The Beginning of The End

This Means War

Moonkyu threw down his chopsticks, pushed his chair back and stood up.

 

"I'm tired of this, Junhyuk!" Moonkyu shouted.

 

Junhyuk who had already risen from the table, turned and stared at Moonkyu confused.

 

"Huh?" He mumbled, unsure why Moonkyu raised his voice. 

 

 The screech of chairs sliding across wood floors broke the silence as the members clumsily tried to escape the brewing fight.

 

Moonkyu untied his apron and threw it to the floor, "I'm tired of doing everything around here!" Moonkyu yelled, his face growing red. He and Junhyuk had never been in a fight before.

 

"I'm confused, where is this coming from?" Junhyuk asked.

 

"Everyday I cook dinner, clean the dorm and wash the dishes. I'm tired of doing it all by myself!" Moonkyu said folding his arms.

 

"Okay," Junhyuk said slowly in a calm tone,"Why don't you have Hojung help you then, he always volunteers to clean up around the dorm."

 

"Are you crazy? That boy makes messes as he's cleaning!" Moonkyu yelled loud enough for Hojung to hear. Hojung cried into his pillow. 

 

"Fine, I'll help with the dishes tonight." Junhyuk sighed. 

 

"No," Moonkyu yelled, "I dont want your help now!"

 

"I'm so confused, Moonkyu, just tell me what you want me to do!" Junhyuk said, trying not to raise his voice.

 

"I want you to help out without me having to tell you to!" Moonkyu cried.

 

"Well sorry I can't read your mind! Oh hmm let's see... Moonkyu wants the laundry folded tonight," Junhyuk replied mockingly.

 

Moonkyu clenched his teeth and folded his fingers up into fists. I tear rolled down his cheek as he stared at the floor.

 

"Get out...of the kitchen," he said barely above a whisper.

 

"I didn't-" 

 

Moon Kyu cut Junhyuk off, "Get out of the kitchen!," he shouted looking back up at Junhyuk with eyes full of tears.

 

Junhyuk rolled his eyes and exited the kictchen. The members were all waiting just outside the kitchen. They looked up at Junhyuk as he entered the room as if to say, "what was that all about?"

 

Junhyuk let out a sigh and sat down on the couch next to San. "Looks like Moonkyu is tired of being the mom around here," he said running his fingers through his hair.

 

"I try to help..." Hojung whispered, eyes pink and glassy.

 

"Hojung," Junhyuk said, "You kinda just at 'helping.'"

 

Hojung cried once more returning his face to his pillow.

 

"From now on guys, we need to help out around here. Your mom is under alot of stress right now and he needs rest. Someone help Moonkyu finish the dishes please. He wants nothing to do with me right now."

 

Taehyun stood up, gave a confirming nod and entered the kitchen. Taehyun always knew what to say in these kinds of situations and his kind a reassuring words would no doubt stir up some sense in Moonkyu.

 

"As for the rest of us," Junhyuk said, "We are going to whip this place  into shape."

 

The members groaned in unison as their eyes scanned the horrendously disorganized dorm. A pile of clothes laid in the door way, several pieces of scrap paper littered the floor. A chair in the far corner of the room overflowed with shoes and a box in front of it overflowed with body products. A few plates, glasses and chopsticks covered the coffee table. A jumbled mass of phone chargers crowded the outlet. The floors were covered in a fine layer of dirt.

 

Junhyuk handed Hojung a garbage bag, made San in charge of the shoes, clothes and body products and handed Sungwoon a broom and mop. He proceed to gather up the dirty dishes and walk them into the kitchen. Junhyuk came to a halt in the doorway of the kitchen, disturbed by what unfolded before his eyes. Moonkyu was scooping up handfulls of bubbles and throwing them into Taehyuns face. A loud giggle was omitted from Moonkyu as Taehyun began returning the act. He placed a dollop of suds on Moonkyu's nose. Moonkyu shook his head furiously to knock them off. Junhyuk watched the two boys for a moment, growing increasingly jealous before interrupting.

 

"AH HEM," He cleared his throat and entered.

Moonkyu looked up wiped his nose on the sleeve of his shirt and continued scrubbing the dishes. Junhyuk slowy approached the sink. Taehyun looked up at Junhyuk nodding his head toward the exit as to say, "get out before you upset him again."

 

"Here, these were in the living room," Junhyuk said under his breath holding out a stack of dirty dishes. 

 

Moonkyu didn't turn around. 

 

"I'll take them," Taehyun said reaching for the stack of dishes in Junhyuk's hands. 

 

"Wait," Junhyuk said. He grabbed Moonkyu's shoulder in an attempt to spin him around. Moonkyu pulled his shoulder forward, breaking away from Junhyuk's hand.

 

"So the silent treatment it is then?" Junhyuk asked setting the dishes in the sink and storming out of the room.

 

"Moonkyu, you shouldn't ignore him he's just trying to help," Taehyun pleaded.

 

"Well I don't want his help now," Moonkyu said, furiously pushing a sponge in circles across a plate.


Junhyuk went back to the living room to supervise the progress. Things were looking good. Hojung was picking up trash -a job he couldn't mess up-, Sungwoon was mopping dirt up off the floor and San was sorting shoes and other various clothing items. Junhyuk picked up a mop and got to work. The silent treatment, huh. He thought to himself. We'll see how long that lasts. He let out a heavy sign. The images of Taehyun and Moonkyu flirting flashed in his head. He mopped a little faster. He could still hear the two boys giggling in the kitchen. Jealously erupted within him. He mopped a little faster. I won't be manipulated, Junhyuk thought to himself. This means war...