The Devil Wears MCM 1/2?

The Devil Wears MCM

Jitterbean café was busy as usual and the barista behind the counter was wiping down his station after the lunch rush. Not only was their coffee good, but all the drinks they made were well liked. They got a lot of business which always ended with Luhan having to clean at least three times per shift. It could have been worse though. He was just finishing up when he noticed his friend walk by the counter. “Yixing,” he called but got no response. Luhan tried again “Yixing.” No response. The waiter just continued with his work. Most people would assume that he was being ignored, but Luhan knew better. He leaned over and noticed that his friend was missing his hearing aid. Yixing was deaf and he was forgetful. A lot of the time the younger boy would forget his hearing aid and not even notice. Luhan sighed. One would think after ten years, he would be used to this. The blond boy went over and tapped his friend on the shoulder. Yixing jumped and turned around, giving a sigh of relief when he realized it was only his best friend.

 

“Where is your hearing aid?” Luhan signed and spoke at the same time. Doing both helped Yixing with reading lips and still understand what Luhan was saying even if he didn’t catch everything his mouth was saying. It also helped Yixing with his own speech to see how other people's mouths moved and he learned to make the same motions.

 

Oh,” Yixing touched his ear, realizing that his hearing aid definitely wasn’t there. “Oops, I think I left it at home.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes “Make sure to bring it tomorrow.

 

Yixing nodded happily. “Lulu, let’s take our break and get lunch.

 

Sure.” The two boys went behind the counter to put their aprons away when the door to the cafe opened.

 

“Lulu.”

 

Luhan turned and looked at his bestie with a raised eyebrow. “What’s up?” he signed.

 

“There’s Oh Sehun,” Yixing smiled as he looked over at the guy who had just walked into the cafe where they worked “Isn’t he handsome?”

 

“He looks pretty ugly to me,” Luhan rolled his eyes. His best friend had had a crush on Oh Sehun for a long time. He didn’t know what was so great about the guy really. Sure he was super tall and kind of had a model look to him. Blond hair, sharp brown eyes, and pretty lean muscles. That didn’t make him anything special. If anything, it made him a douche.

 

“Hey.”

 

Luhan broke away from his thoughts when said douche came up to the counter “What do you want?”

 

“I was talking to Yixing,” Sehun smiled at said boy, ignoring Luhan “How are you?"

 

A light blush spread over Yixing’s cheeks “I’m fi--”

 

“Unless you’re going to order, you need to shoo.” Luhan waved his hand at the taller boy “Oh wait, we’re going on break so you can’t order so go away. Shoo.”

 

Sehun glared at Luhan “So, Lulu how many people mistook you for a girl today?”

 

Luhan’s eyes widened before he tried to jump over the counter to swing at Sehun “You bastard! I’m manly dammit!”

 

“Lulu, stop!” Yixing pulled Luhan back by the waist. This was utterly embarrassing and moreso because it wasn't a rare occurrence. Luhan always did this when Sehun came around. Yixing didn't understand why his bestie was trying to ruin any chance he had with his crush.

 

Sehun shook his head “You’re completely ridiculous.”

 

Luhan broke away from Yixing’s grip, but didn’t go after the taller boy. “You know what? I don't have time to deal with you; you’re not worth it.”

Yixing took a breath as his friend started to calm down. He noticed Sehun was holding something behind his back. “What's that?” he asked as he went around to the other side of the counter.

 

Sehun couldn’t sign, so he didn’t catch what Yixing said, but the curious look on the other's face certainly gave it away. He turned his back away from Yixing who was stepping closer “I bought you something that I'm sure you'll love.”

Yixing's eyes brightened and his face turned a little pink “Can I see it?”

 

“Nope! No, no, no!” Luhan ran over and stood between the two. “You are not giving him anything!”

 

“But Lulu…” Yixing frowned and looked at the floor.

 

Sehun nudged Luhan out of the way and held out his gift to Yixing “Unicorns aren't supposed to be sad.”

 

Yixing looked up and saw a Rarity plush looking at him. His eyes widened and a bright smile spread across his face “RARITY!!!” He seized the plush and hugged it tightly to his chest. “Thank you, Sehun.”

 

Luhan frowned. Xing let me see that, he didn’t say it out loud so stupid Sehun wouldn’t know what they were talking about. Yixing handed over the plush. Luhan inspected it, making sure there were no subliminal messages hiding on it. Seems fine, he signed and handed the plush back.

 

Of course it is, Yixing signed back. Why wouldn’t it be?

 

Sehun was more than confused. He didn’t know sign language, so it was hard to know what Yixing and Luhan were talking about when they didn't speak.

 

Luhan saw the look of confusion on the tall boy’s face and smiled. He liked it when that little was confused. He looked back at Yixing and signed Let's go to lunch.

 

Okay. Luhan took Yixing's hand and started to pull him away from Sehun.

 

Sehun looked at them, shocked for a moment, then he grabbed Yixing's other hand, causing him and Luhan to look back at the younger boy. “Yes, Sehun?”

 

“Uh,” Sehun let go of Yixing's hand “Can you give me your number so I can text you tonight?”

 

The brunet boy nodded and pulled a pen from his pocket to write his number on Sehun's hand.

 

Luhan groaned as he watched. Why did it have to be Sehun? Yixing could like anyone on the planet and he had to choose stupid Oh Sehun. Yixing finished writing and turned back to Luhan

 

“Lunch time!”

 

“Finally,” Luhan stuck his tongue out at Sehun as he pulled his friend away.

 

Sehun pouted. He hated that Luhan was so clingy to Yixing. Not that it mattered because the cute boy would be Sehun's soon.

---

Yixing sat on his bed, finishing up his homework. It was kind of hard to concentrate when he kept thinking about Sehun and the plush he had gotten today.  It was so cute and unexpected. He knew that Sehun liked him, but he didn’t know the tall blonde was really that interested. Yixing had been pretty interested for a while. He had liked Sehun since the first time the boy had walked in the coffee shop. He had been taking an order from some guys at a table and then the guys started making fun of the way he talked. His speech was a little raspy from being deaf and it didn't help that he still had his Chinese accent. Luckily, Sehun came over and stood up for him. It was the best moment of Yixing's life when Sehun told those guys off. The brunet boy had been crushing on the other ever since.

 

Bzz! Yixing's phone vibrated and he received a text:

 

Hey, Yixing. I know this is a little blunt, but are you doing anything Friday night?

-Sehun

 

“Eep!” the Chinese boy squealed. He quickly settled down as Luhan walked into their dorm room.

 

“What are you squealing about?” he asked he towel-dried his hair.

 

“I think Sehun is going to ask me on a date,” Yixing signed. He sent a message back:

 

Nope. I'm totally free on Friday.

-Yixing

 

“Why would he ask you out?”

 

Yixing looked up appalled “Why wouldn’t he ask me out?

 

“That’s not what I meant.” Luhan sat on the bottom bunk next to his friend “I just mean he doesn't deserve you, you're like a thousand times better than him.”

 

But I like him.

 

Why?

 

Bzzt!

 

I wanted to know if you would like to go on a movie date with me.

-Sehun

 

“Yes!” Yixing cheered as he held his phone close to his chest. His crush had just asked him on a date! He immediately texted back his acceptance and started jumping around. He was finally going on a date with Sehun!

 

Luhan watched his friend jump around and frowned. He knew Sehun had asked him out and of course Yixing accepted. Why he would do that, Luhan had no clue. Sehun wasn't right for Yixing at all. The guy didn't even know how to sign! Luhan rolled his eyes as he climbed up to the top bunk and faced the wall. He wasn’t interested in seeing Yixing so excited about that guy.

 

“Lulu,” Yixing poked his friend “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“I know you don't like Sehun, but I do. He's been nothing but nice to me since we met and I never had a regular guy like me before. I was hoping you would be happy for me.” Yixing sighed when he didn't get a response. He climbed down and turned off the light on the side table.

 

“Goodnight, Lulu.”

 

“‘Night Xing.”

---

Luhan was not above spying. It was Friday night and he had decided to follow Yixing on his date. Granted he had been nice enough to give his blessing, he wanted to make sure that Sehun did wound up being a jerk. He had been following them since Sehun had come to pick Yixing up.

 

“Thank you for being supportive Lulu,” Yixing smiled.

“Well I can't stop you from going out with him, so I gotta be a good friend.” Luhan chuckleds when Yixing threw his arms around his neck and hugged him.

“You’re the bestest friend ever.”

Knock, knock.

“Alright,” Luhan nudged the other boy back “That’s probably the little turd.”

Yxing pouted “He’s not a turd.”

“He’s a turd,” Luhan went to open the door and saw Sehun dressed like a prep school nerd. “Ha! You look ridiculous.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and looked at Yixing “Wow you look wonderful.”

“Thank you,” the Chinese boy blushed.

“Are you ready,” Sehun held out his hand.

Luhan almost puked when Yixing nodded shyly and took it as they headed out. “You be good to him! And don't bring him back too late!”

Of course Luhan couldn’t leave Yixing alone with that turd, so he decided to follow them.

 

It was after the movie, and Lulu was peeking at them from around the corner. They had been holding hands since their date started and Luhan wasn’t sure if they ever let go. It was sickening. Then the two started talking about something as they were walking back to Yixing and Luhan’s dorm. Luhan walked a little closer behind them and realized that they were talking about him.

 

“Yixing, can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure, fire away,” Yixing smiled as he swung their intertwined hands.

 

“Why are you friends with Luhan?”

 

“Well he’s been my friend ever since we were young. He wanted to be friends when everyone else avoided me because I'm deaf. He even learned to sign just so we could communicate better.” He stopped swinging their hands “I know he can be difficult, but he's a good person. I don't think I could ask for a better friend.”

 

Luhan smiled when he heard Yixing's response. It felt good to know that he was the most liked above everyone else. it, Sehun!

 

“He really means a lot to you. Do you think you mean that much to him?”

 

Of course he does you little ! Luhan wanted to pummel Sehun's face in.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean do you thknk he likes you and that's why he hates me so much?”

 

Yixing took a moment to ponder Sehun's question. “No. I think he’s just like an overprotective mama bear looking out for her cub.”

 

Papa bear, dammit.

 

“I see,” Sehun nodded and looked up at the building they now stood in front of. “Well this is you. Uh, did you enjoy our date?”

 

I really enjoyed it,” Yixing signed.

 

“Oh,” Sehun piped up “I’ve been practicing how to sign. I learned one just for today.” I had a really good time tonight.

 

Yixing stared wide-eyed before his face broke out into a big smile.

 

Even Luhan hadn’t been expecting that. Maybe Sehun was a complete turd.

 

“Me too,” Yixing pulled Sehun's face down and kissed his cheek.

 

Before Yixing could fully pull away, Sehun pulled the brunet close and lightly pressed their lips together.

 

Luhan had to resist the urge to intervene. He was happy when they finally pulled apart to say their goobyes and Yixing went into the dorm.

“You can come out of hiding now.”

 

Luhan froze in place. He didn’t think Sehun had noticed him peeking out from the side of the dorm building. Well he was caught. He slowly walked over and stood in front of the taller boy.

 

“You didn't have to spy on us. I wasn’t going to hurt him.”

 

“Better safe than sorry.”

 

Sehun sighed “Look Luhan, I just want to be with Yixing. He's cute and smart and funny.”

 

“Well you're clearly putting in the work it takes to communicate with him.” Luhan crossed his arms over his chest “Fine, you can date. But I swear if you hurt him,  I will slice your man parts with a cheese grater. Got it?”

 

“Got it,” Sehun put his hands up defensively.

 

“Good,” Luhan headed to the building door.

 

“Do you like him?”

 

“I did once. But I realized he didn't see me that way. I let it go, but I still look out for him because I still love him.”

---

“Judging you so hard right now.”

 

“For what?!” Luhan glared at the boy across from him. He, Yixing and the turd were in a cake shop. The three had started hanging out more often since Yixing and the turd had started dating. Luhan was starting to regret giving his approval for this relationship.

 

“That’s like your third piece of cake,” Sehun shook his head “You’re so fat.”

 

“I’m sorry. Unlike you, I happen to like food and I will gladly eat as much cake as I want.”

 

“Judging you so hard right now.”

 

I’m gonna kill him, Luhan silently signed to Yixing. Sehun still hadn’t mastered sign language, so it was still good for secret communication.

 

Can’t you two just get along? Yixing was happy that Luhan approved of his relationship, but it was embarrassing for the two of them to be fussing every time they went out together.

 

“Hey, I'm still here. Can we at least talk out loud so I know what's going on?” Sehun pouted.

 

Yixing giggled and kissed the blond’s cheek “Sorry, Hunnie.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes “Geez, you’re so whiny.”

 

“I am not!”

 

And they went back to arguing like an old married couple. Yixing sighed and looked at the waiter who was watching Luhan and Sehun arguing.

“I’m sorry, they're idiots.”


A/N: Posting this at 4:47 am from my phone. I'm sorry that it's so short. I probably could have made it longer, but yeah. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it. If you want more to this story, please let me know. I'm willing to write out a longer second part if you want. I just wanted to get this up. I'll come back and format it later. Anyways subscribe, comment, etc. Thanks!

-씨에라