Part 2

Last 30 Days

My husband and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried Jin out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with him in my arms. He closed her eyes and said softly; don't tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put Jin down outsidethe door. He went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. He leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of his shirt. I realized that I hadn't looked at this man carefully for a long time. I realized he was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on his face, his hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on him. For a minute I wondered what I had done to Jin.

On the fourth day, when I lifted him up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the man who had given ten years of her life to me.

 

 

On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Jungkook about this. It became easier to carry him as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

Jin was choosing what to wear one morning. He tried on quite a few sweaters but could not find a suitable one. Then he sighed, all my sweaters have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that he had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry him more easily.

Suddenly it hit me... he had buried so much pain and bitterness in his heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched his head.

Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it's time to carry mom out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My husband gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held him in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Jin's hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held his body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But his much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held Jin in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held him tightly and said, I hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy.

I drove to the office.... jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind...I walked upstairs. Jungkook opened the door and I said to him, Sorry, Jungkook, I do not want the divorce anymore.

He looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? he said. I moved his hand off my head. Sorry, Jungkook, I said, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because Jin and I didn't value the details of our lives, not because we didn't love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried him into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold him until death do us apart.

Jungkook seemed to suddenly wake up. He gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away.

At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my husband. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I'll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my husband in the bed - dead.

Jin had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jungkook to even notice. He knew that he would die soon and he wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our son, in case we push thru with the divorce.-- At least, in the eyes of our son--- I'm a loving husband...

 

 

 

 

So it's finally done! Did you see the poster, isn't it pretty! Thanks to my best friend for making it! Anyway did you enjoy the story it has now come to an end and thank you to all those who read it. I know some people were hoping it's wasn't going to be angst but it was already set out on what it was going to be. I hope it didn't disappoint you! If you are interested in more TaeJin fanfics I am still writing some, though I barely finish, so go ahead and check it out.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view_author_stories/620085/L

 look at Jin hitting V because TAEJIN happened UGH so cute

THANK YOU FOR READING ;-;