The Devil Wears MCM 2/2 (Final)

The Devil Wears MCM

Luhan leaned on the counter and groaned. He had been watching his friend Yixing make out with his stupid boyfriend Oh Sehun for almost twenty minutes now. He had been timing it on his phone since it started. He had nothing else to do since Yixing had abandoned him for his tall, blond boyfriend. “Ugh,” Luhan couldn’t stand it. He sometimes wished that he hadn’t given them the okay to be together. He had done so for Yixing’s sake, but he didn’t realize he would lose his best friend in the process. Of course he was always invited to go out with them, but he didn’t particularly like Sehun and he always felt like the biggest third wheel ever.

 

“Luhan.” The blond turned around to the person who had called his name. It was the new guy Minseok who had just started at the café. He was nice guy with a round face and always agreed that Luhan was manly. Luhan liked him. He was cute and sometimes it was hard to believe that Minseok was older than him.

 

“Yeah, what’s up?”

 

“Uh would you mind asking Yixing to come back so we can go on break?”

 

“Gladly,” Luhan grabbed an empty tray and walked over to the kissing couple. Minseok may have been too nice of a guy to break up the makeout session, but Luhan wasn’t. He slammed the tray down on the table shocking the two into breaking apart. Luhan would’ve been shocked that Yixing had heard anything at all, but he knew the deaf boy had been wearing his hearing aid more often since Sehun’s sign language was still a work in progress.

 

“What is wrong with you?!” Sehun glared at Luhan.

 

“You,” Luhan signed as he glared back. He turned his attention to Yixing “You need to man the counter so me and Minseok can eat lunch.”

 

Yixing signed back “Alright.” He kissed Sehun “Come sit at the counter.

 

Sehun nodded as he and Yixing moved past Luhan toward the counter. Luhan rolled his eyes again as he watched them basically ignore his existence. He growled under his breath as he plopped down in the booth where Sehun and Yixing had been sitting. “They’re so gross.”

 

“Do you mind if I sit with you?”

 

Luhan looked at Minseok who was holding two lunch boxes in his hands and another container with some type of bread.

 

“Sure,” Luhan motioned for the other male to take a seat.

 

 

Sehun watched as Yixing made drinks for the customers that were trickling in. He looked over to where he had been sitting with Yixing just a few minutes ago. He saw Luhan eating lunch with a short, round-face guy with orange-brownish hair. “Xing, who’s that guy sitting with Luhan?”

 

Yixing looked up from the drink he was making and looked to the same spot as Sehun “Oh that’s Minseok.” He finished off the drink and handed it to the customer. “He started here a few weeks ago. I’m surprised you’re just noticing him.”

 

Sehun turned to look at Yixing, signing as he spoke “Do he and Luhan get along?”

 

I think so, why?

 

Well I was thinking that maybe we could get them together,” Sehun leaned on the counter. Yixing would want to make Luhan happy; Sehun wanted Luhan to stop being jealous. He figured if Luhan had someone of his own, he wouldn’t bother him and Yixing as much. He remembered what Luhan had told him before: I still love him. Yixing thought that Luhan was just being an overprotective friend, Sehun knew otherwise. “Don't you think Luhan needs a boyfriend?”

 

Yixing had never thought about that. He always thought Luhan was happy as they were. Luhan hadn’t had a boyfriend since high school. He had gone on a few dates but it never became anything serious. Yixing wondered if the the other had wanted someone and was just having trouble. He certainly didn't mind helping Luhan find love; they were best friends and he wanted Lulu to be happy. Yet there was a weird feeling in his stomach when he thought about Luhan dating Minseok.

 

Yixing jumped when he felt Sehun touch him. Sehun raised an eyebrow “Are you okay?”

 

Yeah,” Yixing looked back at his boyfriend. “And to answer your question, I think Lulu and Minseok could be cute.” Yixing did feel that way, but he couldn't deny that saying it out loud was a lot harder than he thought it should be.

 

 

“You're staring again.”

 

Luhan looked back over to Minseok “Sorry, it's just been really different between me and Yixing since he started dating that giant.” He popped another octopus hotdog in his mouth as he continued eating the lunchbox Minseok had given him. “Thanks again for the lunchbox.”

 

Minseok smiled “You're welcome. So how long have you and Yixing been friends?”

 

“Since we were kids.” Luhan leaned on his elbow “A lot of the kids didn't like Xing because he's deaf and thought he was ignoring them, but he's basically a cinnamon roll.”

 

“So you're like besties? Well I guess I can imagine why you feel some animosity toward Sehun.”

 

“Because he's a turd?”

 

“No,” Minseok laughed “Because you're lonely without Yixing since you’ve been friends for so long.”

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow “Since when did you become the cafe therapist?”

 

“I’m not. I just noticed that you really do not like Sehun and you seem kinda protective of Yixing. But um if you want,” Minseok looked down, poking at his food “we could be friends.”

 

“Could be?” Luhan sat back surprised “I thought we were.”

 

“We are!” Minseok said quickly “I just meant that whenever you're lonely, you can always hang out with me.”

 

“Thanks Minseok,” Luhan smiled and pointed to the unopened plastic container “What's this?”

 

“Oh it's the monkey bread that I made last night. I thought you and Yixing might want some.” Minseok slid the container over to the other boy “Here, take as much as you like.”

 

“Minseok, you are literally the best.”

 

 

Yixing felt a tap on his hand. He looked at Sehun “I’m fine.” He signed before Sehun could ask him. He wasn't sure if he was actually fine, but he didn't want Sehun to think otherwise.


It was 11:47pm. Yixing had been watching the clock, waiting for Luhan to come back to their dorm. He had been spending more and more time with Minseok lately and continuously coming home later. Granted his friend seemed happier, but Yixing was starting to get annoyed. Especially now since he had purposely scheduled a movie night and Luhan wasn't even here with him.

 

Yixing was on his bed watching movies alone because his so-called best friend wasn't with him. He had thought about calling Sehun, but the brunet knew that he had been brushing off his best friend to hang out with his boyfriend and he didn't want to do that. He just never thought that Luhan would ditch him to hang out with Minseok. What is so great about him anyway? Yixing sighed. That was mean. It wasn't like he didn't like Minseok, he just didn't like Minseok hogging all of Luhan's attention.

 

Yixing looked to the door when he heard voices coming from outside. He paused the movie and listened.

 

“That was an awesome movie!” He heard Luhan cheer “We should watch it again.”

 

“Maybe when it comes out. Going to the movies is expensive,” Minseok’s voice came through the door.

 

“Alright, next one is on me.”

 

“You don't have to do that Lulu.”

 

Lulu?! Since when did Minseok call Luhan, “Lulu”?! Yixing thought angrily. The only person allowed to call Luhan, “Lulu”, was him!

 

“Minnie, I want to. Besides, you always treat me. So I'm gonna treat you for once.”

 

Minnie?! This was really starting to grind on Yixing's nerves.

 

“Fine.”

 

“Awesome! Uh, do you want to come inside?”

 

No!

 

“I can't, I have to work the morning shift at the cafe. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

“Alright see you later Minnie!”

 

Yixing heard footsteps going away from the door then the lock clicking open. He quickly turned the movie back on and pretended that he was watching the whole time.

 

“Hey,” Luhan said as he hung his jacket up in the closet.

 

“Hi.” The brunet didn't bother turning away from the movie.

 

Luhan sighed, knowing that Yixing was probably mad at him. He had missed movie night, but he didn't think it was that big of a deal. Considering all the times Xing had ditched him to be with Sehun, he figured his friend would get over it. He sat down on the bottom bunk and poked his friend who looked at him with a somewhat angry face. Although, Yixing's angry face was so cute that Luhan didn't always take him seriously. He signed “I’m sorry I missed movie night. Minseok asked me to hang out with him after work and I agreed. We can do movie night next week, okay?”

 

“No, not okay,” Yixing signed back “I specifically set this time aside so we could hang out and you ditched for Minseok or is it ‘Minnie’?”

 

“Why didn't you just call Sehun?” Luhan was more than sure the giant would have shown up if Yixing had just asked.

 

“Because, being the idiot I am, I thought you would actually show up!”

 

“Oh like all the times you showed up when I planned something but you were too busy with your stupid ‘Hunnie’. Is that what you mean?!”

 

Yixing glared at his best friend “I planned this because I felt bad about that. But I guess you couldn't deprive Minseok of his precious Lulu!”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes “Well I wouldn't have to be Minseok’s ‘Lulu’ if I was your ‘Lulu’!”

 

“You are my Lulu!”

 

“If I was your Lulu then you would have noticed my feelings for you!”

 

Yixing froze. Luhan had feelings for him? Since when? How long had his best friend liked him without him knowing? “You like me?”

 

No idiot, I love you, Luhan thought. He wanted to finally get it all out, but Yixing had a boyfriend. He already had someone in his life and as much as he didn't like Sehun, he couldn't ruin that for Yixing. “I’m going to bed.”

 

The brunet reached for his arm but Luhan pulled away. He climbed up to the top bunk and faced the wall. Yixing stood on his bed and looked at his friend. Luhan clearly didn't want to talk about this anymore. He sighed as he climbed back down. He turned off the movie and laid down, staring at the bunk above him. Yixing couldn't believe what he had just heard: Luhan had feelings for him and he never noticed.


Yixing lay on the sofa with his head in Sehun's lap. He was supposed to be watching his boyfriend play a game, but his mind constantly wandered back to Luhan's confession a few nights ago. He couldn't help thinking about how he had never noticed. Luhan was always helping him when he forgot his hearing aid, making tea for him and even watching over him when it came to dating. He had always thought that it was just Luhan being a good friend. Apparently, being friendly wasn't all Luhan was doing.

 

The confession also explained why Luhan had such an intense dislike for Sehun. He was jealous. He didn't want to see Yixing dating someone else. The brunet could understand that. He broke away from his thoughts when he felt something poke his nose. He looked up at Sehun “What?”

 

“I asked if you wanted ice cream. I have some in my freezer,” Sehun ran a hand through his boyfriend's hair. “What's wrong? And don't tell me nothing.”

 

Yixing wasn't sure if he should tell Sehun what Luhan had said. Relations between them were already tense and he didn't want to make things worse. He wasn't very good at lying either, so he settled for something in between. “I was just thinking about something Luhan said to me.”

 

“What did he say?”

 

Yixing should have seen that coming. He sighed, knowing that lying would only make the situation worse. “He told me that he has feelings for me,” Yixing looked away.

 

“Oh,” Sehun said flatly. “What did you say to him?”

 

“I asked him since when but he didn't say anything back,” Yixing slowly sat up and looked at his boyfriend “Sehun, I know you don't like him, but he’s my best friend. What am I supposed to do?”

 

“How do you feel about him?”

 

“What?”

 

“How do you feel about him?” Sehun looked at Yixing worriedly. He knew how Luhan felt and he had hoped that Yixing would never find out. He had hoped that Luhan would be so busy with Minseok and Yixing would be busy with him, the topic should never have come up. Sehun was scared. He was scared that if Yixing knew how Luhan felt, his boyfriend would leave him. He didn't hate Luhan; he just recognized all the ways that Luhan was better for Yixing than he was. His sign language was perfect, he'd know Yixing for forever and they were already used to living together. Sehun acted cool, but that thought was always in the back of his mind. He didn't want to lose Yixing to Luhan.

 

“I don't know.” Yixing had never thought about it until recently. Maybe he did like Luhan a little bit. It would certainly explain why he was so angry about Luhan's friendship with Minseok. He thought it was just because they were best friends, but maybe it was something more than that. He looked at Sehun and could see the sadness in boyfriend's eyes. “Sehun, what's wrong?”

 

“Will you leave me for him?”

 

“No, of course not.” That thought had never even crossed his mind. Even if Yixing realized he had feelings for Luhan, he didn't plan on leaving Sehun for him. He didn't know what he would do, but he wasn't going to break Sehun's heart.


Yixing sat on his bed waiting for Luhan to come home. They needed to talk about this. He looked up when the door opened and his friend came through. “I need to talk to you. I want to talk about what you said to me.”

 

Luhan shook his head “Forget it Xing. I was just saying things that I shouldn't have.”

 

Yixing hopped up and blocked Luhan from getting to the top bunk “I can't just forget it. You can't just tell me you have feelings for me and then tell me to forget it.”

 

“Fine, then let's talk. What do you want me to say?”

 

“Since when? How long have you liked me?”

 

Luhan sighed “Since high school.”

 

“Why did you ever say anything?”

 

“Because I didn't think you saw me that way. You never seemed to notice me so I didn't bother.”

 

“You should have said something. You know I'm oblivious,” Yixing laughed wryly. “Then you started dating Minseok and that didn't really help.”

 

“Dating Minseok? Minseok and I are not dating,” Luhan laughed. “We’re just friends. Minseok has a crush on some guy named Chen.”

 

“But I thought--” Yixing stopped mid-sentence. He felt so silly for being jealous about that. He would have to apologize to Minseok for how mean he had been lately. “Then can I see something?”

 

“See what?”

 

“I want to see what I feel with you.”

 

Luhan still looked confused, but he didn't get a chance to say anything because Yixing kissed him. Their lips pressed together and moved in sync. Luhan wound his arms around his best friend's waist and pulled him closer. The kiss was everything he imagined and more. It felt like electricity going back and forth between them.

 

Yixing didn't know what to expect when he kissed Luhan, but he knew he liked it when he felt a tingle go up his spine the moment their lips touch. It was the same feeling he got whenever he kissed Sehun. Sehun! Yixing slowly pulled away from Luhan. What was he going to tell Sehun? That he got the same amazing feeling as when they kissed when he kissed Luhan? He looked at Luhan. He was sure there was no going back after this. They had to tell Sehun.


“You’re still so fat,” Sehun rolled his eyes as Luhan started on his third piece of lemon cake.

 

“I am not fat, you stupid turd!” Luhan continued to eat his cake.

 

Yixing watched as his boyfriends went back and forth as usual. Sehun had been surprisingly welcoming to Luhan in their relationship. It was a little awkward at first, but they all had slowly started to accept that Yixing was unwilling to have one without the other. He had told Sehun about the kiss with Luhan and how it made him feel and he had told Luhan that he was not going to break up with Sehun. Neither were particularly happy about it at the time, but now things were a bit more calm. As ridiculous as they both acted, Yixing knew they were friends at heart, friends that both loved him.

 

“Why can't you eat one piece of cake like a normal person?!” Sehun crossed his arms over his chest.

 

Luhan looked at him like he was crazy “Because people who only eat one piece of cake aren't normal, duh!”

 

“You guys, boyfriends really shouldn't fight like this,” Yixing tried to intervene.

 

“He is not my boyfriend!” Luhan and Sehun said in sync quite loudly.

Yixing sunk down in his seat as the other customers stared at them. Why must they be so embarrassing?


A/N: This took me way too long to get back to but in the comments pearl_red asked if it was going to be a three-way relationsip. I really liked the idea and I wanted to figure out a smooth way to make that happen. I couldn't figure out and was going to settle for Yixing being protective over Luhan and just write Xiuhan. That didn't sit well with me. Not that I don't shi them, but I really wanted the three-way to work. Somehow, magically, it came to me today and this is the result. It's only about 3000 words but I like it. I hope you like it too. Until next time, comment, subscribe, etc.

-씨에라