Kkaebsong

The Byun Family

-Taeyeon-

 

 

 

  We could never spend a day without hearing Baekhyun says 'Kkaebsong'.

  For those who doesn't know what 'Kkaebsong' means. It's a word made by Baekhyun, which he always says whenever he jokes but he fails, or when he done something regretful. Kkaebsong can also means 'sorry'. And yeah, it became Baekhyun's trendmark. Of course, it sounded funny if he says that. I bet you'll laugh, too. But after hearing it for a hundred times? Try to think again.

  Baekhyun always say that in the house, at least once. From the time he wakes up,

 

   "Aigoo, it's six O'clock! I have a meeting to attend! God, i have to get ready for-"

  "Yah, yeobo. What kind of meeting that be held on Sunday?"

  "... Oh yeah, i forgot. Hehe, Kkaebsong."

 

  When he helps me cook breakfast,

 

   "Honey! This is sugar, not salt!"

  "Oops, Kkaebsong! I'll get it~"

 

  Even when he plays with the kids,

 

  "Gakkung!"

  "..."

  "Not funny, eh? Hehe, Kkaebsong."

 

  The thing is, he said that all the time. And i gotta admit, it's kinda annoying. But i can't just tell him that. It's his trendmark, something he is proud of. If i tell my opinion bluntly, he might be sad. So, i guess i have to get use to it.

  And in one faithful day, i didn't realize 'Kkaebsong' would be a memorable word in my life.

 

 

  It was 9 am in the morning. Baekhyun took two pieces of gimbap and stuffed one into his mouth. He grabbed his navy blue tie and placed it around his neck. As if it was a que to me, i approached him and began helping him to put on the tie (classic housewife's job.)

  "What do you want for dinner?" I asked.

  "Uhm.." Baekhyun swallowed his food, "i'm kinda in the mood of eating fish."

  "Alright, i'll make a special menu, then."

  "Yosh."

  I let out a chuckle. After i finished working on his tie, i cupped his face and give him a peck on his lips, "Fighting on your work, honey."

  Baekhyun couldn't help but grin, "I'll be home early." He caressed my cheek before stepping towards the door. Perhaps he's not being careful, he stumbled a bit. Thankfully, he didn't fall. With an awkward laugh, he turned the door knob, "Kkaebsong~" and left our apartment. That would be his first kkaebsong. I wonder when would he say that again.

  Helping the husband preparing for work, done. Now the second task, taking kids to the morning routine.

  I made my way to the kids room. Nayeon and Jaehyun are still lying on the mattress, sleeping with their tiny mouths open (just like their father kkkk.) Nayeon's arm is on Jaehyun's face, as the baby boy's leg is on Nayeon's stomach. I knelt to the mattress and lied right on top of them (using my elbows as supports, of course. I don't want to squash my children.)

  I snuggled my nose to Nayeon's chubby cheek. Smelling her baby scent.I looked at Jaehyun and caressed his hair, "It's breakfast time and you guys haven't wake up yet, huh?"

  Hearing the word, 'breakfast', Jaehyun instantly open his eyes. He looked at me, "Ma?"

  I chuckled, never fails with that trick. "Good morning, baby~ have you sleep well?"

  The baby boy rubbed his eyes, then looked around before back at me. "Uuunng.. uung.." he began mumbling with his own language. Meanwhile, his sister Nayeon's eyes went teary as soon she woke up. She began to sob.

  "Aigoo.. aigoo.. is your diaper full?" I sat up and checked their pants, "Woah, they're full! Let's get you two clean first before you eat, alright?"

  I lifted the children and brought them to the bathroom, where i'll wash their faces and change their diapers. I may have a small figure but i actually have quite strong biceps, thanks to the twins who always want to be carried at the same time. Even Baekhyun is surprised seeing that fact too.

  After ten to fifteen minutes of struggling to put a fresh diaper on them, i took them to the baby seats. Two bowls of fruit puree i've prepared earlier were placed on each baby seats table. As i sat them, Jaehyun instantly took the spoon and scooped his food, causing a small amount of puree spilled to the table. 

  I laughed and held his bowl for him so it won't fell as he scoops. While i use my other hand to feed Nayeon. Sometimes, when their papa isn't around, or when she's not in the mood, Nayeon refuses to eat. Unlike her brother who always gets excited when it comes to food. So i have to feed her.

  "Here comes the airplane~ Whooosh~" I spun the spoon as if it was an airplane while moving it to Nayeon's mouth (The most common trick to feed kids. But it works most of the time. Seriously, i gotta thank who invented this.) Nayeon opened wide as a spoonful of puree entered .

  "Is it good?" I asked. Jaehyun stared at me excitedly, "eung~"

 

  After feeding the kids, i put them into the baby box and about do my third job being a housewife: cleaning the house.

 

  Starting from vacuuming, mopping, cleaning the windows, washing the dishes, making beds. I've done it all within three hours. Ahh... can you believe i have to do these stuffs everyday? I couldn't imagine what my mother felt when i was young. Me and my siblings will always making the house in a mess even though it was just five minutes after my mother cleaned it. 

  Now remember, kids. If your mother told you to do chores, quit whining and just do it. Or if you want to mess the house up, think again. Because i'll tell you kids, especially for girls, you will experience how exhausting it feels to clean the whole house, and to have a fragile back, of course.

 

  I threw myself to the couch, catching my breath. Sweats were all over my body which a sign for me to take a shower. I decided to rest for a few minutes.

  A moment after, my phone rang at the coffee table. I reached my hand to the phone and answers the call. It was my friend, Miyoung.

  "Hello?"

  "Taeyeon-ah, where are you?"

  "At home. Why?"

  "There's a sale at the store two blocks from my office. 40% all item! Let's go there!"

  I chuckled, "I can't, Miyoung. I need to take care of my kids, remember?"

  "Oh, yeah..." she sounded a bit disappointed, "That's too bad. Okay, i'll just ask Hyoyeon to come with me. I'll try to find cute clothes for you, alright?"

 

  "Hey, there's no need-" without waiting me to finish my sentence, the woman across the phone has ended the call. I sighed. A single woman like Miyoung must've been so free. Can travel anywhere, buy anything, doesn't have to think about dividing her money for her family matters. But it's not like i regret being married. In fact, i'm happy as i am right now. It's just the differences made me fascinated.

  A hand was placed on my toes at sudden made me startle. Thank god my feet didn't reflex kicking it because it was Jaehyun's.  He looked at me with his usual-curious eyes, "Maa maaaa." He called.

  "Yes, what is it dear?"

  The baby boy kept his pokerface began mumbling something. Repeating the same word over and over again while giggling inbetween. It wasn't really clear at first, until i finally realized what that word is. My eyes widened, and are getting bigger when Nayeon crawls in and following Jaehyun's lead.

 

 

 

 

 

oOo

 

 

 

  "I'm hooommee~" the cheerful voice was heard at the door when the clock strikes at 8 PM. Ah, just in time.

  "Taeyeon? Where are you?" I heard Baekhyun called me while stepping to the living room. Looking at me who's sitting there with my kids strangely. I used to welcome him just at the moment he stepped into the door. But now, i have a bigger news i forgot to do that.

  "Yeobo! Look what have you done to our kids!" What i said to Baekhyun made him more confused. He just stares at me with an eyebrow raised while blinking rapidly. I carried Jaehyun to show him, "Come on, honey. Say it to Appa."

  And there Jaehyun said it again. Silence came for awhile. Baekhyun had his mouth opened in disbelief. A very hard laughter was heard afterward. Baekhyun laughed so hard he even fell on his knees, he just can't believe what was his son said. He took Jaehyun from me, "Jaehyun-ah, did you really just say that? Say it again!" He asked the baby. I can see his eyes twinkled.

  The baby understood, and grinned, "Kye... Kkaebsyong!"

  Baekhyun laughed again, "Oh my god, yeobo! Is that his first word?"

  While taking Nayeon to my lap, i gave him a nod, "His very first word."

  "But, how is it possible?" Baekhyun puts so much effort to stop his laughter, "Can- can Nayeon do it too?"

   I looked at Nayeon who's busy playing her chewing toy. I caressed her hair, "Nayeon just followed Jaehyun. But she couldn't say it clearly."

  Baekhyun stood up and looking at Jaehyun happily. He raised the baby up high and began spinning around, "My son's first word is my word!! Muahahahah!"

  I can't stand but laugh as well. Baekhyun hugged him and rapidly kissing Jaehyun's cheek. He seemed so happy, and i can see Jaehyun looks as happy as his dad.

 

  Well, Kkaebsong word can be very annoying. But i wouldn't thought it's my son's first word!

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Is it really possible for 'kkaebsong' as first word for babies?? Lol.

anyway, I'M DEEPLY APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A LONG TIME I'M SUCH A LAZY POTATO

idk why but i felt like something's missing without putting that legendary word into the Baekhyun's fics. so, i hope you like it this chap. and i promise to try update more regularly starting now. thank you so much for reading!