mingyu + height

mingyu + height

“Ahhh, seriously” you cursed as you fidgeted, trying to adjust yourself so you could see the board clearly.

You dreaded geography lessons because you’d find yourself always having to stretch your back an inch more in order to have a good look at your teacher. And the reason why you had to do this all the time is because of this boy who’s sitting in front of you.

His name is kim mingyu, and apparently he’s 185cm. By right, he should be sitting at the back because of his height but you have no idea why he chose that seat.

*Oh right* you thought to yourself as you remembered the first day of geog class.

You walked right into class that morning feeling really sleepy so you didn't notice that such a tall guy was sitting at that particular seat. You noticed an empty chair behind him and just plopped down. Little did you know, that this kid is capable of blocking your entire view. The wise thing to do was change seat but all the seats in front were taken and all was left, was the empty seat beside him.

Nope, you weren't going to sit beside a guy. Besides, you felt more comfortable sitting alone.

Because of mingyu, you weren't able to pay attention for 2 reasons.

Firstly, he was blocking you.

Secondly, you felt yourself staring at his back most of the time. You have never seen a guy with broad shoulders and you can just get by geog class staring at it.

Mingyu knows you have been struggling, I mean, he knows he’s tall, and at first he was surprised that you sat behind him. However, since you didn’t request to swop seats, he didn't think much about it either.

One day during geog class, the teacher was explaining something related to exams and you found yourself trying to move your head every 2 mins. On the other hand, mingyu had been trying to stay still in hopes that you could see but apparently it wasn't working.

“Ahhh, seriously” you let out your frustration and mingyu caught it but he couldn't do anything since it was in the middle of lesson.

After class, you sulked and was trying to copy the notes on the board when mingyu turned.

“Here” he smiled awkwardly and handed a book to you and continued “the notes for geog, you can copy them, i know you couldn't see because i was blocking you.”

“Oh, thank you.” you uttered and your heart fluttered slightly at his smile.

“Um, do you want to swop seats? I guess I’m blocking you for a really long time. It must be hard.”

“Ah, it’s fine.” you waved it off.

You actually want to change seats but that would mean you can't see his back anymore. 

“What about sitting beside me?” he said and your thoughts on his back were disrupted.

“Mmm?” you widened your eyes and tried to clarify, just in case your ears were playing tricks on you.

“Since I’m always blocking you, you should sit beside me, if not I’ll feel bad.” mingyu said softly and blushed a bit.

You took up the offer and moved your things beside him.

And now, you just can't stop glancing at him sideways during geog lessons.

And he, as well.