Chapter 2: It Was You 2

Can't Deny It

Chapter 2: It Was You 2

{Tiffany’s POV}

1st class cabin only had 2 seats per row and since maknae had flown home earlier, I was sitting alone.

“Ehm 8B here?” I heard that voice again, that guy’s voice. Wanting to disguise my real identity, I nodded while ducking my head as low as possible. I waited till his shuffling noise came to a stop. Pretending to fall asleep, I heard him sigh as he buckled himself. Phew! What a …. SNAP! He, or someone else, tapped me on the shoulder. Should I respond him? Nah … You’re asleep … asleep.

“Ya Steph!” “Huh? Yeah?” To my surprise, the man in front of me who was wiggling his big, flappy ears, spreading his arms apart as if in anticipation for my hug, was Taec. “Ah! Cheongmal oppa!” I shrieked as I returned his hug. Good thing first class was only us and 2pm and our managers. Geez, what a scene would I have made!

Regardless how happy I was to see my big friend, I was NOT amused by his acting skills … and the stupidity I have displayed to him. “So … would you like to tell me why you had to tease me like that?” I hissed once we’ve settled down for take-off.

{Taecyeon’s POV}

I guess all women are the same. Fortunately, the flight attendants came just right in time to my rescue from Steph’s glaring. “What would you like, Mr. Ok?” The young flight attendant asked in a very … flirtatious and friendly tone. “Uh … water will be fine. For her too, thanks.” I said as calmly as I could. “Sparkling water? For a sparkling you?” the attendant continued. Just then, Fany smirked and teased me with her eye smiles. Screw it; she’ll definitely make fun of me for the rest of the flight. Oh well … “Nah. We’d both like …” “Actually, please do give us some sparkling water. Kamsahamnida.” Fany butted in. I glanced sideways, throwing her my gloomiest look possible. As we both got our water, that attendant finally stepped away. Really though … FINALLY.

 “So … Mr. Sparkles, that attendant reminds of something.” Fany started. “Yeah? What?” I replied hastily. “Well … it’s been quite some time since you had a date as I recall. Even if I counted that one you had with Jessica.” “Ya! Why are you smearing salt into my wound? Plus, you know Jessica and I were only trying to see how things would be if we stepped out of the friend zone. ONLY TRYING! And we all know, thanks to Dispatch, we’re just not meant to be. Isn't she with that Coridel guys by the way?” “Okay … okay … okay … I was just joking. And yeah, she's with him, much to our ... uh ... Anyways, but seriously though, if we’re not counting Jessica” “Which we aren’t” “Exactly. It means you haven’t been dating, excuse me, been on a date since … "

 

{Tiffany's POV}

"It means you haven't been dating, excuse me, been on a date since ... " I teased Taec while recalling his "long" list of girls. After having a few dates with Jessica, Taecyeon's never mentioned of a girl. And before Jess, he's only dated that irrelevant American girl long long ago and ... "You." Drats. Before I could say anything, Taec beat me to the memory game. Nothing was spoken before I decided things would get waaay to awkward. "Right. Me." Silence. What the hell Hwang Miyoung! Giving project save-me-from-this-awkwardness another go, I joked, "But seriously, we were like ..." "18." "18?" "I was 18, you were 17 I think." Another brief silence went by. "Taec, you really need to stop this habit of yours." I giggled, faking my normal self. "What habit? You need to stop faking cheeriness on a regular basis." "First of all, I was referring to your habit of always interrupting others mid-sentence." I started, "And ... " Watching Taec raising his eyes in defence, with his mouth hung ajar, I gave him a glare, silencing him before continuing, "I am cheerful. Naturally." "Okay ... that sass was unnecessary." Hearing that, I raised my left brow. "I ... I didn't mean that. Don't be mad at me. Please?" I continued giving Taec my grim look before his aegyo cracked me up. "There we go! Cheerful Fany back in the house people!" He outburst. "Excuse me sir, there are people trying to sleep here." Another attendant told us. 

 

{Taecyeon's POV}

Shaking her head, Fany's luscious hair swayed to both sides of her face, "Tsk tsk tsk Taec. Taec? Taec!" Upon her third call, I woke up from my trance. "Uh yeah? " Idiot! I mentally slapped myself.  "What were you looking at?" "Uh nothing? Nothing." I could sense that Fany was so not buying what I said. "Anyways ... was I your real 2nd date after that American girl?" American girl? Oh ... Jessica, non-SNSD Jessica. How does she look like again? "Taec?" "Oh yeah. Um ... yeah ... you were my 2nd ... date I guess? Geez, I guess I never had a girlfriend." I ended with a chuckle. "WHAT! Not even American Jessi?" "Of course not. We just both wanted to have someone so we can fit into the boy-girl friend culture. We dated for 2 months not even." "2 months? Omo Ok Taecyeon, you dated me the longest?" Fany hushed. A flinch of pain crossed my heart. "Yeah." I responded sheepishly. . Here comes the awkwardness. Do something Ok Taecyeon! "I mean, we didn't date that long either. Why did you have to bring this up? Making things all weird and stuff. You're my sis now, right?" I joked, though my heart somehow wasn't in a joking mood. 

 

{Tiffany's POV}

"You're my sis now, right?" Sis. That word that ended us. That word which led us to such a bad time.