MY BEST FRIEND, D.O

MY ANNOYING ANGEL

MiHye waiting for her friend in the rain. With a red umbrella in her hand, she keeps mumbling by herself. 

“Oh, God. This rain. I hate this rain!” MiHye holds her umbrella tightly afraid that the umbrella will fly because of the heavy rain. In her mind, she really hopes the person she waiting for will comes fast.

“MiHye ah!” Someone called her and she turned her back to see who calling.

 

[Opps! Sorry. That my friend. I forgot to tell you about him. Meet Do Kyung Soo or D.O. Sons of Do Woo Hyung and Choi Sooyoung. Do family is one of the richest Korean American in America. Their business is quite successful in this country. Name: Do Telecomunication Industry. D.O lives alone in New York and for the past three years, his business kinda slow a bit.]

“Good bye guys. See you tomorrow.” D.O greets his colleagues and walks to the lift. Then, his eyes caught Sara. His secretary. ‘Dinner at 8?’ He mumbling and walks to her desk.

But before he managed to say the words, Kevin way to fast from him and asked Sara out. He walks back to the lift and push the button.

[Poor D.O. He isn’t as cool as he thought. But he never stops trying.]

The lift opened and he sees a lady and a man inside it. D.O tries to try his luck with the lady. Who knows they can going out for a date.

“Hello gorgeous.” He starts the conversation. The lady looks at him up to toe.

“Are you talking to me?” She asks.

“Of course. Do you think I’m talking to this idiot looking man? Hahaha… My name D.O” He pointed at the man in front of them.

“Don’t bother. I’m a married woman.” She shows her marriage ring to D.O.

“Then why? What’s wrong if you’re married? I just….” Before he managed to finish, she pointed to a man in front of them.

“I marry to him.” D.O gulped. ‘I’m dead meat.’ He quickly pushes the button and ran out from the lift before he gets a punched at his beauty face.

[So that D.O if you want to know. How I know him? One year ago, we have been a classmate in MBA evening class.]

“Sorry I’m late.” D.O fixing his shirt collar while smiling at his one and only friend, MiHye whom he known for a year.

“Whatever. Walk.” MiHye leave D.O dumbfounded but managed to catch by D.O next to her.

“What make you late?” MiHye break the silence after a few minutes no conversation between them. They almost reach the college.

“Well… I met a beautiful lady in the elevator and…”

“Okay, okay. I understand. What’s her name?”

“I don’t know.”

“Her boyfriend or husband who hits you?”

“Husband.”

“Her husband’s name?”

“Michael Douglas. Yah, what the hell I know her husband’s name.”

“Oh D.O… I felt terrible…”

“It’s okay. I’m good.”

“That he didn’t punch you!” D.O send evil glare to MiHye but she just smirks. That’s enough to makes D.O want to chokes his friend.

“Thanks. How’s your weekend?”

“Fantastic. I’ve travel to London and Paris...”

“Ha…I don’t think so. Anyways, my weekend was rocking. Sunny and I.  In a bedroom, on the same bed, just two of us…the whole weekend. You know what I mean.”

“Oh, please~ I don’t even want to imagine you and your dog were doing on the bed. Get off me!” MiHye run from D.O and quickly sit at the empty seat in their MBA class.

 

*********

 

All students had sat at their seat and waiting for their lecturer to come. MiHye take out her notebook, her pen given by her late father and start to write something. While, D.O he still try to get a date by flirting with a girl in front of her. But as usual, he never gets one.

“You know, MiHye? Thank God you are not like the other girls in New York. You’re not beautiful or y and you always there for me when I need you. I like you.” MiHye smile at D.O sweetly.

“Thank you, D.O. If not because of you, I might already dead. Joke. Now, shut up. Mr Richard is here.” D.O nods his head and look in front but he notices someone. Before he can ask MiHye, she already answers it for him.

“Joo Jang Mi. New entrant…this is her first day…divorcee…For God sake, you better leaves her alone.” D.O show his thumb up to his best ever informer. He never knows how his life will be if he didn’t met with MiHye.

“Hi.” D.O greets the new student as she walks to the aisle. She greets him back with her sweet smile on her face.

“Please have a seat.” MiHye can only shook just to see how gentleman her friend can be when it comes to beautiful woman.

“Where?” Jang Mi asks with her flirtatious voice to D.O.

“Well, it supposed to be in my heart…but for now you can sit at my back.” Jang Mi walks to the seat back to him but an old lady way to fast to sit at the seat. So, Jang Mi moves and sits at the other seat.

Without knowing the old lady sits at his back, D.O takes out a piece a paper and search for his pen. He then takes MiHye’s pen because he can’t find his and start to write ‘Dinner at 9’ before he pass the paper to the lady without looking at the person. He really sure he will get a date tonight. Soon later, the lady writes something on it and passes it back to D.O.

D.O is happy to saw the reply and he turned his back to look at Jang Mi but he was shocked because she wasn’t Jang Mi but someone else. MiHye giggling and show her thumbs up to D.O as she mocking him. D.O pouted and takes out his black diary and of course snatch MiHye’s pen again before he write something in it.

[I really want to know what he wrote in his black diary and I never ask him about it. He is crazy. When I’ve met him for the first time, I didn’t like him much but today…he is my best friend. Basically he is nice guy and this I can guarantee it. You know why? Because he is not cancel the dinner. Do Kyung Soo, meet him make my life brighter and happy.]