Shots Fired

This Means War

Junhyuk woke up to the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen. I must have slept in, Junhyuk thought to himself. Moonkyu always woke Junhyuk up on Saturdays. Junhyuk suddenly remembered the arguement that had taken place the day before. Junhyuk didn't want to get out of his bed but his growling stomach pleaded otherwise.

The room quiteted as Junhyuk entered the kitchen. Taehyun was at the sink washing dishes and it appeared that everyone had finished eating. Moonkyu stared blankly and Junhyuk intensifying the silence before saying:

"Good morning Junhyuk...Did you sleep well?" A smile crept across his face.

"I guess I did," Junhyuk replied, scratching the back of his head. "Are there any leftovers?"


*Fifteen minutes earlier*

"So has everyone finished eating?" Moonkyu asked anxiously wiping his hands on his apron.

"Yeah," the sleepy group replied in unison.

Moonkyu proceed to clear the table of all dishes, moving them to the sink. 

"That was delicious," Hojung announced leaning back in his chair.

"Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll make it again soon," Moonkyu replied scraping the leftovers into the garbage can. 

"Shouldn't you save those for Junhyuk?" Sungwoon asked.

"Uh um..." Moonkyu stuttered, rapidly disposing of the food. "Um no he doesn't like Omurice..."

"Junhyuk eats anything," San commented.

"Everything but Omurice." Moonkyu replied.

The members returned to they're previous conversation knowing it was best to never argue with Mama Moonkyu. 


 

"No, sorry. Everyone ate and it was gone before we new it," Moonkyu said maintaining the same uneasy, fake smile.

Junhyuk's stomach growled again. He groaned and shuffled over to the refrigerator. The refrigerator echoed with emptiness.

"What happened to Thursday's leftovers?" Junhyuk inquired.

"Oh those....they were old so I threw them out."

"What happened to the Ramyun?"

"Expired."

"And the rice?"

"Used the rest of it in this mornings breakfast."

"What was for breakfast?"

"....Omurice."

"I missed out on Omurice?" 

"I thought you hated it..."

Junhyuk, upon realizing Moonkyu was seeking revenge, wasn't about to lose this argument.

"Why didn't you wake me up with the rest of the members?" Junhyuk asked crossing his arms and raising one eyebrow.

"I wanted you to be extra rested for today," Moonkyu said flashing another artificial smile.

"Well I guess I'm taking a trip to the grocery store. Anyone coming along?"

Sungwoon raised his hand, "I will." 

Sungwoon was the only member other than Junhyuk who ever felt like leaving the dorm. 

"Great, be ready by ten so we can catch the bus," Junhyuk said pretending his empty stomach wasn't causing immense pain.

"Ok!" Sungwoon agreed excitedly. Leaving the dorm with Junhyuk was always fun. He always felt closest to Junhyuk at time like this, times when Moonkyu wasn't between them. Sungwoon eagerly changed out of his lounge wear and into something a little more presentable.

"Ready? Junhyuk asked.

"Yep," Sungwoon chirped. His arms swung at his sides with excitement.

"Alright then, we're leaving now guys," Junhyuk shouted to the rest of the household. "We'll be back in an hour or so."

Sungwoon and Junhyuk exited the dorm and began making their way towards the bus stop. 

"Why's Moonkyu mad at you?" Sungwoon asked after about a block of silence.

"I'm being insensitive," Junhyuk admitted.

"Ah. I see. What Moonkyu did was really mean though. I thought about waking you up but Moonkyu ordered us to allow you to sleep."

Junhyuk sighed, "I'm trying not to lose my patience."

"You're doing a great job," Sungwoon reassured Junhyuk.

But not for long. Junhyuk's patience was slipping fast and a million revenge plots flooded him as he tried to think of a way to get back at Moonkyu. What could I take from Moonkyu? What does Moonkyu love? Well he is obsessed with bubble tea.

"Hey Sungwoon"

"Yeah"

"After the shopping trip wanna grab a bubble tea at the cafe?"

Sungwoons heart skipped a beat "Yes!" he realized he replied to eagerly, cleared his throat and replied, "yeah sure, if you want to"

 


 Sungwoon and Junhyuk returned to the dorm just before lunch, bubble tea in hand. 

"What do I have to work with?" Moonkyu asked referring to the lunch arangement and taking the bags from Sungwoon and Junhyuk. Junhyuk ignored Moonkyu. Moonkyu glanced at the bubble tea. Ha so petty, he thought to himself, you'll have to try harder than that.

"We got just about everything," Sungwoon said hurrying past Moonkyu.


"What are you plotting?" Sungwoon asked startling Junhyuk who was anxiously biting his finger nail.

"What? Um....uh. nothing." Junhyuk said hastily.

"I can tell you're up to something. You're biting your nails.

Junhyuk quickly removed his nail from between his teeth. 

"Ok sit down. I'll tell you," Junhyuk signed.

Sungwoon eagerly sat next to Junhyuk.

"Ok so we have to come up with things Moonkyu likes or values," Junhyuk began.

"Right," Sungwoon knodded.

"Wait," Junhyuk interrupted, "How do I know I can trust you not to tell Moonkyu?"

"Picky promise!"

The boys interlocked pinkies and pressed their thumbs together.

"As I was saying. Think about were Moonkyu spends most of his time."

"The practice room!"

"Exactly, he's there everyday. We cant just demolish the company practice room though. So how can we take it from Moonkyu?"

"Im not sure....any ideas?"

Junhyuk laughed. "Im glad you asked." 

Junhyuk reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, glass bottle shaped, object.

Sungwoon's eyes widened, "Is that a-"

"Yes it is," Junhyuk interrupted. "Tomorrow we detonate it. Moonkyu will be defeated and no practice for us either."

Sungwoon liked the sound of no practice. But even more he liked the sound of revenge. Moonkyu couldn't top this one.

Shots Fired huh Moonkyu? Junhyuk thought to himself. Oh its only just begun.