Chapter 3

I Choose... Him

Vero is busy unpacking her things in her new bedroom. The bedroom is quite larger than her own bedroom at her house. She then sits on her bed and look at the other empty bed which is not far from her bed. The other bed is tidied prettily and Vero makes an assumption that her roommate must be a tidy person. She then look at the watch on the wall. It has been one hour since she arrived but her roommate still has not shows up. “Maybe she’s busy right now. I should continue unpacking all these stuffs before she come,” she tells herself.

Vero takes out a picture frame from her backpack and wipes it using her hoodie’s sleeve. It is a family picture which was taken four years ago, a month before her dad passed away. Inside the picture, she wore a blue dress and her hair was tied into a bun while her mother wore a brown dress and both of her father and brother looked handsome in black suit. She suddenly let out a light laugh when she remembers how she felt like crying when her mother did her hair and asked her to wear a dress for the family photoshoot. “This will be the last time I wear this ridiculous thing!” said Vero with a pouty face. “You look flawless my love, and it’s a dress, a beautiful dress.” Vero’s mother tried to put some make-up to her face but failed as Vero could not stop moving her head. “No, mummy. I’m allergic to all these things”, she said while pointing to all the make-up thingy on the table. Her mother sighed, giving up because she knew what kind of person is Vero. If she says no, then end of discussion. Vero’s mother put her hands on Vero’s shoulder, looking at her daughter’s reflection in the mirror. “You’re a lucky girl, Vero. You never put any make-up on your face yet you’re still the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen,” said her mother. Vero laughed and turned around, facing her mother. “You told me I’m pretty so that I will compliment you back, right? Okay mum. You’re the most pretty and beautiful and kind and awesome and adorable mom in the universe,” said Vero playfully to her mother. Her mother laughed and tickled her, making her laughed too.

Vero puts the picture on a small table beside her bed. She then lays on the bed shutting her eyes tightly, hoping to meet her parents in her dream.

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

When Vero is just about to sleep, her stomach growls loudly. “Gosh, I forgot to eat,” mumbles Vero and she grabs her snapback on the table, tying her hair before putting it on. She is just about to leave the room when she remembers that her wallet is still inside Shownu’s car. She tries to call Shownu but he does not answer his phone. “Damn it”, she curses and walks towards the elevator. Luckily the company’s building is not far from her dorm, just five minutes walk and she then arrives at the building. It is her second time being there. Vero enters the building and tries to find the practice room by asking a middle-aged man who works as a security guard there. “Excuse me. Can I know where is the practice room? I’m a new trainee of this company and also Shownu’s sister. He might be there right now and I need to meet him.” The man look at her, then smiles before saying, “I see. The practice room is at the second floor. You may use the elevator.” He points the elevator and Vero thanks the kind security guard. When she reaches the second floor, she immediately find a room where there is a door sign saying ‘PRACTICE ROOM’ on the door. She knocks the door and wait but no answer. She then slowly turns the doorknob and quietly enters the room.

The practice room is large and have many mirrors covering the wall and there are posters of K.Will, Sistar, Boyfriend, Monsta X and other Starship’s artists on the wall. At the corner of the room, a person is sleeping in a sitting position, snapback covering his whole face and Vero cannot identify who is him because he wears the hood on his head and also because of his covered face. “Maybe he’s Shownu. No wonder he didn’t answer my phone pftt.” Vero rolls her eyes and walks slowly towards the guy. She plans to surprise him by screaming to his ear. She holds the back of his covered neck and screams to his ear, “Wake up you lazy bum!” The guy suddenly sits up straight, making his snapback fall into his lap. Vero clearly can see the face of the guy now and her heart beats really fast because the guy is not Shownu but Jooheon.

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

 

OMG guys what do you think will happen to Vero? Poor her for being in an awkward situation with Jooheon hahah T.T Stay tuned for the 4th chapter, don’t forget to comment and subscribe :)