DAY 06 - ARE WE LOST?

100 Days Dating
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Dara woke up with a throbbing headache. What the heck happened last night? She adjusted her eyes to the sunlight that reflects through her window and she finally got up.

She noticed the yellow sticky note on her bedside table. She read the note, she smiled. Lee Donghae you jerk. She took the flash drive and tried to scan what’s inside it in her laptop. Momentarily, she forgot her morning hang over. She discovered Donghae made a playlist for her and it mostly consists her favorite songs. How come he knows? And a sudden realization hit her. Could it be… he was the one who asked the waiter to play the song at the café yesterday? Sneaky Donghae.

She played the songs in the flash drive and sang along to it.

“I didn’t know music is an effective cure for hangovers?” she didn’t notice her mom already entered her room bringing a glass of water and hangover medicine. “Or is it because of a happy heart?” her mom teased.

She just smiled at her mom and took the hangover meds she brought her. “Mom, what happened last night?”

“You came home pretty drunk. Actually you passed out and Donghae had to carry you on his back. Good thing you’re so light he didn’t had a hard time bringing you home.”

She felt embarrassed at what her mom told her. “Really? I can’t remember.”

Her mom nodded, “you called out his name in your sleep last night”, she added.

Her face flushed, “what? Was he still here when I did that?”

Another nod. “Hey, why don’t you cook breakfast for him this time? Maybe as a way of thanking him for bringing you home safely last night?” her mom suggested.

“Actually, I was thinking the same. Help me cook for him?”

“I’d love to. You know, Dara, the easiest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”, her mom just gave her a wink “come down quickly!” her mom said and left her room.

She picked up her phone and texted Donghae.

                You awake?

No reply. She sent another text.

                Lee Donghae? Get up!

Still, no reply.

Go ahead, sleep in. You probably had a hard time last night. And btw thanks for bringing me home. Good morning, sleepyhead!

She proceeded to their kitchen and helped out her mom in preparing all the ingredients.

Her dad seemed to notice that they’re both busy in the kitchen. “Wow, this is an unusual morning. Dara cooking breakfast. What is this, ‘wifehood tutorial’?” her dad .

“Dad, you’re starting again? It’s just my simple way of thanking Donghae for bringing me home safely last night”, she explained.

Her dad agreed, “yes do that… you’re giving the guy a hard time. That’s not how you treat your man nicely, Dara. You should be extra sweet and caring like your mother.”

“Jeez dad, stop it already.”

“Okay, fine. I’m out. Just remember this, I’m team Donghae all the way. Forget about that ex of yours and just focus on Lee Donghae”, and he left for the breakfast table bringing his morning newspaper along with him.

“Your dad is really fond of him”, her mom commented.

“I can see that”, she just smiled and glanced at her dad’s direction.

Dara and her mom continued cooking and when they were finished, they arranged everything in a lunch box. Dara’s breakfast menu consists of beef, egg, kimchi, soup and some side dishes. She packed everything and got herself ready to deliver it to Donghae’s place.

Just when she was about to go she realized she have one serious problem – she didn’t know where he lives.

Donghae has been living independently from his parents and just lately, she heard from her friends that he just moved in to his new pad. He hasn’t formally invited them there yet since everybody was busy. Only two among their friends have been there – TOP and Bom, since their company were the ones who made Donghae’s home furniture.

She was kind of hesitant at first to contact either of the two but later on, she decided to call TOP instead, since she’s quite sure that he won’t mind her asking where Donghae lives because if she’d ask Bom, for sure she’ll ask her a series of questions.

She dialed TOP’s number and waited for him to pick up.

“Yes, Dara?”

“Hey, did I wake you?”

“No you didn’t. I’m just preparing for my morning jog.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, fire away.”

“By any chance, do you know where Donghae lives?”

It took TOP seconds to answer her back, “I have his address. Want me to text it to you?”

“If it’s not too much of a hassle, please?”

“Why are you asking for his address anyways?”

“Uh… well… there’s this kind of work-related stuff I just had to give to him today. Our company’s thinking of hiring their services for our online platform”, liar liar pants on fire.

“I see”, he sounded suspicious, “I’ll just text it to you then”.

“Thank you! Sorry for disturbing you.”

“No problem. Bye Dara.”

“Bye.” She hanged up.

She was about to board her car when she got TOP’s text message. It contained Donghae’s address and a PS note from TOP, I smell something fishy.

She replied, it’s probably your armpit sweating :P

Dara drove to Donghae’s place. Minutes later, she’s at his doorstep. She rang the doorbell and waited for him to open the door.

No Donghae.

Maybe he’s not home? She rang again.

Later on the door opened and she was greeted by a topless Donghae. She was shocked at what she saw and her gaze remained on Donghae’s abs.

Donghae was also shocked when he opened the door and saw Dara standing there carrying something. He didn’t know what to do, he hugged himself instead to cover his bare upper body. “Uh, what are you doing here?”

She cleared . She realized she’s been staring long at his abs. “Eh… uh… err… breakfast?” she lifted the paper bag she was carrying.

He probably realized that he hasn’t invited her in yet, “oh yeah right, come in. Sorry, I didn’t know you’re coming I wasn’t able to prepare something or even clean up, just wait here”, Donghae said and entered his room.

Dara studied Donghae’s place. Clean up? Your place is squeaky clean you idiot. And if I tell you I’m coming over won’t be a surprise anymore. She placed the paper bag she brought on top of Donghae’s dining table and took out the lunchbox she prepared. “Ya, Lee Donghae where are your plates?”

“It’s in the cupboard”, Donghae went outside his room, this time he’s wearing an Iron Man character shirt, still in his pajamas. “Wow, how sweet of you to cook breakfast for me”, Donghae gave her a wide smile and peeked through the lunch boxes she brought. “I’m hungry already.”

They both ate their breakfast and Dara volunteered to wash the dishes.

“You’re my guest, you can’t wash the dishes.”

“I insist.”

“Let me do it”, he took the plates from her.

“Lee Donghae, you’re being stubborn again. I’ll do it.” She took the plates back.

“Fine, let’s do it together”, he then splashed some water on her.

“Ya! Quit playing” she tried to nudge him.

Donghae nudged her back. This time, he wiped a handful of foam on her face.

“Ya! Lee Donghae!! You want to play this game huh?” then right there she also wiped a handful of foam on his face.

The two were like kids, splashing water towards each other and wiping the foam residue on their faces. They were both laughing so hard when they realized the mess they made.

Dara thought of a brilliant idea, “Lee Donghae, you said I’m your guest, right? So, you’ll clean this mess up, right?” she said while taking a few steps backward.

He immediately understood what she’s trying to say. She’s bailing out on him. “Dara, you said you’d help me”, he joked.

“Err, I change my mind. I want to enjoy the perks of being your visitor”.

“Alright then, suit yourself. Make yourself comfortable, I’ll just clean this up.”

Dara toured Donghae’s place. She inspected every corner. She looked for Donghae’s artworks but there were no visible artworks around. He must’ve kept it somewhere. She studied the books on his shelf, mostly business and art books. On the topmost shelf were miniature action figures. I didn’t know he liked these stuff. She eventually sat on the couch and waited for Donghae to finish, she didn’t realize she already dozed off.

Donghae was finally done cleaning up. When he went back to the living room, he saw Dara already asleep on his couch. This sleepyhead. He took his camera and snapped a photo of her. He sat beside her and rested his head for a while on the backrest but later on, he also fell asleep.

Dara woke up feeling warm, like she’s hugging som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter