans came. I love Hottests but I need a breather once in awhile too, you understand? And SONEs are just gonna kill me if they see me with yet another SNSD member …  (sigh) … am I that bad of a candidate for GG bae? Anyways, while our members left with our respective managers, I followed Fany to the parking lot, in search of her pink (what a surprise) car. Although there weren’t any paps or fans waiting for us as usual, we were both cautious of any hidden sasaengs (seriously, they need to get a life …) or Dispatch prawns.

 

{Tiffany’s POV}

Since my car is - obviously and righteously - pink, it didn't take long for us to find it. As I fumbled for my car keys, I see Taec cautiously distancing himself from me, with his eyes sweeping left and right like a radar. Aigh chincha … oppa gets full marks on TOEFL but can be so dumb sometimes … “Oppa, there won't be any paps here; nor fans.” “Ara ara. Still gotta be careful.” OMG. “Ani oppa, this is a private carpark only for top-priority celebs. The floor below us is for politicians. That’s why you need to get your own freaking car ASAP and start to know all these info” I shook my head in disbelief. “Ah … chincha? Lol, if I was told earlier, I wouldn’t have to act so sketchy … hehe sorry.” He chuckled. Sigh … why does he have to be so adorable? Just then, a car’s honk woke me from my trance. I unlocked my car, but before I went into the driver’s spot, Taec took the keys from me, “You look really tired. I’ll drive.” And just like that, he hunched down to the driver’s seat, while I walked over to the passenger’s seat. I mean, I do not mind some extra sleep at all. “Thanks oppa!” Igniting the engines, Taec winked at me. 

 

“I’m gonna play some music, kay?” Taec turned the knob as the traffic light turned red. “Hm … okay.” “What you wanna listen to?” “Uh … I don’t know. Ballads?” “No problem.” With that said, the melody of 2am’s I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me wafted smoothly in the air. I love the song. But I’m not feeling it too much today. I guess it’s because the talk with oppa on the plane reminds me of our past. Seriously though, we’ve never talked about it, it seemed like that never happened.